Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BanditMike

Luggage

Currently I have a top box on the bike, which was on when I bought the bike. Given I'm hoping to have a run to France etc next year I bought a set of pannier racks. I've had to send them back as the bracket for the top box is where the support bracket for the pannier rack needs to go (behind the seat). Does anyone know of a rack that would go with a top box rack, or do I have to buy a whole new system?

There is this on ebay, but I'm not sure.
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/331581307494?nav=SEARCH

Anyone any thoughts?

I thought Givi did a three box set of racks. There's Hepco & Becker or Kappa. Problem with the ZZR1400 is that Kawasaki advise against a three box system-they don't think the subframe is strong enough IIRC. But in answer to your question, I suspect you'll need to buy a complete new system Smile

I thought Givi did a three box set of racks. There's Hepco & Becker or Kappa.

Kappa is the plastic version of givi Smile I'd buy the wingrack II and sell your top box rack/box. ( unless box fits ) would be the easiest way to make sure everything fits properly Smile

@fr499y wrote:
I thought Givi did a three box set of racks. There's Hepco & Becker or Kappa.

Kappa is the plastic version of givi Smile I'd buy the wingrack II and sell your top box rack/box. ( unless box fits ) would be the easiest way to make sure everything fits properly Smile

My first VFR had Kappa luggage. Have to say, it worked well and leaked less than my Givis do. Smile

Cheers for the answers boys. I'll dot he usual, review the cost and then weigh up the pros and cons. May have to do with the soft panniers and some small padlocks Wink

if theyre gonna nick stuff mike even the best luggage wont stop them id go for cheaper luggage and waterproof bags ,aldi were doing them last year for about £7 saying that good quality bin liners work just as well inside the panniers thumbs

pretty much what i used to do with the throw overs. Stick the clothes and things in plastic bags/black bags.