Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smilinjack

Lancaster flypast

OIn the way home today I saw the Vulcan bomber. Apparently it had two Lancs with it which sadly I missed. however, for those of you like me who take an interest in these things, check out this link. If I remember I can see them next Sunday at Gedling. TBH I'd probably see them from home.  Smile 

http://www.warplane.com/lancaster-2014-uk-tour.aspx

I see it quite often out in Lincolnshire while I'm out on the bike, its based at RAF Conningsby near Woodhall Spa.

the Vulcan was supposed to do a flypast over Carlisle airport last sunday but was cancelled due to weather  Sad 

I remember when sunderland airport was around before nissin built a factory on it, I was waterskiing on the river wear when one of the last flying Vulcans was to be a museam piece at the sunderland air museam was flying in to land there. as the runway was quite short it had to come in as slow as it possibly could, and skim the a19 to hit the runway.
I remember hearing this almighty roaring looked up and the fecking thing was massive and was going so slow I don't how the feck it did not just drop out the sky. totally awesome sight and sound I will never forget.