Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hind'sfeet

Desperate need for prayer!!

A little back ground: my husband is in the military and is currently deployed. He's in Bagram. We have debt over our eyeballs incl. a house we haven't been able to afford for a few years now and are now living on post at another duty station a few states away but still in the "south" . The bank has been trying for over a year to foreclose on the house but because of certain things they have not been able too. This house is nothing but a BURDEN because it is 2 stories, no central heat and air, lots of problems electrical and maybe even parasitic, a hole in the room and water damage to a bedroom and ceiling and walls even outside the bedroom.
We have bills from that state and I just took care of one that had ended up being sent to a lawyer because we never canceled and didn't pay the bill. God is good and they settled for slightly less than 100 off what they were asking. That was eating at my mind and is now one less thing on my mind that Virginia (the state that we pcsed from) is burdening me with.
On top of that my husband is saying that he might not make it to the board with all his paperwork in time to be promotion eligible which could give us better things that we need... and will have to wait till NEXT YEAR!!! He's been a staff sarg for too long already!! The prob. is that he decided when he became ssg. that he wasn't going to do BNOC (ssg school) because they said (back then) that you don't need it to become ssg. Now they are saying you can't become sarg. first class without it. Well, he's deployed and can't go to BNOC while deployed and can only become sarg 1st class promotable, but he doesn't have his paperwork with him and I can't seem to get it scanned and sent to his mil. email box without getting it sent back to me saying there isn't space for it, that's why he says he might not make it to the board... which needs to happen. NOW he's saying that the huge reinlistment bonus that we were planning on while he is there, might not happen!!!We NEED it to happen!!! It would take care of so many credit cards!!! Not just pay a bill but pay the cards off. And now he says he Thinking of NOT Reinlisting!!! Bye Bye retirement at 40, no worries healthcare, shopping at the commissary, px, and all retirement perks of the mil... I end up in the emergency room quite a bit!!! I've had lot's of expensive MRI's and hospital stays that we cannot do without our healthcare. He is OVER HALF way to retirement!!! Only 6 more years.
He is thinking foolishly and it wouldn't be the first time he's told me he isn't planning on reinlisting!!! I've spoken to several ex servicemen incl. my own grandfather and every single ONE of them REgreted getting out before retirement!!!

The scriptures I heard while reading this are

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27)

AND

“Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for Me? " (Jeremiah 32:27)

Be of good cheer Hindsfeet...the Lord is with you and my prayer is for HIS DIVINE FAVOR in your lives.

Thank you Cholette!!! I've been praying tonight and I love your confirmation!!! Our Father has heard me