Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

chain and sprockets

best place to buy?

lee at motoworks wanted 140 fitted whats good for a shop. but ill just borrow my mechanic friends chain rivet tool and do it, ive found x ring gold chain and sprockets for £74 on ebay are they actually any good? i want something thats not going to stretch in 5 mins. when they may be good chains but just thought id see if anyone else has used them? ill pay more if itll last.

personally I wouldn't risk a cheap no name chain, if it snaps on you it can wreck your engine casings, wrap itself around your leg or have you off the bike.

oh i dont want to run cheap. when there are d.i.d chains coming up with the sprockets for like £80 but then are the sprockets any good?

cleaning and lubricating regularly will double the life of your chain chad also keeping it at the correct adjustment thumbs

i always use dry lube but mines at about 12k which for my riding to finish it off is pretty good.

scotoiler and a good clean every few weeks works well thumbs I also coat mine in gear oil during the winter

Try hunters motorcycle shop in newcastle. They deliver and are really cheap for high quality parts.