Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NanDee

Social Media Project Saves Dozens Of Pups

Before Matt Nelson had millions of online followers and subscribers, he was just a guy who loved dogs; three years later, he has used his love of canine companions to save the lives of dozens of pups.

When Nelson was just a freshman in college, he started a “We Rate Dogs” Twitter account so he could post pictures of cute dogs and rate them on a 10/10 scale.

That being said, Nelson has given every single dog on his channel a 10/10 rating – “because they’re all better than perfect.”

“Dogs have always been a part of my life,” Nelson told GoFundMe. “When I was a bored college freshman and wanted to start a new thing, I knew that most people shared this love of dogs with me, so why not create an account that embraced that?”

Since starting with several thousand followers, his Twitter account has accumulated 8 million subscribers.

Some people might settle for internet fame, but as Nelson became more and more familiar with canine friends, he found an opportunity to use his passion project for good.

Full Story / Pics