Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smilinjack

Want to sell my ZZR

I've got the bike in decent order but I'm very drawn to the Z1000SX. Nowhere to keep another bike so I have to get rid of one. So, what would you suggest is the best medium to use to sell a high mileage, well used but rock solid bike? It's done 71,000, got a dent in the tank from a swinging gate, needs a chain but new tyres, recent service, will have a full mot. Suggestions please.

advertised my bandit on gumtree sold it in 2 days, just put it on for a sensible price open to offers with some nice pics and it will sell.

@madcarper wrote:
advertised my bandit on gumtree sold it in 2 days, just put it on for a sensible price open to offers with some nice pics and it will sell.

Mate advised the same thing earlier on. I'll give that a go. thumbs

See if I can get £1500 for it. No particular rush to sell, can use it for a while longer, and squeeze a bit more value from it. Smile

Chap arranged to collect it on Saturday through Gumtree, bet you know what didn't happen next!! Fucm, It's just passed another mot, taxed it, I'll get loads more use out of it yet. Might be able to get it round the clock, only goes up to 99,999 Very Happy

ffs theres some arseoles out there. its a great engine and well maintained will rack up the miles no problem m8.

My thoughts exactly. Took the long way round to the test station this morning, and that power! Kinda nice to see it back on the drive TBH, might go to my job in Lincoln on it tomorrow. Been out on my Speedy today, fun bike but that ZZR completely owns it for comfort, obviously. Smile

you have the best of both worlds two totally different bikes. one comfy powerful mile muncher and one hooning tool.

I have been on the lookout for a 1200 motor to drop into my zed haven't found a nice one yet theres a couple advertised on ebay by breakers but strong money.

Just come in from Lincoln, bike went great. Looks like fuel economy is where it should be, will fill up tonight maybe and I will know. I put some fuel treatment in to try & get some of the ethanol gum out of the carbs, seems to be working. And the clonking chain has freed up-sprayed it with brake cleaner and left overnight. Things seem to work out in the end eh? Smilethumbs

Nice one Alan - drop of Redex every other tankfull works a treat thumbs

Well, I got 190 miles out of that tank, it's doing around 48 mpg despite a lot of idling and faffing about, so it's official-back to normal. thumbs

Didn't sell it, thank ****. Done over 1,000 miles on it since the ad, goes so well. Storming thing to use on the motorways. thumbs

nice one Alan I can sense regret if you did sell and with just having her fettled be a shame not to use and enjoy thumbs