Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

will this be safe....

plenty people use them dave, not for me though as an axle nut is usually around 100n torque, I would fit a stainless one though.

Not sure I'd fancy an alloy axle nut mate TBH. No facility for a split pin or R clip by the look of it either.  Suspect 

Not sure I'd fancy an alloy axle nut mate TBH. No facility for a split pin or R clip by the look of it either.  Suspect 

"•The assembly is very easy: through a simple hexagonal key"

@Davehutch wrote:

Well, yeah, a socket I assume they mean. But no means of locking it in place. My axle has a hole through the middle to pass a split pin or R clip through, so the nut can't back off. Surely yours does too?

@Davehutch wrote:

Well, yeah, a socket I assume they mean. But no means of locking it in place. My axle has a hole through the middle to pass a split pin or R clip through, so the nut can't back off. Surely yours does too?
no just torque alone , but I know what you mean , I didn't realize that is what that meant IE: hexagonal key = socket lol

@madcarper wrote:
do they not do a racing version that you can lockwire dave.
think they do but not in blue , but think you have both answered my question anyway , I wont bother  thumbs 

Get yourself some of that thread sealant? Made by Loctite, but not Loctite  scratch it actually is a kind of rubber sealant which acts as an anti vibration measure to keep the nut in place. I'll see if I can find some on the net.  Smile 

when you tighten a nut up because of the form of the thread you are effectively trying to spread the nut apart. this requires the material to have a good tensile strength and Aluminium has nowhere near the same tensile strength as steel or titanium so these nuts can and do sometimes crack.

not worth the hassle m8 if your unsure now it'll be on your mind - get a nice shiny stainless one  thumbs