Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
obalanga

Insurance

Just spent a few hours treading the minefield we know as insurance. Pricing just doesn't make sense. Some ask for modifications, some don't. Didn't know top box, panniers and crash bungs were mods. Horror stories from all corners. At £220 I have been asked for £875 excess. I thought regulations changed and you can now direct the repairer you want your insurer to use. Turns out not only do they decide where to take the bike but nowadays, they can fit used parts off another bike (even tyres) to fix your bike. You are welcome to challenge it but by the time and aggro you line up and pay expert engineers and witnesses to prove that the used tyre may not be safe, it would be cheaper to buy a new one. All buried in the small print. I wish their salaries were paid in similar notes.

With 2 cars and 3 bikes in the household I hate sorting insurance out and wouldn't be surprised if there was some hidden small print I don't know about. Your right about it being a minefield!

3 cars and 1 bike here and the most expensive quote was multicar even though they say its the cheapest ;best thing to do ive found is to change insurers every year ;theyre all robbing barstewards though Suspect

i declare mods to a limit, they even class stickers, im not declaring every sticker. and crash bungs is because sometimes they do more damage and without as yes they save your fairings but people have had frames damaged by them making the bike a cat b.