Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

what a day!

what a day! borrow a chain rivet tool to do my bike, took 1 link off and it was halfway along the adjustment, and it all lined up fine to remove another, so I did, and then I could not get the wheel spindle thought as the chain was too short, but of an uh oh moment. when normally my bike has a 16/40 setup ive gone for a 15/42 to make it more lively so for now until the chain stretches a couple of mm ive put the 40 tooth rear back on, and I must say even without the 42 it is a wheelie beast, plus so much more responsive and had first ride of the year and surpised kev ringing on his flats buzzer shouting stripper gram!

Must be nice to blow the cobwebs out Chad thumbs was gonna go out for 1/2 hour before work today but its very wet and my bike is very clean....so maybe not Embarassed Just ordered a bike specific DID chain and sprockets for Kats old bike in readiness for selling and that had 2 links too many Rolling Eyes but easily sorted, just shouldnt of had too. Was gonna try and get out Saturday but going to Leeds now with my brother to pick up an old SD1 motor he won on Ebay, just hope it fits in my little trailer! Laughing

well I paid £200 from aprilia performance I expected a straight fit.

I got out today though for a proper ride, bikes totally different front happy but doesnt feel right as pop front up and its running out of gear sooner what im not used to lol.

think you've gone to far there chad 1 off the front is the same as 3 on the back, so in effect you've reduced the gearing by 5 teeth which is a lot. I would drop one of the sprocket back to the original and try that.

ive not put the 42 rear on yet but its what griff and the fellas at aprilia performance have said do, griff was on about dropping 2 teeth on the front but I said no that's too much,

if you go to small on the front you will also have clearance issues with your chain and the pivot point on the swingarm.

yeah apparently on track bikes the run 2 down sometimes, been told aprilia was designed with the 15/42 but due to making it more rideable for joe blogs they did the 16/40, but it is definatly a different bike now.