Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Frannie

2010 Chat - January (part 4)

okay, I really need to get some food in me, you guys are making it harder for me to resist... especially those blueberry pancakes *drool*
need to find a recipe and make some myself one day!

wondering what to eat...
see you in a bit!

Thanks for asking Gill, Blob (te he) and I are both very well...SW is having a positive effect on our weight and health xx

Cadbury's chocolate is Bob's absolute favourite and we both love Cream Eggs but I know my cousins specifically ask us NOT to bring any when we come over to the USA. They love Cadbury chocolate but not the Eggs.

I dont care for the cadbury eggs either, but now they have the caramel filled ones, I cam tolerate them once in a blue moon. however, anytime i eat Cadbury chocolate, my tongue breaks out.

My grandma is a diabetic, and she is allergic to chocolate (which sucks cause she LOVES it) so once a year she is allowed a cadbury egg. sometimes I let her have the center of my resee cup as well. : D
But only if she has been good!!!

Frannie wrote:
I know CB is as far West As Utah.. and as far North as WI... and Dawn.. they have the BEST blueberry pancakes of anywhere I have ever tried.. and I have tried many.. They also have REAl maple syrup (shh Gill - look away)

I'm guessing as they're in Ohio they must be in Pittsburgh? We didn't make it there but we went to the Cheesecake Factory (is that correct) and OMG the cheesecake is to die for! My cousin made us blueberry pancakes one day and we had sausage and maple syrup (real) all together on one plate. I have to say although it's a bit alien to me it was all very delicious.

I came back from that 10 day holiday a stone (14 pounds) heavier...so you see I love the way Americans eat Laughing

hey Kijo... did you ever get that sewing machine? How are you doing with it?

inu-kijo wrote:
I dont care for the cadbury eggs either, but now they have the caramel filled ones, I cam tolerate them once in a blue moon. however, anytime i eat Cadbury chocolate, my tongue breaks out.

My grandma is a diabetic, and she is allergic to chocolate (which sucks cause she LOVES it) so once a year she is allowed a cadbury egg. sometimes I let her have the center of my resee cup as well. : D
But only if she has been good!!!

Resee cup? Is that the one with peanut fondant inside? We have those now and they're so yummy

Frannie wrote:
Cadbury Creme Eggs... personally not for me.. Daughter loves them though

I hate them, don't know how anyone can eat them, but then I'm not a chocolate lover, if I had to give it up for ever I wouldn't turn a hair.

I have a savoury tooth and only have sweet things once in a while.

If I do have chocolate, I have the real thing, very dark and bitter, the sort you just let melt slowly in your mouth - and I can have just one little square and then not think about it again for months
8)

I wonder what's planned for the wedding breakfast????

Toulouse wrote:
okay, I really need to get some food in me, you guys are making it harder for me to resist... especially those blueberry pancakes *drool*

wondering what to eat...
see you in a bit!

Awww I missed you sweetie, have a nice lunch and you could just use normal pancake mixture and add the blueberry's once the batter is in the pan...I haven't tried it myself but that's how my cousin made them yummy!

Ugh.... well i did get it.... but it was involved in a bad accident and was broken before i even got to use it!!! : C
So, not coming very far with it.....
Although, did you see Tanya got me a new ugly doll? His name is Ox and he is SOOOO adorable!!

Reese... i guess it can be called fondant....

like those. : D

i dont care for peanut butter, but its not too bad like that!!

Zoonie wrote:
Frannie wrote:
Cadbury Creme Eggs... personally not for me.. Daughter loves them though

I hate them, don't know how anyone can eat them, but then I'm not a chocolate lover, if I had to give it up for ever I wouldn't turn a hair.

I have a savoury tooth and only have sweet things once in a while.

If I do have chocolate, I have the real thing, very dark and bitter, the sort you just let melt slowly in your mouth - and I can have just one little square and then not think about it again for months
8)

I wonder what's planned for the wedding breakfast????

Gill you really are an angel then....careful your halo might slip! Laughing

Bob sucks chocolate too and it infuriates me cos he's still got his and mines been gone hours!

inu-kijo wrote:
Ugh.... well i did get it.... but it was involved in a bad accident and was broken before i even got to use it!!! : C
So, not coming very far with it.....
Although, did you see Tanya got me a new ugly doll? His name is Ox and he is SOOOO adorable!!

Reese... i guess it can be called fondant....

like those. : D

i dont care for peanut butter, but its not too bad like that!!

Those are they, I don't care for peanut butter much either but I love those and I also like peanut butter and jelly on toast (another hangover from the states) our friends think I'm loopy when I eat that for breakfast! But only for a treat.

I let mine melt all slow in my mouth too. dont really care for chomping it up so quickly.

been getting used to not having any chocolate lately. I can just deal with getting a litte box on a certain week of the month and be content.

I odnt like PB&J..... but I dont like Jelly much either. hehehe.

also dont like syrup on my pancakes or waffles. (its just too sweet)

DawnyDawn wrote:

Gill you really are an angel then....careful your halo might slip! Laughing

Bob sucks chocolate too and it infuriates me cos he's still got his and mines been gone hours!

Not at all, I have to get people to take nuts and crisps, and cheese or olives away from me Laughing

Crisps (chips) with dips, and homecooked chips (fries)

Although that said I'm very strong minded so if I had to give them up, I think I could - I gave up sugar in hot drinks, cold turkey and never looked at it again.

inu-kijo wrote:
I let mine melt all slow in my mouth too. dont really care for chomping it up so quickly.

been getting used to not having any chocolate lately. I can just deal with getting a litte box on a certain week of the month and be content.

I haven't eaten chocolate since Christmas because of my diet and I don't really crave it so much as if I see it or an advert on tv, then I want it.

Well guys I have to go now, it's coffee time and then lots to do before I finish.

Have a fabulous weekend Kijo, and hopefully I'll catch everyone else sometime during.

xx

In OH.. there is a popular candy/confection named Buckeyes... (a nut that grows in OH especially - our teams are called buckeyes) that are little round Reese cup type things... easy to make.. rolled peanut bitter and 10x sugar.. dipped in chocolate

Real Buckeye

Candy Buckeye

Laughing how funny. well time for me to leave and head off to my blood test, so i will see you all later!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo!!!!!

I'm back and I just missed Kijo (good luck hon!)

made myself some sunny side ups!

DawnyDawn wrote:
Toulouse wrote:

wondering what to eat...
see you in a bit!

Awww I missed you sweetie, have a nice lunch and you could just use normal pancake mixture and add the blueberry's once the batter is in the pan...I haven't tried it myself but that's how my cousin made them yummy!

hey sweetie, I think we have different mixture then those thick pancakes, we have something that resembles more to a crepe

lol, frannie, I see the resemblance

sorry, was reading a bit about the tennis

well fishing has made me dizzy and seeing spots.. going to go lay down for a little bit.. will see you all later

see you frannie!

I'll be going too, am finally feeling better, so have to make the best out of that!

Sorry I disappeared the builder came in and needed me.

I missed you all Sad Hope the blood test goes ok Kijo: Frannie, get some rest! and BG, glad you feel better.

Oh and incase you read back

Linnaeus named the genus Aesculus after the Roman name for an edible acorn. The Eurasian species are known as horse chestnuts while the North American species are called buckeyes. Some are also called white chestnut or red chestnut (as in some of the Bach flower remedies). In Britain, they are sometimes called conker trees because of their link with the game of conkers, played with the seeds, also called conkers.

* we have horsechestnut trees with edible chestnuts (lovely roasted) and conker trees which are non edible, but great for games Laughing

not sure if anyone is around at the moment but just popping in to say hello..as usual spent too many coins on my (um Columbo's) gold box addiction with not a lot of luck so far Sad all kids home for one reason or other. Was ready to leave home earlier but things seem to have quitened down again! how is everyone?

Popping in for a quick hello 8)
Happy Friday to everyone:)
I like the new items coming up for next week:)

carolyn64 wrote:
not sure if anyone is around at the moment but just popping in to say hello..as usual spent too many coins on my (um Columbo's) gold box addiction with not a lot of luck so far Sad all kids home for one reason or other. Was ready to leave home earlier but things seem to have quitened down again! how is everyone?

Hi carolyn.....I haven't seen you in a while. Hope all is well!
I am doing great thanks! It's Friday so I am happy:)

ooops found the new items! looks like a mix of cultures this week...

Frannie wrote:
still here SIB? do you have a link for the preview?

Sure..one sec and i'll send it

Frannie wrote:
ooops found the new items! looks like a mix of cultures this week...

Opps...sorry...didn't see you had found it.....yeah...looks like Australia meets Scotland 8) Smile

Zoonie wrote:
Hiya, am I too late to catch you guys?

Nope:) Was just about to pop out for some lunch:)
How ya doing Zoonie:) Smile

Good thanks SIN/CIB (wet and cold here though) Having work done on our house - main bathroom's all stripped out...a bit of respite over the weekend though!

How about you and your good lady?

Psst also do you want to do the spot the difference? it's a tough one!

Zoonie wrote:
Good thanks SIN/CIB (wet and cold here though) Having work done on our house - main bathroom's all stripped out...a bit of respite over the weekend though!

How about you and your good lady?

Psst also do you want to do the spot the difference? it's a tough one!

Yeah...another winter gale about to blow through this evening and tomorrow. It has warmed up again at least but more wind and rain likely till Sunday.
Hope all the work gets done at your place. I know it can get chaotic.
Myself and the Mrs. are doing well. Sad new for her parents though last week. They were given 2 months notice at their job after 35 yrs. Not so good times for them...but they are coping ok.
We are both looking to build a place in the not so distant future. Hoping all goes well with that. Preliminary stages so far.
I will definitely have a look t the new contest when I get back from lunch:)
Wahoo. I love challenges:)

dylanmummy wrote:

Hey DM...great to see you! Big hugs....long time no see. Smile
I have to go and grab some lunch but will pop back after to see who is around. Sorry I have to take off Sad

Chupacabra wrote:
dylanmummy wrote:

I have to go and grab some lunch but will pop back after to see who is around. Sorry I have to take off Sad

hi Chup!
how have u been?
k... see u later....

Maintenance in PS....wahoo...mystery items gonna be released I'm guessing:)
See ya all soon:)

Zoonie wrote:
Yaaaay DM! WELCOME and how are you? come here

Zoonie hun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sorry for taking so long to check in here.... Ashamed

dylanmummy wrote:
Chupacabra wrote:
dylanmummy wrote:

hi Chup!
how have u been?
k... see u later....

I have been great thanks! I had a wonderful holiday and New Years.
How about yourself. I hope all is well with you!
Great to see you!.
Be back soon I hope:)

Chupacabra wrote:
Zoonie wrote:
Good thanks SIN/CIB (wet and cold here though) Having work done on our house - main bathroom's all stripped out...a bit of respite over the weekend though!...

Yeah...another winter gale about to blow through this evening and tomorrow. It has warmed up again at least but more wind and rain likely till Sunday.
Hope all the work gets done at your place. I know it can get chaotic.
Myself and the Mrs. are doing well. Sad new for her parents though last week. They were given 2 months notice at their job after 35 yrs. Not so good times for them...but they are coping ok.
We are both looking to build a place in the not so distant future. Hoping all goes well with that. Preliminary stages so far.
I will definitely have a look t the new contest when I get back from lunch:)
Wahoo. I love challenges:)

Oh gracious look at my typo SIN instead of SIB rofl - another new nickname!!! Laughing

Sorry to hear about your inlaws, that's harsh and sad news.

If you need any advice on building or renovations, both me and DM are on hand, lol.

I project managed when IMOM and I built our own house years ago, it was 6 double bedrooms and a third story office suite in the roof space, so it was a big one to work on.

dylanmummy wrote:
Zoonie wrote:

Don't you worry about it, it's nice you're here now.
I know you've been busy - how is your new place now? are you happy with the move?

I was just a bit worried about you after your status yesterday

Zoonie wrote:
dylanmummy wrote:
Zoonie wrote:

Don't you worry about it, it's nice you're here now.
I know you've been busy - how is your new place now? are you happy with the move?

I was just a bit worried about you after your status yesterday

i love the new place! have settled in.... kiddos love it also.... so much nearer to train station,,... congratulations
congratulations
those message refer to my co-worker... Sad