Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tgrosson

server world war

I really don't want to be killed over and over again, so i have decided to stay off of the server until its condition improves. please notify me when the war ends

It's seems to me that we need to bring back the old AITM SMP map for people who don't want to pvp

Sheppard250 wrote:
It's seems to me that we need to bring back the old AITM SMP map for people who don't want to pvp

Orrrrrrr the person can just find another server to play on

What people don't get is that the AITM SMP server may have the same name as AITM Classic but it's not the same server. AITM SMP goes by different ranks, different rules. Not to say the two aren't connected in some way but don't expect let's say all your hours or builds in classic to have any effect on your position in SMP. Addition to that, the two servers are for two entire different games. Classic Minecraft and Minecraft are far different games. Classic is entirely about building but Minecraft was expended to much more then just that. Addition to its building qualities, its a exploring game, its a fighting game. Can't expect SMP to disable redstone just because you don't have it classic. Same applies to fighting, minecraft was expended into a fighting game which the SMP server was built around. PVP is a natural thing in the server, as much as PVE is or building.

I understand you classic players may not like this aspect of the server but thats what minecraft expanded into and that's what the server is based on. If all you want to do is build things, the classic server still remains open to you. If you wish to build things in SMP without the bother of PVP, that's what towns are for. Build up your town, cooperate and zone your land. If you get pvped, don't bitch or complain because you accomplish nothing by it. As stated above, PVP is a natural thing on this server and minecraft. If none of the listed above is good enough for you, there is only one simple thing you can do. Quit.

Yep, I have to admit, although Demonic's post was riddled with spelling and grammatical errors, I have to agree with it.

Spindle_shanks wrote:
Yep, I have to admit, although Demonic's post was riddled with spelling and grammatical errors, I have to agree with it.

Correct it then, you can be my spell checker. I'll pay you $1 a hour. I mean, being that it bothers you so much Wink.

DemonicD3 wrote:
Correct it then, you can be my spellchecker*. I'll pay you $1 an* hour. I mean, being that it bothers you so much Wink.

i understand that it was meant for what it is, but i think there should be a pvp-free map thats just for exploring. just to get us new-to-mc people accustomed to exploring and protecting themselves from mobs, which dont have nearly as much killing potential as other players. if you make this map, i would gladly come back but i just don't want to get killed over and over again

tgrosson wrote:
i understand that it was meant for what it is, but i think there should be a pvp-free map thats just for exploring. just to get us new-to-mc people accustomed to exploring and protecting themselves from mobs, which dont have nearly as much killing potential as other players. if you make this map, i would gladly come back but i just don't want to get killed over and over again

So basicly you are describing single player?

JohnsonTea wrote:
Single player with the experience of friends to guide you along the way Very Happy

exactly! singleplayer with friends to trade with is what i'm looking for! thanks for giving it the right name Johnson!

tgrosson wrote:
JohnsonTea wrote:
Single player with the experience of friends to guide you along the way Very Happy

exactly! singleplayer with friends to trade with is what i'm looking for! thanks for giving it the right name Johnson!

If you look up minecraft servers, you'll notice there are not many friendly servers that enforce peaceful playtime disallowing people from killing others. What I am suggesting is that nobody is stopping you from doing this on the AITM server, infact that is promoted through towny. To get a town up and running and to afford it you require cooperation with other players. However if you wanna find a server where everything is rainbows and daily PVP events are hugs. Good luck finding a server that has that because short of starting your own private server majority servers incorporate PVP into there gameplay in someway or another. So there is not going to be a day when this server doesn't have PVP because Minecraft incorporated this element into there game.

I'm arguing this because if you think you leaving is somehow going to force the change of gameplay, you are incorrect. You would be just wasting your time, you bought minecraft so you should make the best of your money by getting on the server and doing what you want to do while allowing others to do what they want to do. Should that mean that somebody wants to kill you every now and again, you should just deal with it or infact even try PVP for a change. You may actually like it, I've seen lots of new players come to this server since wipe and some before. I've seen them all bitch and complain about being PVPed and tried to make it known they were neutral and don't like PVP. Guess what? Almost every single one of them now I've seen viciously kill somebody for fun every once and awhile. Are not afraid to get there sword out and swing it should somebody piss them off too much. Noted, they don't do this all the time like actual PVP players but they've gone far passed any neutral stage and what they use to be like. They enjoy ocasional PVP, should they actually have a chance to win a fight.

i wasn't staying off to try to change it, just because i didn't want to be killed so much. also, i don't want to take away pvp from the server, as several players would protest. i just want there to be spaces larger than towns that are pvp-free so i can explore without the chance of being randomly killed

Mickes guide to not getting ganked.
Does not prevent the random kills, but should prevent repeated ganking.

10 step program.

• 1. do not relay ur location to anyone you dont trust.( /msg [name] [message]
    2. dont accept tps of any sort
    3.get yourself decent gear to defend urself towards any attacks
    4.Get towny up and running, and build farms and so on to support the daily upkeep. that way you will be able to get urself a bigger no pvp area
    5. dont explore close to other towns, if u see one.. move away
    6. Dont bitch,insult or mock ppl, this is a strong reason for that person to hunt you down.
    7. dont go around pvping others, if you wish to be neutral, act like it.
    8. Underground base, much like Lightning had.
    9. Farm,trade and work for or with the pvpers(not in ur base tho. this will let them kill you) (not 100% neutral tho)
    10. Be polite,mature and respectfull. Respect that there are ppl on the server that wants to pvp all day and if you dont, Fine.
    but dont be rude,abusive or claim its rule breaking (unless it is)

if this still dont work, your doing something wrong.

These things are really logic, if you dont want someone to go after you DONT insult him or hes friends, dont gank new players then whine when we come for you. abusive language wont help you abit, nor will making "fix this or ill quit posts"

Noone is forcing you to play here, noone made you play here.. its your own choice and as dem previously pointed pvp is a part of this game you may hate it, love it or just hate anyone that participates in it. but donts hate on others for enjoying the game their own way.

I appologize for my spelling and/or poor grammar.

Micke and Dem are right

This is why I setup my town to avoid PVP (I'm not against PVP, I'm just can't be bothered with it atm)
I don't bitch, whine about it.

The only way you will have a server without PVP is your own.

but, as i said, before, i'm not trying to get rid of pvp. i really like micke's advice (even though i was following most of those rules) so i guess i'll just try to stay out of harm's way.

thank you for clearing up the opinions and general reasons of having pvp

just making sure you know, this was not a protest (as many of you seem to have thought) and i just wanted to say that i was going to to stay off the server for a while

tgrosson wrote:
just making sure you know, this was not a protest (as many of you seem to have thought) and i just wanted to say that i was going to to stay off the server for a while

"i have decided to stay off of the server until its condition improves. please notify me when the war ends"
I was simply informing you that this kind of things happens all the time in the AITM server, addition to this it happens all the time in most Minecraft servers because this is a addition that minecraft expanded into. That you leaving the server had no effect on this changing and that by doing so you would be wasting playing a game you spent money on.

I put in some PVP defensive statements because in this server all people do is moan and complain a lot of PVP, it wasn't mostly directed at you but everybody that goes to the AITM server that has a deep problem with PVP. My main point towards what I was trying to tell you tgrosson was that you should come back to the server, suck it up or even give PVP a try. If not, I gave you examples of avoiding it, as did micke because if you waited on PVP to not exist in the AITM server or most Minecraft servers, you'd just be wasting a good game that you bought and that would suck. So don't take what we said personally, it was meant to help and benefit you.