Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cbvirtuous

Hearing God's Voice, Job and Dont Know Where Rent Money Will Come From

Please pray for me to hear God's voice on a particular matter clearly. I am consistently pummeled with anxiety and grieving spirit over this matter. Also, in trying to strengthen my relationship with the Lord, I am seeking an intimate relationship with him again void of distrust that has been an issue for 7 years since the loss of someone in my life. I am trying to die to self so please pray over that as well.

Please pray for my 8 yr old young son and I. I am his sole supporter and right now, a job I had lined up has fallen through. I need rent money for July and August until I return to school. I am praying for a job in which I can either have my son with me, or that will help cover child care costs for him to go to camp or a summer program. Thank you.

I will be praying for you CBVirtous. I'm sorry that you are going through this, but again, I'm happy because you said you were seeking to have an intimate relationship with the Lord and what better way to begin one by running to his open arms and receiving his comfort during this time.

You must know this...God loves you. His plan isn't to make you fail because He sent Jesus so that you wouldn't. I've been without a job since September and have worked off an on with my friend at her salon...which at this point isn't much money at all. The one thing God wanted me to know is that a job is a "means" of provision, but HE is the ultimate SOURCE. If we see our jobs as the source, we have lost our focus of our loving Savior.

This is a season for you to get into his Word like never before so you can be strengthened inwardly and learn to trust the Lord!

We've been through these tough times too, the Lord will provide a way. Bless you. Cholette has shared some precious words with you. The Lord always does seem to bring those in our life for a reason.

I was interested that you said you are "trying to die to self". I know what you mean. We did that for many years but you know what? Even Jesus had to be taken, by the Father, to the cross. We can not take ourselves there, no matter what you have heard or read about this. Jesus asked the Father if there was any other way out. But the Father took him through this, just as Jesus is doing for you. Do you see that your own situation is part of this death? The circumstances in our life, just as Jesus had in his own, are how we experience this death. The flesh thinks way to much of itself to die. It will be a dead end to try to do this. Let the Father take you through. He WILL. It isn't fun or easy, even Jesus showed us this. But as Jesus lived, so do we. Jesus did nothing of Himself. He always turned to the Father. This is our "example". This is my prayer for you. In every circumstance he will take you through.
Blessings to you,
Joy

thank you both for your words,they are comforting to my spirit. God is the SOURCE as Cholette put it and a job is His provision. Yes I agree Nyagali death to self cannot be forced. Apart from the Father we can do nothing as Jesus himself said. It is him that leads us and gives us strength to lay ourselves at the foot of the Cross to be crucified with him if we are willing to go through peaks and valleys. Thanks to you both. If God is for me, who can be against me. He knows the plans he has for us indeed and Cholette, yes, these circumstances have brought me closer to him this week. Thanks again

You know, what I have experienced is that living isn't up to me. God
will take us through, if we are willing or not! Didn't he knock Paul off
the donkey? Was Paul willing or seeking. I guess you could say yes
because he sure was passionate FOR God. But he had no clue of the truth.
He thought it was through the law. I'm not meaning to pick on you my
dear, it is just that what I have found is that God doesn't give US
strength. That would still mean we are separated from Christ. What the
truth is, is that HE IS THE STRENGTH. We have
none. He doesn't give it to us, it is HIM. It is ALL Jesus. Just focus
on HIM, not on his gifts and what he gives. Just Jesus, and all will be
well no matter what comes to your life. This is the truth Paul came to
through his struggles and my prayer for you.
Blessings,
Joy

Thanks Cholette. Joy, I think we are saying the same thing in Him being our strength, just semantics. I know it is all in love and you are not picking on me:) I dont want to be misunderstood. I am not saying He is not our strength at all, I suppose it went without saying for me. There are scriptures on Him being our strength. But I cannot concur with your statement about He does not give us strength. You said, "God doesn't give US strength. That would still mean we are separated from Christ....He doesn't give it to us..." That would oppose scripture. The Word says:

(Isaiah 40:29) 29 He GIVES power to the weak. He increases the strength of him who has no might.

(Psalms 18:32-33) 32 the God who ARMS me with strength...

(Psamlm 68:35) ...the God of Israel Himself GIVES strength and fullness of might to His people...

(I Corinthians 15:57) 57 But thanks be to God, who GIVES us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

The willingness I speak of is the willingness to trust Him through the valleys and peaks. He tells us "submit yourselves to God". There has to be a willingness. Paul was chosen at his appointed time bc of Gods sovereign will of his calling. His will was to murder Christians and at the moment his time came, his will was irrelevant. But after, desired or willed to die and live in faith obediently to Christ, not by the law like you were saying, otherwise we may not have the book of Romans. Saul did not trust, his willingness played heavily into the outcome for him. He willed not to die to self at times in God through peaks and stepped out hastily on his own and lost things and missed out on things as a result of a hardened heart toward trusting God and not being willing to go 'through', as you said, those valleys and the truth he did not know on the other side. So in that way, I believe our willingness does matter, because He will take us through but we can end up on a troubled path, according to our willingness sometimes or with extra unnecessary woe and worry. He tried to do things on his own and he lost his entire kingdom. If Iam not intentionally willing to surrender my life at times in death to self, then I think I am separating myself in those moments from Christ and rejecting His strength and the strength He gives.

I believe He will give us grace and deliverance by His spirit in our attempts to live in ourselves until we run out of ourselves and are willing to die in Him. Paul desired to do the will of our Father after he was chosen. Iam given strength by Him, because He strengthens us and as He is my strength, I am given strength, rest, victory etc. but I think he does ask certain things of us too in which our willingness does matter.

Psalm 51:17 My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit...

Colossians 3:5 Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature

(John 15:7) 7 IF you remain in me, and my words remain in you, you will ask whatever you desire, and it will be done for you.

(Ephesians 6:10) 10 Finally, BE strong in the Lord...

I agree with you trying in our own effort is futile, and thank you for that, I realized I said trying which revealed something to my own heart and it also reveals sometimes deep down we dont want to die and when we dont want to, in our flesh, we 'try' to die!!! It wont work as you said:)

Wow - CBVirtuous -

Those are excellent points, too. All are great points based on scripture and I just wanted to tell you that I'm in a similiar boat as you and feel like the plug was pulled and am sinking, too - and reading what you both have written has helped me with my perspective, too. I've been wondering lately where God is and why I don't feel His presence - and where my responsibility lies in all this - faith, holding tight, fasting and praying for answers, etc. And why I am not getting a response - or am I only waiting for the response I want to get, etc.

As this time goes on, all waters get a little muddier and more difficult to travel through, and more confusing for me where faith fits into all this.

Just reading about both of your knowledge and steadfast faith is amazing and encouraging me - so I just wanted to say thank you for sharing, and all I have is prayer right now - and you have mine.

I wish you peace and answers - God bless.

CBVirtuous, I believe both you and Joy ARE saying the same thing, but what Joy is saying is that because Christ is in each of us and HE IS strength, he doesn't have to give it to us ANYMORE. When you think of someone giving you something, it's coming from one place to another. She is saying that because he lives inside of you, you are ALREADY strengthend...it's our mind...and the things that the devil "says" that causes us to feel weak. Jesus IS OUR STRENGTH and that is why the Bible says "greater is HE that is in YOU than HE that is in the world".

So yes, it's the same thing, but under grace, it's no longer GIVEN...it's in us already, just like peace, prosperity, joy, love, etc. It's not outside of us, it's in us because JESUS is in us.

That's all!! I hope I didn't put words in your mouth Joy...