Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bladerunner

ebay tossers

Had my old caravan up for sale on ebay as I'm getting a newer one and I wasn't expecting much for it but when it got up to £420 I thought I was in for some good luck. three seconds before the auction finished someone placed another bid on it for £430 and became the winning bidder. sent hem a message thanking him for his bid and asking when he was going to pick it up and 2 hours later got this reply..

Hello! Could you sens picture with damp area and back of caravan Please?
Is a lockable? Any documents as council certificate please?
Many Thanks

hmmm but you already bought it nows not the time to start asking questions, besides whats a council certificate. so I sent him a message saying i dont understand what he means. this came back

Is a key,lockable?
How big is damp ?
Is a any papers coming with this ,council certificate which say all details about caravan as mass ,dimensions year?
Thanks

figured out he wanted to know if the door locks and how big the damp (which was stated in the listing) is. and still no idea what he means about papers so got this reply

It's document which allow to register caravan overseas

caravans dont need registering

starting to get a bit P****d off now.so next I get a request for the address the caravan is kept at, its kept in a secure caravan storage site.

next he asks me for the cris number ( caravan registration scheme similar to hpi) so I gave him that.

the next one to come the following morning was this

Hello! Caravan age is 1993 not 1996
Cant find any spare wheel arch for it
Could you lower price ?
£300 ?
Many thanks

now I never stated the age in the listing I told him by message that when I bought the caravan I was told it was a 1996 model and as for the wheel arch, it was mentioned in the listing that it was missing with a photograph to show it along with the other side so if anyone was interested they could source one before they bid. but when did being the highest bidder give you the right to start haggling the price down.
After 5 minutes of searching on ebay I found a wheel arch so sent him the link. this came back

Hello! Link wich you send me is not same arch ,found it on my own yesterday
Would you lower price a little bit
Many thanks

getting really hacked off now.

so sent him this

You dont seem to understand the concept of an ebay auction. You have placed a winning bid on my caravan of £430. That is the amount you are willing to pay for it. It does not give you the sole right to haggle the price down. You knew the wheel arch was missing when you placed your bid. You did not know the year of manufacture when you placed your bid. You are attempting to lower the price you pay. That is STRICTLY against ebay rules.

followed shortly after by this

this has gone on far too long. If I do not receive confirmation from you that you are going to pay the full amount you agreed to pay by 9.00am on Friday morning then I will open an unpaid item case against you. I will also report you for inappropriate communications for trying to haggle the price down after you placed a winning bid. This caravan must be collected by dusk on Saturday 7th November along with full payment in cash.

silence!!!

last night my phone pinged and this turned up

Hello! Are you ok for £400 then ?
Thanks

reply was

No. The bid below yours was £420. You have outbid that so you must honour your bid of £430. If you had not placed your bid I would have sold the caravan already.

finally the reply was

Ok
Please send picture with damp plus rear panel of caravan
Thanks

getting to think this guys stalling me now

my reply

No. You have agreed to buy the caravan by placing a winning bid. You have had plenty of time to ask for this before the auction ended.

so there we have it, the idiot wished me good luck with the sale and has waltzed off into the distance with a self satisfied look on his face. to be honest I wouldn't have cared if he had offered me more money, I dont want his money. I was prepared to scrap the caravan if I had to and thats what might happen. Ive sent out a second chance offer to one bidder and contacted another so lets just wait and see what happens.

What a nightmare! Only just started selling in ebay but if this is the hassle that comes with it dont think I'll bother thumb down
Hope the second chance bidder comes good! thumbs
Are you reporting the winning bidder anyway?

I use it as a last resort now. The final 10% fees then paypal takes a fee, then you get a postage fee on top of that ( WTF? ) takes the piss. I sold a light unit and by the time the fees came out, i ended up with less than the starting bid!

I reported him last night and this morning I get a message off him " whats the best time to collect the caravan"

seems like He thought i was bluffing about reporting him. I'm going to make sure I'm not on my own when he comes though.

I reported him last night and this morning I get a message off him " whats the best time to collect the caravan"

seems like He thought i was bluffing about reporting him. I'm going to make sure I'm not on my own when he comes though.
lol hope it goes ok m8

If he doesn't honour the bid get in touch with the other bidder and ask if he still wants it (second chance), that's what I usually do I sold my Ace that way and a few other things - have had a few dodgy bidders but cancel the bids and block them otherwise report them thumbs

What a nightmare! Only just started selling in ebay but if this is the hassle that comes with it dont think I'll bother thumb down
Hope the second chance bidder comes good! thumbs
Are you reporting the winning bidder anyway?

give it a go mike I rarely get hassle and have sold loads - feedback score 1095 and rising Laughing if I need new bike gear/ bike stuff I sell my old stuff to fund it - I might start a shop soon thumbs

And don't forget to post his ebay ID, so we can bid £10,000 on anything they put up for sale... Cool

....And the muppet has just put a bid in on another 'van....

I think we all know that Ebay and tosser go together like ham & eggs. Hope you get sorted mate but it's hardly a surprise is it? I think Ebay's time is coming, they are now better known for grief than easy money for your old crap. Smile

Idiots! its a cheap bloody caravan!

i just bought a remanufactured turbo form london turbos on ebay, it failed within 100 miles, front fins have shredded from heat or speed, wont be debris as second row are perfect, this the made it go out of balance and kill the bearings.

they are saying its my fault so ive not got to go through payal! Sad

well the highest bidder has backed out after a bit of a text message arguement last night (fuelled by half a bottle of southern comfort) he thinks he's done nothing wrong and is just going to get a nasty email from ebay for not paying for an item. So I put it on Gumtree today and within an hour had three people get in touch, one was in Nottingham on his way to Wakefield so said he could call in and look at it. Met him at about 2.00 o 'clock and turns out he buys and sells caravans ( this is not going to go down) he offered me £100 I offered to insert my boot up his arse and we parted ways. got another one coming from York tomorrow at 1.00 but up to now every person that has contacted me bar one has been Polish wtf is it with them how come theyre all into caravans? I got in touch with one of the bidders on ebay ( who is English,the only one) and he says he wants it so is coming to look at it tomorrow morning all being well. we've done a bit of a deal as one of the items he sells on ebay is re maps for diesel cars, it ups mine from 115bhp to 152 bhp. watch this space..

Idiots! its a cheap bloody caravan!

i just bought a remanufactured turbo form london turbos on ebay, it failed within 100 miles, front fins have shredded from heat or speed, wont be debris as second row are perfect, this the made it go out of balance and kill the bearings.

they are saying its my fault so ive not got to go through payal! Sad you did check that it was getting plenty of oil didnt you chad

well the highest bidder has backed out after a bit of a text message arguement last night (fuelled by half a bottle of southern comfort) he thinks he's done nothing wrong and is just going to get a nasty email from ebay for not paying for an item. So I put it on Gumtree today and within an hour had three people get in touch, one was in Nottingham on his way to Wakefield so said he could call in and look at it. Met him at about 2.00 o 'clock and turns out he buys and sells caravans ( this is not going to go down) he offered me £100 I offered to insert my boot up his arse and we parted ways. got another one coming from York tomorrow at 1.00 but up to now every person that has contacted me bar one has been Polish wtf is it with them how come theyre all into caravans? I got in touch with one of the bidders on ebay ( who is English,the only one) and he says he wants it so is coming to look at it tomorrow morning all being well. we've done a bit of a deal as one of the items he sells on ebay is re maps for diesel cars, it ups mine from 115bhp to 152 bhp. watch this space..

good luck m8 thumbs

its at 140bhp at 1.3 bar what is as high as those turbos are safe, i think the original was age 170k etc the new is a shite rebuild one. when i can run 1/5 bar on the new garratt one ive just bought but i might stick to 1.3 so it doesnt wear so quick.