Safris

Artisans promote novices

I feel that if artisans can freeze and kick novices
Maybe we should be able to ranks them,

Safris wrote:
I feel that if artisans can freeze and kick novices
Maybe we should be able to ranks them,

We are not mods safris that's why we can't even ban

That is....the worst idea I've ever heard,(no offence.) yes your able to handle novices NOT rookies, so why would we let you promote them to a rank you can't handle?
Also like what MVP said, promoting is for staff, and artisans aren't staff.

Saf this has been talked about before Artisan is the rank that is a starter for coming to adept and most artisans aren't ready to deal with proper ranks thats why people rarely get to adept and it would throw the whole rank balance out of order ranks can only be dealt with adepts that are picked with and agreed on with expert+ If artisans would be allowed to rank it would have been picked at the beginning of All in the Mined its to late to add this command That is why Saf

fire_crafter100 wrote:
Saf this has been talked about before Artisan is the rank that is a starter for coming to adept and most artisans aren't ready to deal with proper ranks thats why people rarely get to adept and it would throw the whole rank balance out of order ranks can only be dealt with adepts that are picked with and agreed on with expert+ If artisans would be allowed to rank it would have been picked at the beginning of All in the Mined its to late to add this command That is why Saf

O_O.... what? lol

I agree with what volty said

Needless to wrap this topic up.
1. You arent staff.
2. You are the Highest 'building' rank.
3. Some Artisans are like blondes. Give them something and they are bound to screw it up.
4. What would you promote to? Rookie? Then you would need to be able to control rookies.
Potato. I dont have anymore points.

Artisan is not a mod rank, it is a builder rank. The light mod abilities of a artisan is meant as a way of the individual proving oneself capable of being a full time mod should a position become available. It is also there should any artisan just feel like modding or something is going on and no mod is online at the time. All this is optional to a artisan, the ranks primary function is building. Giving promotion permissions to a artisan is like giving them to a mason or pupil. That permission has/always will be left to the moderators. Back when I joined the server, there was no artisan and mason was the highest builder rank available with the same permission groups. It was harder then to prove oneself to be capable of a moderator position. You diddn't have the tools you all have today, you should just be grateful of the permissions you currently have and leave it at that. A lot of trust is already placed into artisan hands by giving them the ability to light moderate without having proven responsable enough for those powers. Artisans are promoted primarily on how good they build not how mature they are or there reasoning skills are. Leaving some artisans being demoted and banned for abusing what powers they do have. Giving them more powers would be borderline idiotic.

In the beginning, artisans could do this, got abused, we took it away.
Denied.

TheLostDarkness wrote:
3. Some Artisans are like blondes. Give them something and they are bound to screw it up.

lol don't forget lost we were artisans

Saf we not going to give you promote and demote, just be happy what you have got

Artisan - highest build rank
Artisans are not staff

Sheppard250 wrote:
TheLostDarkness wrote:

Saf we not going to give you promote and demote, just be happy what you have got

Artisans are not staff

Yeah but we were the cool ones.

Also Lost that comment made perfect sence. xD

KingKnightscareXXII wrote:
Sheppard250 wrote:
TheLostDarkness wrote:

Artisans are not staff

Yeah but we were the cool ones.

Also Lost that comment made perfect sence. xD

I no cool? D:

On-Topic: Safris, us Artisans shouldn't be able to promote Novices to Rookie rank, because then we would have to be able to freeze, and kick Rookies, I just don't see the big reason you want to be able to promote them, just be happy with what you got, Adept will come later, but now, just have fun and just watch out for the casual Novice griefer.

Off-Topic: Safris, just be happy with what you got, you won't be able to deal with Adept rank, neither would I, which is why I am not looking to get Adept for a long time, or at all actually.

You are not ready for Adept rank, Safris, and I'm not saying I am, because I'm not - we're both new to Artisan rank, we just got promoted not too long ago, just be happy with Freeze and Kick.

Haylee Like a Star @ heaven Kisuke

I feel really dumb now

It was a terrible idea
Thanks for clearing that out guys afro

in my opinion i am with safris on this one cause what is the point in being able to freeze kick and basscannon people when we can't even rank anybody =/

Kisuke wrote:
On-Topic: Safris, us Artisans shouldn't be able to promote Novices to Rookie rank, because then we would have to be able to freeze, and kick Rookies, I just don't see the big reason you want to be able to promote them, just be happy with what you got, Adept will come later, but now, just have fun and just watch out for the casual Novice griefer.

Off-Topic: Safris, just be happy with what you got, you won't be able to deal with Adept rank, neither would I, which is why I am not looking to get Adept for a long time, or at all actually.

You are not ready for Adept rank, Safris, and I'm not saying I am, because I'm not - we're both new to Artisan rank, we just got promoted not too long ago, just be happy with Freeze and Kick.

Haylee Like a Star @ heaven Kisuke

kisuke adept will be a few years for me cause i only got ranked a few weeks ago =(

ZacI265 wrote:
in my opinion i am with safris on this one cause what is the point in being able to freeze kick and basscannon people when we can't even rank anybody =/

I haven't played classic in awhile so I have no idea what a bass cannon is or what it does however ranking and kicking have nothing to do with each other. Ranking requires a trustworthy individual to ensure the person being ranked is being ranked under AITM requirements. As such, this duty falls under moderators permissions as they've proven both trustworthy and capable of taking on that job and doing it fairly. As in not promoting so and so because you like so and so or so and so is your friend. Which would be the result if artisans were allowed to rank people. Artisan is a BUILDER rank, what some people apparently cannot grasp. Just because you can kick does not make you a moderator.

@demonic Basscannon is a kind of retarded way to kick people. Basically says wub wub wub wub when kicked.

@zac As said, you are buillder rank. The day you can promote is the day you become staff. This would mean changing a lot of stuff for artisan. You given kick and freeze to trial if you are suitable for adept. If we dont trust you at artisan, how can we at adept. If you can rank whats to stop you going ''New player, have rookie'' Plus, most rookie (not all) tend to not grief since they waited two hours to get ranked by building and stuff and not griefing or making penis or whatnot.
Needless to say, thanks for opening an old topic.

TheLostDarkness wrote:
@demonic Basscannon is a kind of retarded way to kick people. Basically says wub wub wub wub when kicked.

@zac As said, you are buillder rank. The day you can promote is the day you become staff. This would mean changing a lot of stuff for artisan. You given kick and freeze to trial if you are suitable for adept. If we dont trust you at artisan, how can we at adept. If you can rank whats to stop you going ''New player, have rookie'' Plus, most rookie (not all) tend to not grief since they waited two hours to get ranked by building and stuff and not griefing or making penis or whatnot.

sorry i was just speaking my mind forgive me for it ='(

ZacI265 wrote:
TheLostDarkness wrote:

That is ok you have the right to express your opinion zac

ZacI265 wrote:
TheLostDarkness wrote:

No need to apologize, everybody puts in there 2 cents to a topic. It's just this topic has already been discussed.