Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smilinjack

Rant for the day 2

One of the nice things about my return to self employment has been using the bike to go to jobs on where possible. Some rides are better than others of course, and this week I have so far used the M1, M6, A14 and A1, all likely congestion hotspots. Ergo, I have been able to put my filtering skills to frequent use. As you will all be aware, some people are happy to move across and help you out (I have a VFR with Givi E41 panniers so now & again I need help) while others steadfastly remain where they are and enjoy the somewhat pyrrhic victory of causing a few seconds' delay. Fair enough. But on three occasions this week, a driver has seen me coming, and deliberately moved left to block me off. Again, fair enough. Chacun a son gout and all that. The interesting thing is, all three vehicles were BMW. And all were being driven by a woman. Not the same woman of course  but of all the vehicles on all the motorways I was driving on, only female BMW drivers saw fit to actually try to impede me. As if to round off the point, cruising home on a three lane stretch of the A14 today, I indicated right as I prepared to overtake a car in lane 1, looked in the mirror to see a vehicle in lane 2 going at some speed (90+) Ultimately I had to brake and wait as the driver either didn't see me or decided it was too much bother to nip across to lane 3 and give me some overtaking room. Your homework tonight is: what make of car was involved, and what gender was the driver?
Notwithstanding all that, it is nice to be getting some kind of use from the bike again, and it's not all bad. A couple of weeks ago I was going over Cat & Fiddle in glorious sunshine.  Smile

due to a broken van ive used the bike for the last 2 days

i know what you mean, like tonight i filtered up to the front, and before i could pull away the t**t next to me wheel spun to stop me getting out, then he cut a car up nearly rushed and looked an idiot.

but this morning a woman drove at me, but i failed went to give her mirror a nudge with my armored gloves and ended up hitting it my forearm and feel sorry for myself Laughing

had three ***** in a pickup look behind at me then as i was close ( feet from tail lights ) move right over to block me... good test of the brakes on the domi! guy to the left of him was calling him names and moved over to let me go, Don't know how i keep my cool some times and surprised i haven't hit anything off cars. I just shake my head and carry on.

Well was one time a t**t in a Audi tried to ram me into the central barrier three times on one ride home, his wife was screaming and he continued to try and have me off, probs one of the only times i was scared, angry and wanted to quit riding.

Was following my dad a few weeks back after picking up my bike from being serviced, 4 women pulled out on him in less than a mile, one ass in a BMW tried to force him into the central divider and an audi made sure he couldn't past.

Around here it seems to be anyone driving anything, yet when stuck in traffic and people do more, its mostly women drivers that move out the way and let me pass, even if i can't physically fit through Very Happy