Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invaderpopz

New Spawn World

Okay, so you know how the main world always gets ugly and messy, and some people join and are like "This place is lame!" So I had an idea, that the experts/gms get together and build a super awesome looking world that would act as spawn, and make it expert+ so no one would build in it. Then the new players would be directed by signs on the walls to go to their respective worlds, for example there would be "/j Novice" written on the wall. We would only need to put a few lower level worlds, since advanced players already know the worlds. It would make the server a lot nicer I think! Very Happy

invaderpopz wrote:
Okay, so you know how the main world always gets ugly and messy, and some people join and are like "This place is lame!" So I had an idea, that the experts/gms get together and build a super awesome looking world that would act as spawn, and make it expert+ so no one would build in it. Then the new players would be directed by signs on the walls to go to their respective worlds, for example there would be "/j Novice" written on the wall. We would only need to put a few lower level worlds, since advanced players already know the worlds. It would make the server a lot nicer I think! Very Happy

We've had this idea come up a couple times before.
And I'm happy you noticed this issue too Wink
Well, depending on what the experts say, maybe you could make one for them!
DEPENDING on what they say, aye?
We'll see, as it'd have to be pretty damn good.
So maybe make that your next project ;D

invaderpopz wrote:

*Experts say no*

._.

have they?
I'm still waiting for their word on this topic.

I've got five map files and a txt document waiting for me to publish it regarding this issue. Ill post more when i get home. In the mean time, you can read more about it on this unfinished page: https://sites.google.com/site/aitmofficial/classic ignore the spelling errors.

Invader, weather or not your map is used i say make it anyways. im sure you will have fun with it.

11014GRF wrote:
I've got five map files and a txt document waiting for me to publish it regarding this issue. Ill post more when i get home. In the mean time, you can read more about it on this unfinished page: https://sites.google.com/site/aitmofficial/classic ignore the spelling errors.

Invader, weather or not your map is used i say make it anyways. im sure you will have fun with it.

O.O woah.

O.O woah.

what???
im 99% sure i already showed you this page? it must be a few months old now.

The experts didn't say no, I just thought it would be funny if they said no after I've already gotten all fired up about it xD Yeah, but I'd really like to give it a shot if they say yes, although now I see of got competition who is much more likely to get picked xD

11014GRF wrote:
O.O woah.

what???
im 99% sure i already showed you this page? it must be a few months old now.

Didn't have that on it last i saw >.>

+1 Expert Support on idea

I'll let you use any of my pixels if it helps. I'll even make a new one for the map.

Guest Snowy
I support your idea

I support a hub idea, but my concern is joining guest worlds. Does fCraft support those portals that take you to different worlds? cause if not, some very new to the game might not find their way to guest worlds.

Guest Eeyle
SirDoom wrote:
cause if not, some very new to the game might not find their way to guest worlds.

That's my problem with this idea, many new people wont be smart enough to type in /j guest. And no, portals are not supported by fCraft.

A hub area works with McForge because of portals and several other commands, but it would be useless with fCraft.

Eeyle wrote:
And no, portals are not supported by fCraft.

In that case the only alternative is to make these big, possibly ugly
"type /j novice!" banners, and there would probably still be questions
where can guests build.

Idea is good, but it's bit hard to do properly.

Well, Lightning explained the portal problems to me, which is what I've been trying to plan. I figured we could have some representation of the different ranks using different colors of wool, and make an elevator going up to different floors. The first wall the people see says "/rules and /ranks" (or whatever the rank command is) then behind that wall is a wall with gray writing saying /guest. then up a water elevator to a new floor, in white it says /rookie. the pattern would continue, going as far as neccessary/wanted. I've been thinking about what I could try out in case you guys wanted to let me give it a shot, but also I think it'd still be great if you guys wanted others to do it. Maybe you could make a few empty worlds and have a sort of contest? Not for a prize or anything, just the best one wins. Just ideas of course, you guys are the experts Very Happy

Eeyle wrote:
SirDoom wrote:
cause if not, some very new to the game might not find their way to guest worlds.

That's my problem with this idea, many new people wont be smart enough to type in /j guest. And no, portals are not supported by fCraft.

A hub area works with McForge because of portals and several other commands, but it would be useless with fCraft.

Do we really want people that stupid to stay? >.>

Ericrb wrote:
I'm still here. <.>

XD
I was expecting "You're still here."
But not vice versa X(

Okay, so Ik there hasn't been a definate decision, but I started making a spawn world in case you guys gave the idea the thumbs up Razz tbh, it's not going very well so far T_T I think it's ugly, but I never finish a project ugly. I either give up and burn it all, or make it look good!

Okay, ik there was never a complete yes or no, but I started building my idea just in case you guys said yes, and now it's almost done! Very Happy I left some open wall spaces for anyone who wants to build any kind of art or design Razz So that's what I came to say, so bai Very Happy

invaderpopz wrote:
Okay, ik there was never a complete yes or no, but I started building my idea just in case you guys said yes, and now it's almost done! Very Happy I left some open wall spaces for anyone who wants to build any kind of art or design Razz So that's what I came to say, so bai Very Happy

Where are ya keepin it? Surprised

Oh, and it's only expert+ to build now, so if you wanna make something, talk to me on the server Razz

Alright, so it's LITERALLY ALMOST DONE!!! I just have to finish painting the floor of the final room, so if you guys could maybe review it and see if you wanna use it or not, that would be super cool! Once again, the world is invspawn Razz

bump to keep something else down...

It nice, but im still concerned does it work without portals.