Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myladyyawo

Where are you going for Christmas?

Whether you are going to Disney World (lol) or a family members home, tell us about your plans for Christmas, how you celebrate (if you do), and if you don't celebrate Christmas what are your plans for the season?

Every year my large family gets together at my Grandparents home. All together my Grandparents have 5 (all with a spouse) children, 9(3 with spouses) grandchildren, and 4 great grandchildren. We have treats and snacks (mincemeat pie, tarts, shortbread and sugar cookies, sausage rolls, deviled eggs, cheese and crackers, eggnog, mimosas and much more) we sing carols and play pictionary, chat and have fun. On Christmas day we get together in the morning/afternoon and open presents and then have a large Christmas supper. It's the most enjoyable time of year! Since my Grandmother is in her late 70's and my grandfather recently had a stroke, 5 of us are going to cook dishes for dinner to help out. I just hope what I cook doesn't turn out badly, my grandmother is the best cook and baker ever!

I'm staying at home this Christmas. Sad
My family was planning to go to Korea but the tickets are sold out!

I'm going...hmmm..home. Going nowhere.

Unless going to christmas dinner's count =D

I've never had mincemeat pie...what does it taste like?

We just have the traditional turkey and glazed ham with some yam and potatoes. congratulations

Mmmm Mincemeat pie (at least the way my grandmother makes it - traditionally it is supposed to have actual meat in it (gross!) Takes like a really yummy pastry it's hard to describe but it's sweet and has a very slight tangy taste to it... really hard to explain but delicious!

Mangoberri, who all will be at the dinner? Who do you celebrate with? Do you have any family traditions?

Uhm..basically my family and maybe my cousins and close friends. We just cook a MASSIVE feast at home and start eating and my parents drink lots of wine. Ashamed

myladyyawo wrote:
Sorry to hear that Joe! Do you have any plans for celebrating still?

Yes!
My family will have a dinner with our big family, just like Mangoberri. Smile
Just like every year, my brother always drunk after drinking some ( err maybe a lot of) wine Laughing

Last year I had a hard time getting into the spirit, this year is a complete turnaround. The house is already decorated, although we will not be here on Christmas day. My husband and I are driving 600 km to the north of the country to see his parents for the holidays. They live about 20 km from the North Sea coast, and this is one of my favorite areas of Germany.

On Christmas Eve, we open presents and have a large meal consisting of turkey, dressing, boiled potatoes, red cabbage, and homemade cakes and pastries. At eleven at night, we go to the church for a service, and then return back home and sleep. Smile We have two Christmas days, on the 25th and the 26th. What we do on those days varies. One year we were snowbound and spent the entire time inside, while on other times, we bundle up and go to Büsum to walk along the seaside.

Well normally my Christmas is much the same as all of your ..we go usually to my sisters or if its my turn to cook the meal they all come here ...very predictable. Eat and drink too much etc. I was actually considering going away this year just hubby and I ...to get away from it all ...BUT

as you all know I am going to spend Christmas and New Year in Florida with my 2 children and 3 grandchildren ....It will be the first time ever we have all been away together since the children grew up and left home ...and taking the little ones to Disheyworld will be wonderful. So a totally different and new experience for me that will probably spoil family Christmases for ever I think ...nothing will ever compare Laughing

myladyyawo wrote:
Whether you are going to Disney World (lol) or a family members home, tell us about your plans for Christmas, how you celebrate (if you do), and if you don't celebrate Christmas what are your plans for the season? !

Disney world!!....who's going to Disney world???? :snowwink: lmao xx

I'll take a photo for you hun lmao!

i just cant wait to see Tigger, it's been 15 years since my last Tigger hug lol x

lol Lea too funny I really want to hug piglet! Give him a hug for me! Lucky lady! I'm so excited for you guys!