Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrswilliams

Fear- Is this Normal

Hi Everyone,

God Bless you all for taking the time to read and respond;)

As of Late...I've been having this intense hunger to understand Dream Interpretation and Prophecy and End Time Studies. I've been reading the Bible more and just feeling that God has called me for a reason. My dreams have picked up alot and I've been studying and asking God to help me understand them but, I have this Fear of the Lord. It's not that I'm afraid of him but, I'm afraid of his power but, I desire a close intimate relationship with him. When I'm reading the word and studying I'm at peace but, the moment I put it down I have this fear. Does this make sense? Better yet is this normal?

Hi LisaWilliams...

The scripture that comes to mind is:

There is no fear in love [dread does not exist], but full-grown (complete, perfect) love turns fear out of doors and expels every trace of terror! For fear brings with it the thought of punishment, and [so] he who is afraid has not reached the full maturity of love [is not yet grown into love's complete perfection]. (1 John 4:18 - AMP)

The fear you are experiencing is not of God and it's the enemy's way of trying to keep you out of the presence of God. You must really be tapping into something during this time of seeking the Lord's face. The power of God is nothing to fear...in the sense of terror. We should "fear" it in the sense of reverence. His power is FOR US...not against us.

I would suggest that you do a study on God's love. You can start in 1 John 4. It gives a great depiction of how much He loves us. I know you said you are not afraid of God himself, but after you spend time you seem to be afraid of his power. Does this mean you are afraid of what he might do to you? Or does his power intimidate you?

laugh That's the scripture that came to my head as I was typing this question to everyone as well. Yes I'm intimidated by his power and I'm starting to fully understand what "The Living God really means" The more I understand the more his power intimidate me. His power intimidates me so much that I fear failing him.

Thanks Cholette for responding:)

You are welcome...

One more thing...you can't fail him because He sees you the same as he sees Jesus. Your mistakes, your flaws and sins are no longer seen. That's what makes salvation so incredible. That power that intimidate you is actually inside of you...