Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ruth85

Some recent stories of God's protection and youth giving their heart to God

Recently I was traveling home from a 800 km round trip to the south east of my state in Australia. My car was working fine the whole journey until I got home. That is when I broke my timing belt and balance belt. I could had ruined the engine if it had happened when the car was running at a higher speed. But where I broke down was within the free towing radius and was only $400 AUD to fix (the price of replacing in in a normal service) and I was around people from my church who could drop me home after the tow.

I am a youth leader and want to share some recent decisions for Christ - next to our church was a young girl who would hear the commotion next door whenever we had carpark hangs and thought that age precluded her from coming along. Our youth pastor had left over flyers from a school visit and even though she was tired she letter boxed the 10 houses near church. The girl read the flyer and was excited that she was eligible to join in and gave her heart to God on the first night and we gave her her first bible!

- one of the boys from a family that comes to our church gave his heart to God a few of weeks ago. 2 weeks ago as he was coming to church he almost got kidnapped along the way to Youth, God completely protected him and he was able to make it to youth for safety. He came up to the youth pastor afterwards on Friday this last week and said that God had changed his life. He told her that before he came to youth, was known for evil in his school and liking horror and violence and watching people get killed etc. He said that after he got saved he didn't want to watch those kinds of movies anymore and he pulled all his Freddy Kruger posters down off his walls. (He used to be obsessed with Freddy Kruger) he said he bought a poster off ebay that says GOD IS HERE and put it up on his bedroom wall.

I am part of the Australian Christian Church (ACC) movement.

Wow now that one is deep.. especially breaking through to young people because the youth of today, its rough how the enemy is after them.