Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BanditMike

Just bought this ..

I've put this here as, technically, it's where it belongs. Those that know me know I don't do mechanical etc, so it won't really be that much of a project. Will probably end being a good clean up and a simple re-spray. It will then either go for sale, or may keep it for the young 'un to use, see what happens.

Currently won't let me put any pictures up, so will do so later on. I know no good 

Few jobs need doing, new clutch lever, brake lever, indicators, but nothing major. A respray should see it sorted!

Oh, and apparently it's been race tuned, high lift cams etc   Twisted Evil    Twisted Evil

@Davehutch wrote:
no good 

agree  Am I missing something Mike .......what is it?  scratch Laughing  Was thinking your ZX until you said something for your "young 'un to use" !  Shocked Shocked 

Give us chance!!!!  System wouldn't load pictures this morning, so we'll try again now ....    angry    angry    angry    angry   computers. Log out and back on, they try again  study

Give us chance!!!!  System wouldn't load pictures this morning, so we'll try again now ....    angry    angry    angry    angry   computers. Log out and back on, they try again  study
hurry up !!!!!!

What a  censored    censored    censored    censored    censored    censored    censored    censored  about, but the link now works   head bang    head bang    head bang    head bang    head bang    head bang   head bang    head bang  surrender    surrender    surrender    surrender    surrender    surrender   surrender

it looks broke  Laughing 

sure ya will sort it out after ya fixed the computer  Laughing 

@madcarper wrote:
took your bloody time   Rolling Eyes  looks like a zx7 to moi.

It's a computer thing. Just wouldn't have it. We're lucky we've still got a monitor   head bang    surrender 

Very close mate, ZXR 750. Currently looking at fairings. The ones with it couldbe sprayed, but I think the cost of them, given the "repairs" the last lad made, may be easier and cheaper to get a new set, if the price is right. Frame cleaned up well, but will wait until I get more time before I try putting any pictures up   thumbs    Shocked    Shocked

Frame seems to be cleaning up okay

Plugs are changed, oil and filter shortly then waiting for brake lever, fork seals and air filter. Got some red fairings to go on, rather than £400 to paint the existing ones. And it probably would have cost that much given the fibre-glass and filler in them   Shocked 

After that, the wheels and mirrors. Probably black given the red colour for the fairings. Was debating gold, or silver, but given the black decals on the fairing, probably stay with that.

All done now, and on ebay. The eldest lad didn't seem interested in it, and when I asked him said he probably wouldn't have time to ride it. So it's finished and on fleabay for sale. Will put a link in the "Classified" if anyone is interested.

My Dad did most of the work, I did some of the fetching and carrying, and driving to collect the fairings etc  thumbs  Too much office work, soft hands   thumbs   Shocked   Shocked