Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daisy

Stike a balance???

I have been struggling in a certain area of my life for the past few years...I feel like the Lord is wanting me to break free from being 'performance based' with him and with how I handle others in my life. It hard for me to strike a balance between having good boundaries, and yet not being too rigid. It seems to be all or nothing with me. I either let down my guard and then it seems people walk all over me...or I go to the extreme and put up such firm boundaries that its abrasive. I seem to bounce between these two extremes. I seem to either expect too much of others...or I dont expect much of anything at all. I know the Lord doesn't want us to be critical of others or ourselves. I just seem to have expectations at times of myself or others that are not attainable. Please pray for me and if you have any encouraging words or prophetic words...I would greatly appreciate it....

Daisy, have you heard of righteous anger? It's ok to become angry when we are defending what's righteous. God defends righteousness in His anger, and Jesus did too when he overturned the money changer's tables in the temple. He drove them out with a whip!!! LOL!!! Oh boy he was mad!! When you're standing up for the right thing, anger becomes annointed. like Rosa Parks!!! OOH girl I'm getting goosebumps!! Or Elijah when he got mad at all those false prophets and slew them on a rock.. (I think he did that..that sounds aweful...but you get the point right?) Anyway in the end he saw the downfall of Jezebel...when before that he was afraid of her and ran, asking the Lord to take his life.... Anger, the way it's meant to be used (along with self control), avenges righteousness.

daphanie02 wrote:
Daisy, have you heard of righteous anger? It's ok to become angry when we are defending what's righteous. God defends righteousness in His anger, and Jesus did too when he overturned the money changer's tables in the temple. He drove them out with a whip!!! LOL!!! Oh boy he was mad!! When you're standing up for the right thing, anger becomes annointed. like Rosa Parks!!! OOH girl I'm getting goosebumps!! Or Elijah when he got mad at all those false prophets and slew them on a rock.. (I think he did that..that sounds aweful...but you get the point right?) Anyway in the end he saw the downfall of Jezebel...when before that he was afraid of her and ran, asking the Lord to take his life.... Anger, the way it's meant to be used (along with self control), avenges righteousness.
I LOVE this!!! Thank you for sharing! I sometimes forget this...I got the goosebumps too when reading this!!! I love that anger was meant to be used to avenge righteousness...along with self-control! I will meditate on this and get it deep in my heart! What a powerful truth! happy dance