Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

okay back to the bike.

okay considering the an needs bits doing the bike got side lined.

however bought a new wheel today for £170 i couldnt let it go.

so just the charge issue and speedo not reading properly to sort and maybe i will get this bike on the track in the spring party

with either battery not charging or speedo not working where would you guys make a start with checking? the bike had a new stator fitted by a previous owner after the crash so its obvious they missed or made a mistake somewhere.

and speedo is stumping me as ive pout a new sensor on it, put a set of standard disc bolts on and it still ready 12mph when im actually doing about 90. hopeing its not the clocks as cant find any with the low miles the bike has done. but it has had a new set. due to the originals flickering.

Here's a handy guide:

charging fault finding

Or get hold of a workshop manual if you need more specific info.

If it's an electronic speedo, then they have been known to play up with reg/rec issues, so sort the charging out first mate.  Or if it is a dedicated track bike, then just throw the clocks away :-)

yeah see i wonder if they were barking up wrong tree with alternator bits. when it seems to just not charge rather than overcharge but could still be rec i spose.

and it will still be used on the road for now.

okay things slowed due to moving and van being a sh*tbox but bikes out from all the crap, new wheel turned up, and volt meter ready, i shall put your diagram to the test lee. Smile

leeeeeeee! your diagram didnt work lol

does it read above or below 0.2ohm well mine read from 0.19 to 0.22 randomly lol!

vans back! time for it to go to the professional and then see some track days and daves southern rideout party

@Macie_UK wrote:
Here's a handy guide:

charging fault finding

Or get hold of a workshop manual if you need more specific info.

If it's an electronic speedo, then they have been known to play up with reg/rec issues, so sort the charging out first mate.  Or if it is a dedicated track bike, then just throw the clocks away :-)

agree Chad, I would start with the Regulator/Rectifier. Battery, instrument bulbs, rev counter all destroyed on the kawasaki 500 by reg/rec failing and putting 19volts to the battery.

undercharging not over charging bud. i think its earthing issue.

Should have bought a Suzuki! hide  Electrical issues are proper pain Chad hope you get it sorted! confused

undercharging not over charging bud. i think its earthing issue.

Should have bought a Suzuki! hide  Electrical issues are proper pain Chad hope you get it sorted! confused

if not it can go! lol

be shame the motors solid but should be at just under 4k miles lol

Be sure the battery's up to scratch Chad, a weak cell can exhibit similar symptoms to those you're experiencing. Smile

Look at my KTM, nothing but problems even that was low mileage! Not called KTM's for nothing ( Keep Taking Money )

aprilia was like that lol. clutch at 10k but the japs equivalents i find boring when the new jap supernakeds are starting to look awesome but after riding a cb1000r etc. it just didnt do it for me sadly.

and the 950 is known to be bad matt. the facelift 990 isnt so bad