Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

new bike

Okay for those of you who arent on facebook i picked my new bike up yesterday Wink

couple little niggles, like the seat rip and a heel plate missing etc but its a 3k miles 2007 bike, but has sat 2 years so getting a good once over at my mates shop tomorrow as well as new tyres, and mot Smile

is a previous cat D but i got it for a good price so it means im not worried about doing track day on it .

what matt said. is less power than the last bit more light and flick able, so easy to move about.

it went in for some work today, and got a message saying the looms been hacked, but lee has fixed it and neutral light on and all sorted. Smile so not all bad

just need a front lambda sensor as its not reading, but might blank them as its apparently an upgrade.

but get it back tomorrow, ill give it a proper run Smile

lee has also just told me when he plugged it in he took the 2nd and 3rd gear limiters off Smile

should go well now then.

@Davehutch wrote:
lee has also just told me when he plugged it in he took the 2nd and 3rd gear limiters off Smile

should go well now then.

I want one !

lol, i got this for an absolute steal dave to the issues its got are all little niggles that i can wear in the price happily, when its got a couple litle bits that need a tidy over winter but its stuff i notice and joe blogs doesnt but the bike its self is like new engine wise etc for being clean, no rush and so on, just need a lambda sensor for the front pipe, and a new left switch gear and the full beam button sticks and itll be jobs a goodun Smile

They truly are awesome bikes, If i didn't have all the issues with my 950SM i would of kept it. Bags of poke, torque that never seems to fade etc. Now get some cans! thumbs

got it back, felt slow at first, put some fresh fuel in gave it a mile and went like shit of a shovel so i think it was old fuel, handles so well. only down side is i was over taking everything at 12mph lol, think the speedo sensor is playing up. but easy bolt on fix and common on the ktms

Cool Nice Chad thumbs its good to see your starting to calm down in your old age and go for the sensible option Laughing  thumbs.........Unlike Dick who at his age should be getting into old Brit stuff not looning around on big Jap monsters! Wink  wavehide

was gutted mike went to max it and it said 12mph was like dammit,

definatly doesnt have the top end power of the tuono, but the power is more useable, can still pull like a train from 30 in 6th where as tuono would need to be dropped in the gears. it is definatly flickable like a 600 but still has the power where you want it.

did keep hitting the limiter though as doesn't rev for so long lol.

crying out for a quick shifter!

Quick shifter thumbsthumbs get it on your Christmas list Chad..........did I mention the "C" word sorry everyone! snowsnowmansantaxmastreehide

killed the van so between using a works car and scudding the bike at the min,

but once the vans had a new head or engine, ill park this up and sort some little bits Smile

what do you mean at my age Mike LaughingLaughingtongue2

I do like those Enfield woodsman's though thumbs

and that's what I like about the 1250's chad plenty Torque where you need it  and not right up in the rev range thumbs

was gutted mike went to max it and it said 12mph was like dammit,

definatly doesnt have the top end power of the tuono, but the power is more useable, can still pull like a train from 30 in 6th where as tuono would need to be dropped in the gears. it is definatly flickable like a 600 but still has the power where you want it.

did keep hitting the limiter though as doesn't rev for so long lol.

crying out for a quick shifter!

quick shifter just means you will hit the limiter quicker, put a smaller sprocket on the bag to change the gearing slightly.

this has plenty of torque dick, pulls in higher gears well. tuono had more in the statistics, but this kind of handles it better.

and no i like it bouncing up the revs so quick Wink