Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Frannie

2010 Chat - January (part 4)

Frannie wrote:
does your Mother cook a hot lunch every day?

Yes, except on Friday and Saturday, then it's either take out or sandwiches, or something that's done real quick

and she cooks dinner beside??? that's a lot of cleaning up. I could cook all day long.. but I hate the clean up

No, we only eat one hot meal a day, so it varies, sometimes it's a hot lunch or sometimes hot dinner, that depends. Now that I'm home, it's easier to make ourselves a hot lunch and eat sandwiches in the evening, but when it's school and I have to stay there during noon, we eat something hot in the evening

ahhh ok... here we eat our hot meal usually in the evening... except on Sundays. Well most people anyway

Frannie, you'll never guess.. I just caught an amberstone thingy with a banana from the food store!
If it were giftable, I'd send you one!

Frannie wrote:
ahhh ok... here we eat our hot meal usually in the evening... except on Sundays. Well most people anyway

for as long as I remember, we ate our hot meal also at noon on Sunday, the rest of the days it was in the evening, when both of my parents went out working. But now they're both home, so it is quite relaxing for them I think, to don't have to make a hot meal in the evening

still no teddy fish.. but at least I'm not losing the bait.. well looks like I have something to work on today

Toulouse wrote:
Frannie, you'll never guess.. I just caught an amberstone thingy with a banana from the food store!
If it were giftable, I'd send you one!

isn't that odd... after discussing it! thanks for the thought of gifting it.. it's as good as getting the gift

lol, the fishing is fun once you get the hang of it and stop getting junk the entire time (or when you have 5 fish of one kind, you have to throw it back, what a waste).

I wish we could gift these sea things, would be more fun too!

wonder why the fish can't be gifted?? they let us gift the cooked food

yeah, I wonder about that one too, maybe someday they'll realize it and change it. it would be more fun and you could trade too, like with the eggs, if you're missing an item and have lots of another item that someone is looking for

just realised I need to get addresses ready to send postcards, so am doing that at the moment, otherwise I'll forget

well I made it, and wasnt going around crying like yesterday, so i say success!!!

just cooked some leftovers. sausage patties and pancakes. simple, easy, i dont care b-fast. : D

brb... man I am so addicted.. have to work on this soon.. not today though

Mmmmm Cracker Barrel.... I like the country fried steak there. so good!!

Lol, I wish I knew what you guys were talking about, but it sounds good (I'm hungry, so I would eat anything)

oh yeah.. love the chicken fried steak.. but with brown gravy.. not that white nasty stuff

Morning - no tune today, head's throbbing a bit, so keeping quiet as I can (apart from the banging and clattering up in the bathroom!)

How's everyone?

Kijo I need to send you a RSVP! Smile

Hi Zoonie, sorry about your throbbing head!
I'm okay, think I'm improving a bit with the wisdom teeth thing (hopefully!)

Country fried steak is beef... like chuck or something? that is battered like fried chicken, then fried in a pan with a bit of oil, so it has this crispy crunchy crust on it that is sooooooooooo good! usually served with white gravy on top (I prefer the white gravy, dont like brown gravy)

For BG.. Cracker barrel is a chain of restaurants.. mostly in the eastern 2/3 of the US... delicious home style food

how much ya wanna bet that I wind up at a Cracker Barrel today? It's my day to select the restaurant!

inu-kijo wrote:
Morning Zoon, so i take it you got your mail. : D

I can't reply to anything else, or think of food - am shopping for a hat! Laughing

We don't have any such thing as steak in batter here, sounds odd to me, nor, as you know, white gravy, gravy is always brown here, or if it's white, it's a sauce (savoury, such as cheese, onion, bechamel...that kind of thing...oh and fresh parsley sauce that you can have with white fish, salmon or ham)
[/cookery lesson from the UK]

Glad the tooth isn't any worse BG

Lol you guys
have to admit, have been looking at locations now, where to find a cracker barrel... nothing much to find in California, or I might be blind offcourse... thought that if I'd be staying there for 3 weeks, we could give it a try

a real life hat or a PS hat?

Have you seen a spoiler this week yet Gill?

Toulouse wrote:
Lol you guys
have to admit, have been looking at locations now, where to find a cracker barrel... nothing much to find in California, or I might be blind offcourse... thought that if I'd be staying there for 3 weeks, we could give it a try

I don't think they are in California... but you could stop over in Ohio and I'll take you!? Certainly you have a lay over somewhere

Zoonie wrote:
inu-kijo wrote:
Morning Zoon, so i take it you got your mail. : D

I can't reply to anything else, or think of food - am shopping for a hat! Laughing

We don't have any such thing as steak in batter here, sounds odd to me, nor, as you know, white gravy, gravy is always brown here, or if it's white, it's a sauce (savoury, such as cheese, onion, bechamel...that kind of thing...oh and fresh parsley sauce that you can have with white fish, salmon or ham)
[/cookery lesson from the UK]

Glad the tooth isn't any worse BG

8)

same with the gravies/sauces over here! Gravy is always brown over here and white sauce is mostly bechamel or cheese

Yeah I'm glad, because it was hard for me to concentrate, with that throbbing ache the entire time, still feel like my jaw is twice the size

Frannie wrote:
I don't think they are in California... but you could stop over in Ohio and I'll take you!? Certainly you have a lay over somewhere

Well, for the departure we make a stop in New York and when we come back, we make a stop in Chicago, but I think we'll be spending most of our times in California
First plans we had was that road thing I was talking about and I eventually got my sister so far to make a stop somewhere in Savannah... But all that road trip stuff was a bit too expensive. We'll be doing that when we have a job and earn money congratulations

@Frannie, a suitable hat for an important event next week (look around the thread *whistles*)

Cracker Barrel is the brand name of a pre-packaged Cheddar cheese in the UK congratulations

Hard to say how the bathroom's looking really, it's fully boarded out now and the box work for the pipes is done, it's marked up for the fixtures and cabinets, and the first fix electrical is done. Plasterers come on Monday. It's probably at least another week, and while he can't work on it, he'll be doing a bit of work in the Utility Room and starting to strip out the downstairs cloakroom.

I think the work will go most part through a third week - and that's without redecoration.

We have cracker barrel cheese here as well.. made by Kraft, I believe.

I didn;t get an invitation... but I'm supposing it's for a wedding... the 26th I believe?

Good morning everyone just read back a bit and now i'm starving!! Blueberry pancakes are my absolute favourite and the steak looks so good! American food is yummy, BG you'll love it there. So much choice.

Sorry your head is thumping Gill, you said it was coming on last night quiet, gentle (((((hugs))))).

And what's this I hear? Are the invitations out already for the big day?

invitations havent officially been sent yey dear, you have not been forgotten!!! : D

and I know of Cracker barrel Cheese.

Couldnt imagine California having a Cracker Barrel..... its more of a southern place to eat.

Frannie wrote:

I didn;t get an invitation... but I'm supposing it's for a wedding... the 26th I believe?

I didnt' get an invitation YET either Frannie so I'm guessing it'll be a quiet affair LOL

Frannie wrote:

Aaah it wasn't an invitation TO the wedding, not as such

Don't mention Kraft to me Frannie, quite a furore here over the Cadbury take over.
Can you imagine a Kraft Creme Egg? ugh!

DawnyDawn wrote:
Good morning everyone just read back a bit and now i'm starving!! Blueberry pancakes are my absolute favourite and the steak looks so good! American food is yummy, BG you'll love it there. So much choice.

Sorry your head is thumping Gill, you said it was coming on last night quiet, gentle (((((hugs))))).

And what's this I hear? Are the invitations out already for the big day?

I'm hungry now too Dawn but don't fancy anything - yes, started to come on last night, I didn't do more than 10 PS visits as I couldn't stare at the screen!

How are you? and how's Bob doing?

I know CB is as far West As Utah.. and as far North as WI... and Dawn.. they have the BEST blueberry pancakes of anywhere I have ever tried.. and I have tried many.. They also have REAl maple syrup (shh Gill - look away)

Cadbury Creme Eggs... personally not for me.. Daughter loves them though