Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gravelrash

optimate connections

Went to plug the Bandit into the optimate tonight and the positive connector pin in the hard wired plug on the bike has completely corroded to nothing it has a dust cap over the terminal connector and I think its been holding water  thumb down so have just ordered these -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adapter-Connector-For-Optimate-Accumate-Battery-Charger-/161226891912?pt=UK_CartsParts_Vehicles_ATVQuad_Trike_Parts_Accessories_SM&hash=item2589df2288

and am going to put a little drain hole in the cap. It is a few years old so maybe just normal wear and tare. Do you think the new connectors will need soldering or just crimping?  confused

you can buy a complete lead on Ebay for around £8-9 mate.  Smile 

Crimping is enough if you do it properly.

Thanks Alan, I have one lead on the Bandit, one on the 500 twin, one on my daughters xr and my brother has 2 on his bikes so I have ordered 10 connectors for £4.80, should keep me going. I always make a pigs ear of soldering so I'll just crimp I think!  thumbs thumbs 

crimp them and put a tiny blob of solder just to keep them from coming  thumbs 

ive got a good soldering iron I bought  for precisely that kind of thing your welcome to borrow it mike  thumbs 

Thanks Dick  thumbs  i'll have a go with mine and if i mess it up might take you up on that  thumbs  salute

Thanks Dick  thumbs  i'll have a go with mine and if i mess it up might take you up on that  thumbs  salute

no probs mike  thumbs 

All sorted and back on the bike, checked for continuity and working fine  thumbs  Did take some pictures of the state it was in but it seems my camera skills are like my soldering!  Embarassed   Embarassed