Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Freeprincess

Prayer for my son & I regarding dream & manifestation

Hi,
Early last week my son had a dream that he and I were going to get into an "altercation" with some people who ripped us off. We first successfully got the "money" back from them that they took from us. But we were driving and as we turned the corner the people came around from nowhere and I was shot and died. My son said it was a very vivid dream as though it was real and he was really shaken by it. I thought maybe it was just a dream that the Holy Spirit was pointing out a heart change but not anything outwardly. Or I thought it was going to be at the place where we were moving. However, part of the dream manifested already. My husband's brother offered to fix my son's car for free if he bought the parts. However, more parts were needed and now he has said he needs to be paid for it. But he had offered to do it for free and now this puts my son in a precarious position. He never did any talking with his uncle, my husband did. He was trusting my husband (his dad) when he said his uncle was willing to do the labor for free. My husband & I have been in countless situations like this with me, my husband and someone else...where my husband would be the one who talks with the other person, but then somehow I get hurt in it exactly the way my son is being hurt in this position. He never agreed to pay for the labor and now his car is there with already some work done on it. My son feels that his uncle said he would do it for free and feels that he should do it. He simply does not have the money to pay for the labor. However this is where the dream begins to manifest: my husband, me and my son got into an argument tonight about it. I was angry because my husband has done this to me with other people all our married lives and now he is doing it to my son. That is that he didn't want to stick up for our son to his brother about sticking to his word about fixing the car for free, but instead he wanted to pay him out of money none of us have. (His brother owns 5 acres of land with a log cabin and is fixing to retire in a few years and he will only be around 60 when he does. He's had so much more than my husband or us ever had.) My beef with my husband is that he would rather compromise with the people even if it hurts me or in this case my son. I was pretty angry and so was my son. We NEED prayer that this will all work out peacefully and that no one will get hurt. I am going to post the entirity of my sons dream on the dream interpretation forum.
Please pray for this...thanks..

praying I could be wrong freeprincess, but I feel that the issue here with your husband could be his fears of either rejection or not pleasing the others around him. Its easy to be comfortable in our intimate homes, finding security that our spouse will always love us...but its a little harder to stand up to others if there is a root of rejection/fear in our lives. This doesn't by any means excuse his behavior, and it doesn't make your feelings at all invalid. I am a people pleaser by nature, and have struggled with the root of rejection in my own life. Since I am secure in my relationship with my husband, I dont have a hard time standing up to or confronting him. Its a totally different story though when it comes to me confronting others in my life. God is def working on me. I could be totally off or wrong in my perception here, and my personal experience could taint my vision here. If I am perceiving things right though, then this is what my prayer to the father will be for your husband...that God would help and deliver him from the root of the fear of rejection (not pleasing people), and would be strengthened by the Lord to do the right thing in this situation. I am also praying no matter what for the Lords provision for you!!! Please keep me updated on how things turn out. Please know these are just my thoughts....Bless You praying

Hi Daisy,
After a few more conversations & my son drawing the line, my husband admitted it was his faulty communication style that created the issue...that perhaps he didn't communicate with his brother enough, etc. the only problem is that this is his pattern...he will only confess & do what's right when enough...key word "enough"...pressure is applied. I say "enough" because it takes so much energy to get him to see it. I don't even think he doesn't see it anymore. I think he just finally succumbs when he sees that nothing else will work...otherwise he keeps on doing the same thing. I know, I've lived with him and put up with it and suffered from it for over 27 years. The good news is my son took heed to his dream and decided it meant not to be angry or try to evenge, or revenge on it. He decided not to take anything personal his uncle said & to just to be at peace. He did agree he would pay $100 extra when he was able to in the future. I also decided not to engage in anything and even withdrew myself from the topic of conversation with my husband as much as I could. Thank you so much for your prayers. I believe they were effective in this situation.

I would also like to add that you don't always have to say anything to your husband and exert any energy to see things your way...even if you are right. Allow God to change his heart. If he's forced to change the way he's doing things because of how much pressure is applied and then goes back to his way of thinking in another situation, then that's not change. If you pray and not say anything...unless God gives you something to say...then God will have an opportunity to not only change the situation, but change his entire heart. God's ways are never temporal, but they are eternal. The prayer is for enternal change, not temporary case by case change.

I believe the fact that you were shot in the dream represents the wound that is afflicted on you in this situation. There is something in YOU that is dying...possibly trust in your husbands ability to handle a situation decently and in order. I don't believe the dream was literal, but more spiritual or emotional.

Anyway, I will be praying for all that are involved because each of you are being affected in more ways than you know. God is a deliverer...

Praying for you...

When you are continually in the line of fire...which is the way I feel with relationships we are together in...then it becomes exhausting afterwhile. I don't feel I have the energy anymore and I don't feel like I want that job anymore. I also feel like in order for me to live I need to get away from him. I feel like if I stayed I would die.