Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

The FEBRUARY Chat - part 3

Mindy .... not a dumb question .... there are very few dumb questions ....

If I am going to dip them, I leave the cap ... the green part where it was attached to the plant .. intact so that you have something to hold onto to eat it ..

to prepare them for the recipe, take a small knife and just barely cut the green part out ,,look at the ones that you have .. You don't really even need to hull them, just cut a thin slice off the big end of the berry -- where the cap is -- so that it sits flat ..

well.. gonna go catch a quick 40 winks before dinner... see you all later.... new stuff in 2 hours!

I've seen those in stores and always wondered how they make them ... cool! Although might be a little too advanced for me, lol. But I'm going to try those stuffed strawberries some day soon. I showed the bf and he was like, YUM!!!

One of the best parts of these recipes is that you get to eat the mistakes!!

None of it is that hard. It just takes a bit of practice. I made ... I think ... 100 stuffed and 100 dipped berries for BIL's reception, and it wasn't so bad. The only bad thing was doing it in my MIL's kitchen with limited AC ....

Have you guys ever heard of making Oreo Truffles??

(been lurking a tiny bit....)

they are super esy to make,... and SOOOO good!!!

Popping on in the middle of a food discussion. Yum! Oreo Truffles? That sounds wonderful!

its really good. you take a pack of oreos and a thing of cream cheese.
Crush up all the oreos and mix it really well with the cream cheese... and it makes like this muddy looking puddy. (sounds gross)

you roll those into 1 inch balls then dip them in chocolate and let them cool, and Voila!!
yummyness with ease!!

(i have made them with mint oreos too, and its is Sooooo good!
dipped it in all sorts of chocolate, and drizzled opposite colour chocolate on it, and all that stuff, so they are easy to customize.

Super simple and a party favourite!

Sorry all, I was doing some fishing ... I want more pink diamonds but no luck. Sad

I think oreos are so gross BUT I love oreo-flavored anything, like milkshakes or ice cream, so truffles sound really good to me!!!

Kijo .... sounds delish!! I will have to give it a try ,,,, OH loves oreos ....

Mindy, what are you using as bait??

I'm going to take a little comp break and workout. Be back around later for the new items!

What was you playin?

Time is going by pretty fast here. : D

(ordered some steamed dumplings on delivery.... they were good, but they were chinese style... but satiated that craving for them at least.)
(they were a little greasy....)

figured since I couldnt keep anything down last night I deserved a treat anyways! Too bad I cooked steaks last night. : C

i just got to second job, still getting situated.... prolly be back in lets say 20 minutes. : D

tyvm ..... I like the way that it turned out ...

Boo was very nice to me and gave me some wonderful pressies .... So I made her a siggy ....

You need to make us something cute to top the next thread with ... This one is just about to roll over .....

I know... should I go ahead and work on
a St. Pattie Day one??

I think the v-day one can get away with one more thread though...

I think that St.Patty should wait till March .... I agree.... I think we can use the current graphic at least one more time...,., I didn't know how bored you were or what you had running around your head .....

Did I read that you were sick yesterday??

Yeah. thought i might be for a bit tonight, but i think it may pass.

Pillls. nothing serious.
(maybe even whiskey.... or whiskey with pills)

well i have to take the pills otherwise I feel like I am dying... so it was a chance I took

besides... i am usually sick when i just take the pills by itself... so maybe it wasn't even the alcohol.

You must make sure that you always have a little something to eat when you take your meds....

How is the other job working out?? Are you still getting along ok with your boss??

as far as the question that you asked on the hunt thread, ... Frannie rpobably had the answers in first. I figured out #15, and shared with her, and she shared the location of the last thing that I could not find with me.. It took me a bit to get a picture, so I was probably actually last getting done .....

yeah. I actually like the second job a lot better.

it seems much more satisfying... its hard to explain considering both jobs are practically the same.
A little sore today thouhg, and had one rough day last week, but nothing too bad, just still adjusting.

Don't have to go back til Wednesday morning.

I can understand what you mean. I can imagine that it is not very fulfilling working in the middle of the night with just us to talk to .... I know that I am happiest at work when I am busy...

Haha, no there are still plenty left. We just split a slice of red velvet cake we bought at the food store today when we went shopping. Now I'm watching figure skating.

mmmmm red velvet cake sounds good too .....

I am watching the olympics too.. but right now here they just finished the men's luge ...

Yeah, well i dont talk to many people at the other job easier, but i stay pretty busy... but it just could be cause its a new job... or maybe the fact that I see daylight... or something different..... But I dunno.
only working 4 days there this week.... hopefully I can pick up one more shift somewhere in there.

Yes, I think I am three hours behind you ... i"m not sure if they show olympics at the same time across the US or if I'm on a delay ...

Mindy ..... I don't know. I am watching a repeat of what I saw earlier ..right this minute the Americans are skating .... the girl in the red dress..

Kijo ... I bet it is all of the things that you mentioned that make youlike the new job. How is it so far working double shifts?? It is not making your pain worse is it??

Some days... still trying to figure out the best way to spread out my meds where it isn't so mad (been taking one cycle right before i go to sleep to try and help with swelling.)

Left foot has been painfully swollen last 3 days, but not unbearable, and calf muscles are very tight and sore, and Shoulder muscles on left side are VERY sore.

But have been dealing fine. not tired or anything. been sleeping better,a nd mood is better as well.
Clyde is been moody though.

Last night he was especially mad at me.

that reminds me .... Kijo, I tagged you in a picture for Valentines day and on to use to make a hideeni ....... congratulations

I am glad that your mood is better.. Sorry Clyde is upset.. Did you put his blankie up??

It is always a chore to try to figure out meds with shift work ....

I thought Pookie might have been a RL cat or something you were sharing with me, forgot about the message i just sent the group.

Didnt have too many pictures on my wall, so I thought i would send another friendly... or pesky message outt o all.

: D