Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chimere

How to Overcome Discouragement (When People and Odds are Against You)

God bless everybody. I miss each an every one of you. Boy, the devil has been under attack with me lately, but God is still God and He sits on the Throne! Amen! I didn't know where to post this but I wanted to share the news with you all because the ebook I wrote fits under this section. It's called How to Overcome Discouragement (When People and Odds are Against You). It's on sale for $.99 now, but on MAY 1st is FREE DAY where you can download on Amazon for FREE! I know times are hard, so if you want to wait tomorrow to get a free copy of the book, then by all means you have my blessing. I'm more about offering what God poured into me to encourage you and bless you spiritually. But I will post an excerpt so you all can get a feel of it :). Other FREE DAYS: May 3rd-May 6th. If you missed your chance yesterday, you can get my ebook for free for these next four days. :)

Synopsis: Have you ever been discouraged? Are you fed up with feeling this way? If so, then this book is for you! You will learn what causes discouragement, where discouragement comes from, and who are the people that cause you to feel discouraged. Also, you will learn about Breaking The Cycle (Process of Elimination) and other steps with wonderful insight to keep you aware of people who are for you and who are against you, in spite of the odds that you face through life. Let's face it. Everyone has odds set against them, but the people in your circle makes all the difference in your world. And ask God for guidance to help you overcome discouragement and to eliminate discouraging or hindering sources who doesn't want to see you succeed. Be encouraged, precious heart!

Excerpt:

Breaking the Cycle (Process of Elimination)

I’m ecstatic that you’re hanging on your journey to success. There’s so much I want to explore in this chapter because I want you to understand that sometimes you have to separate yourself from people who don’t want to see you prosper. I know this is a hard pill to swallow, but you have to, so you are spiritually safe. We have the power to speak life or death over our situations. I’m learning this daily. And I won’t lie to you; it’s not always easy to crush the strongholds in your life and declare victory. Renewing the mind takes work and progress. In order to progress to the next phase in your life, you have to go through the process (smile).

I know this is hard for you, but there comes a time in your life where you have to cut people loose especially when they are constantly oppressing you. It’s a given that no one is perfect. If we were perfect then we would be in Heaven right now. We’re all WIP (Work in Progress). However, you have to weigh the pros and the cons about certain people in your life. You must ask yourself. How does this person make me feel when he/she is in my presence? Do I feel happy or do I hate to see them coming? Or you can make a list to see if their negative comments about you outweigh the positive. Then, if you find that their negativity is overriding the positive, you know what you have to do. You need to reconsider why they shouldn’t be in your life.

You must strive to build a better you. You know how when it’s time to clean your house? The same rule applies to your spiritual house. What we feed our spirits can be beneficial or destructive for us. Run away from people who will constantly discourage you—otherwise you will find yourself aborting your dreams! And you certainly don’t want to die spiritually for not seeing God’s plan unfold in your life.

Sometimes the process of elimination can hurt and it’s a lonely place to be in. Think of it this way. Instead of saying I have no one. You have to tell yourself, “God is with me and He won’t let me fall.” When you get into isolation (only for a short period of time, for it is not good for anyone to be alone. See Genesis 1:18). Pray for God’s courage and strength to help you through discouragement.

You must remember, my friend, we need to break the cycle. We can’t keep repeating the same situation, if there are people who will only hinder us and not help us to progress. We must step away from negative comments that will cripple us emotionally. Like I’ve said, some people can overcome this discouragement hurdle easily and good for you! But to you who are struggling, I’m here, through God’s guidance, to help the shackles come off you. You no longer have to possess the chains of bondage, which are choking you. You can be in liberty today and take on a new perspective for your life.

And if you’re not able to avoid the people in your life physically, you can keep your words few around them and act civil (if you can help it).

Here’s how you can start the process of elimination. Confess to God about your struggles. You must pray—and I mean pray wholeheartedly! He understands, He knows, and He truly cares about you. Then ask God for guidance. Let Him show you how to rebuild your self-esteem. And how do you build your self-esteem? Reading His Word with scriptures that speak life into your soul. Here are some scriptures you can encourage yourself with by placing them on a wall where you can seem them or use index cards.

When you do have these scriptures before you, make them personal to you by saying I and me (to some scriptures may apply):

“Finally brethren (sisters), whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just. Whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of a good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:8 (K.J.V.)

“I can do all things through Christ which strengthenth me.” Philippians 4:13 (K.J.V)
“Nay, in all things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.” Romans 8:37 (K.J.V.)

“Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he (Jesus) that is in you, than he (Satan) that is in the world.” 1 John 4:4 (K.J.V.)

“And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distress for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then I am strong.” 2 Corinthians 12:9,10 (K.J.V.)

“What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?” Romans 8:31 (K.J.V.)

“But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31 (K.J.V.)

“Thou will keep him (her) in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he (she) trusteth in thee.” Isaiah 26:3 (K.J.V.)

“Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.” Joshua 1:9 (K.J.V.)

“I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.” John 14:18 (K.J.V.)
These scriptures are a few examples you can nurture your soul with.

Also, you must have an open heart and mind because God wants to give you His very best. And ask God to send you the right people; people after His own heart to get you right where you need to be. Having supportive people in your corner can also help you move further into your destiny. Be willing to assist someone else if your time hasn’t come yet. You’ll be surprised how God will work out your situation in your favor. I’ll never forget before I moved into my apartment in 2008. Everything was going haywire for me. My neighbor was acting up on me, my landlord was on my back of finding a place soon, and well, my voucher was about to expire.

It took me about nine months to move into my apartment. You see, I have found my place in February. But the housing assistant didn’t like me and she decided to play “God” in my life. Once the city said that I was eligible for section 8. She was supposed to help make my transition easy—not difficult! In the mean time, when I was going through that unnecessary drama. I wanted to help out two neighbors; they’re a few years younger than me. The first girl, “Stacy,” she lived on the opposite side of the SRO (Single Room Occupancy for women), on the second floor. She was out of a job and she had no money for food. She was in a low point of her life. So, to take my mind off my chaotic situation, I helped her out, giving her money so she would find a job. She would use it for the Metro card to search for a job daily. I would encourage her to not give up and keep the faith.

Sure enough, I came home from work and “Stacy” told me she got a job and I was excited for her. And she was grateful that I helped her out and not looking down on her. I was relieved that I wasn’t self-absorbed in my own situation that I couldn’t see that she needed assistance. It doesn’t cost a dime to help someone in need, we have to look at it as an opportunity for God to use us for His glory and get our blessings!

The second girl, “Nola,” she lived next door to me. I knew something was wrong with her when I heard music playing in her room. I knocked on her door and asked her what was wrong. “Nola” told me she had lost her job as well. So, I saw it as another opportunity to assist her, since I kept having complications with my apartment. I was beginning to question God, what was taking so long for me to get my place. I also encouraged “Nola” and one day, she knocked on my door and told me that she was hired. She thanked me for caring. I didn’t think anything of it because truthfully, if I were in her situation, I would want help.

Sometimes when we get too wrapped up in self, we miss out on our blessings by mistreating strangers or someone we know. When you take your mind off your predicament and focus to do a positive thing in another person’s life, your perspective starts to change. You don’t look at the glass half-emptied anymore because you’re bringing purpose into your life. In this dying, cruel world, we need to spread more love. Recession has hit a lot of people hard and it’s time for us, as a human race, to start getting back to humanity. Start living in spite of the circumstances that is set against us. Keep this in mind; there is always someone far worse off than you!

I didn’t care about those girls not paying me back; that’s not what it was about with me. I wanted to be a better me. I wanted to please God so His hand would always stay constant in my life. I don’t know what I would do if God isn’t in my life. Around October 7th 2008, I moved in my apartment and been living here since. This place is mine because God promised me back in mid 2004 that there was a section 8 apartment waiting for me. If I had listened to the social workers in the shelter, I would have missed out on my blessing!

Another important factor, ask God to show you His will for your life. Whether it is a gift, calling, ministry or whatever it might be. God will open the door for you. Just trust Him and follow through His plan for your life!

Copyright ©️ by Chimere McKether. All Rights Reserved.

Here is the link:
How to Overcome Discouragement (When People and Odds are Against You)

May He bless each and every one of you real good. Have a blessed evening! :)