Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

where to get a clutch?

okay the only way to get to the forum rideout is to find a clutch asap for my bike and for me to get it in. so where can i get one as cant find one for my year of bike anywhere Sad

tried ebay, and the usual websites that do spares, but nothing any ideas guys?

loks like the 04-08 clutch fit the 07-09 tuono. so get the friction plates as most of mine do look tired, and then scuff up steel plates as they all say but i cant find spring tolerances anywhere so may just get new. then need to see how the diaphragm looks.

griff wooley got my chain and sprockets from him, i might give im a buzz tomorrow but i did fine he can be a little dear but will only send the best and customer service is brilliant so you get what you pay for.

payday tomorrow dave, so ill order from where i have to, ill se what prices my buddy at motoworks comes up with but at worse i found diaphrams for £9, springs for £21, and ebc plates for £70, so £100 and i can do it all myself the bikes already apart.

when the diaphragm isnt split but looks stretched so i think while im there ill replace it, as it is the original.

just means going to be tight for money going north, as got to pay hmrc some money this week too.

i once got a tax bill for 270 , felt like sending them the full 3 quid and saying keep the change

Only national insurance bud I cancel self employed on Thursday but struggling with self assessment as apprently I have 2 accounts. Knowledge to me.

i also got a tax bill for£ 125,000 in 1998 which wasnt very nice on top of £75000 vat bill ,thatll teach you to stay small thumbs

i found diaphrams for £9, springs for £21, and ebc plates for £70, so £100 and i can do it all myself the bikes already apart.

Chad, if it's the Aprilia RSV 1000, R, Tuono, 2007-2011, then I can do you EBC friction plates and springs + the clutch cover gasket for quite a bit less than that - but can't get a diaphragm.

macie my mate whos does all my mechanical at his shop said ebc only stock up to an 06 tuono

macie my mate whos does all my mechanical at his shop said ebc only stock up to an 06 tuono

Hmmm, well the EBC look up I'm using, says that the clutch plates [part no. CK6680] fits the following:

Aprilia RSV 1000 R Tuono RPB00 2002-2003 125 BHP,
Aprilia RSV 1000 R Tuono RPB09 2004 125 BHP,
Aprilia RSV 1000 R Tuono RPB09 2005 125 BHP,
Aprilia RSV 1000 R Tuono RR100 2007-2011 133 BHP,
Aprilia RSV 1000 R Tuono RRL00 2006 133 BHP,

Additionally, Surflex and Barnett (both racing clutch manufacturers) list the same part number for their clutches for Tuonos between 2002 and 2008. Now, I'll be the first to admit that catalogues aren't always right, but these 3 at least think that the 06 and 07 plates are the same.

Strangely enough, Aprilia list two different sets of clutch friction plates - one for 2002-2005 (part no AP8106867) and one for 2006-2009 (part no AP0659800). Suspect

i believe i sussed it, the ck6680 kits have 6 plates in for the older engines?

where as mine has 9 but they seem to be the same plate?

when 3 of my plates looks like new its the middle one that are fooked but i dont want to be used 3 old and 6 new as thats a bit silly!

when mines the 2007-2011 model.

can you get parts then?

when ive emailed a few to see if their kits have 9 plates or 6,

can you get parts then?
when ive emailed a few to see if their kits have 9 plates or 6,

Well I can get the EBC friction plates for the Aprilia RSV 1000 R Tuono RR100 2007-2011 133 BHP, yes.

how much dude? and hopefully 9 plates? lol 1 kit said for my year but only had 6 :/

yes dave hes helped out very muchly Very Happy

and dennis helped me sort out a decent brand of springs last night.

so just a mirror and ive found genuine aprilia ones for £24 posted. and job done!

mums not happy right now though i have my clutch in bits in the living room for picture reference foflfofl

hi friends,,

Get your clutch repaired or replaced by quality local garages at a reasonable price when you request up to 3 quotes from Autobutler.co.uk.