Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madcarper

customer service winge

okay so my home cinema sub woofer has not been working for a while,like since we went away to caravan for a weekend ,pesky kids!! so had a look at it and it had blown the 4amp slow blow fuse inside. as it was sunday went to pc world and curries which are next to each other, don,t sell fuses of any type in either store so I says to the salesman in curries ok so practically everything you sell in here depends on fuses but you don,t sell them. the cheecky fecker say's to me "we sell TV's but we don't sell the programs" part of me felt like dropping the tit there and then, only my sensible side and the wife being there stopped me.
anyway got the fuses from maplin in the town but the sub keeps blowing them as soon as its turned on, looks like a trip to richer sounds for a new one. bugger.

@fr499y wrote:
checked the wiring itself? Very Happy

checked the plug but theres very little wiring inside just printed circuit with loads of complicated stuff stuck to it probably not be viable to repair its only a couple of hundred quids worth.

thanks stan its sods law when you chuck stuff out you always regret it somehow.

is that Richer sounds Newcastle Ian? had a few things from them over the years thumbs

Got all of my stuff from RS a fair few years back and wouldn't use anyone else now Smile

@dick65 wrote:
is that Richer sounds Newcastle Ian? had a few things from them over the years thumbs

yes m8 bought quite a bit of stuff of them sensible prices for some quality gear, my sub should really have been more powerfull to handle my Marantz amp ,it would have been fine if it had not been cranked up to the max. head bang

I tend to stick with active subs over passive for this reason, no need to worry about power requirements.

@fr499y wrote:
I tend to stick with active subs over passive for this reason, no need to worry about power requirements.

it is active or should I say was!!

@madcarper wrote:
@dick65 wrote:

yes m8 bought quite a bit of stuff of them sensible prices for some quality gear, my sub should really have been more powerfull to handle my Marantz amp ,it would have been fine if it had not been cranked up to the max.   head bang

bet your neighbours love you m8 LaughingTwisted Evil