Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
obalanga

bike shopping

I have been window shopping for a bike bigger bike now for a year (suzy dl 1000). I went to view one in derby a few months ago as it was the cheapest price. Looking around the place the owner struck me as a complete ar*e hole. Didn't have much to go on bedside manner so to speak. As I had not committed my self anyway , I walked away. I remember telling myself on the way home ,' I'd rather pay abit more for a better experience and hopefully after sales service'. I've had another look at bikes again and the bugger is still the cheapest by about a grand. Seems like the ar*e hole will end up with my cash eventually.

Cheaper isnt always better as dave says,

when i got my aprilia cheap, but the bloke was skint, and it was a good honest bike, however the ktm did have some nastys, silly little bits that the potato of a previous owner had done, but i did get it for £2500 cheaper than what they do sell for so i kind of didnt mind wearing the small issues,

when what is it exactly your after as i have contacts in the bike trade? theyve hooked a few mates up with little gems of bikes.

I researched my gsx 1250fa (second hand) for months they were all around the same price but got mine through MCN for a thousand cheaper with really low miles and all the extras I would have bought ( I don't do finance so paid cash) - it was taken in part ex so they were selling it cheap to make room for new stock - also ex demo bikes can be had cheap as well so worth taking your time - mine was from Worthing and im in Cumbria delivery was only £130 thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
I researched my gsx 1250fa (second hand) for months they were all around the same price but got mine through MCN for a thousand cheaper with really low miles and all the extras I would have bought ( I don't do finance so paid cash) - it was taken in part ex so they were selling it cheap to make room for new stock - also ex demo bikes can be had cheap as well so worth taking your time - mine was from Worthing and im in Cumbria delivery was only £130 thumbs

and I still haven't seen it!!! Sad soon hopefully! thumbs

As Dave says cheaper isn't necessarily best, as a rule of thumb down I have found you get what you pay for and a thousand pounds cheaper would suggest an issue somewhere BUT a thousand pounds would probably go a long way towards sorting any trouble but it doesn't sound like you will get any help from the dealer, hope you get sorted though. thumbs

if the seller seems like an arsehole guess what he is an arsehole .keep away and buy from a reputable dealer .at least youve got some comeback if the bikes a ringer or a clone thumbs