Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
inu-kijo

♥ THE FEBRUARY CHAT- Part 4! ♥

I'm ok thanks MaRVIN AND wISH, oops Cap lock! lol.

How are you both?

Bye Bye Bye Kijo.

Zoonie wrote:
I'm ok thanks MaRVIN AND wISH, oops Cap lock! lol.

How are you both?

Bye Bye Bye Kijo.

I'm good. you can say my name now I am free lol

Marvin wrote:

You're free? that's a good thing I hope?
Can you use your own link now? - btw your link goes to MEEEEE rofl.
What have you been doing lately?

BG it's really cold and bleurgh here too.

Zoonie wrote:
Marvin wrote:

Yup! just got done editing everything! congratulations It's def a good thing! Still a team member I just stepped down from that position.

Zoonie wrote:
Marvin wrote:

hit the post button 2 soon! sorry lol ahhh I've been up 2 a lil bit of everything. I've missed u what have u been doing? how is every1?

We were waiting for the bus and we were both really really cold!
I got the bag I showed you, the pretty one and a 'shopper', a really huge bag for school, they weren't too expensive, so I am really really happy!!!

Sorry the phone went, and my mobile (cell) at the same time.

Nice shopping BG.

Sylvi, you're YOU again hooray!

I'm still looking after a little cat who needs a new home, he's causing a bit of chaos.
And we've been having our bathroom and downstairs toilet (cloakroom) remodelled, so a lot of mess and dust at home.

Zoonie wrote:
Sorry the phone went, and my mobile (cell) at the same time.

Nice shopping BG.

Sylvi, you're YOU again hooray!

I'm still looking after a little cat who needs a new home, he's causing a bit of chaos.
And we've been having our bathroom and downstairs toilet (cloakroom) remodelled, so a lot of mess and dust at home.

that's why I hate phones! lol They always go off @ the wrong time & never the right. :p I finally caved & got another one I'm suprised I'm missed texting so much. I love the decorating part of remodeling but not the actually doing. Huge messes & lots of noise! Hope it's over with soon!

Boogs! I still have to say this (think I was too tired yesterday to think hahaha)

(I'll be in and out too for a bit, am doing my visits and in the meanwhile trying to think about an angle for a presentation concerning... school shootings)

Sylvi how are you? (whats all this marvin stuff? im so behind) Ashamed

Toulouse wrote:
Boogs! I still have to say this (think I was too tired yesterday to think hahaha)

(I'll be in and out too for a bit, am doing my visits and in the meanwhile trying to think about an angle for a presentation concerning... school shootings)

Your welcome

wow thats a tuff one good luck xx

bogie wrote:

Hey Bogie! long story lol how have u been?

Marvin wrote:
bogie wrote:

Hey Bogie! long story lol how have u been?

Im good just rl beening hectic leaving not much play time Sad

Well I take it the long story is resolved and you are you again :cheer: I glad to hear that because we you just the way your are

bogie wrote:
Toulouse wrote:

Your welcome

We just have to find info and I did a lot of research already yesterday evening (that's me) Ashamed There's a lot to be found, but we have to make a connection between the happenings, playing games, talk about profiles and motives. You could say we were studying for lawyers... But it's only one course.

Toulouse wrote:
bogie wrote:
Toulouse wrote:

Your welcome

We just have to find info and I did a lot of research already yesterday evening (that's me) Ashamed There's a lot to be found, but we have to make a connection between the happenings, playing games, talk about profiles and motives. You could say we were studying for lawyers... But it's only one course.

your a very hard worker congratulations I think if I dug that deep into it I would go crazy.

Marvin wrote:
I gotta head out guys I'll be back sometime 2mrw night

See you soon

See you Sylvi. Don't be a stranger! ♥️

WB Boogs.

Wow BG such a lot of information to wade through and collate there.

bogie wrote:
your a very hard worker congratulations I think if I dug that deep into it I would go crazy.

I try to work hard and hope it's rewarding afterwards Smile

It's a tough subject, but I find it very interesting. I have always been fascinated by how people think, react and so on, and these cases make it more interesting (you know, what drives you to the point of killing people). It's a bit macabre, I know, but still find it interesting.

Im stuffed the kids did the same as last year, nagged me all morning to make pancakes then tell me they don't like them congratulations so ive eaten 5 Laughing

BG - It would interesting to me too, but also scary at the same time, and some of the excuses about video games etc.. are so lame in my eyes. for many many years kids have played games involving guns but it has not told them its ok to use them for real.

Zoonie wrote:
5 pancakes Boogie!!! rofl, you loon.

Well I could not waste them could I

But I had already had a sandwich before hand too Laughing now I cannot move hehehehehhehehee

bogie wrote:
BG - It would interesting to me too, but also scary at the same time, and some of the excuses about video games etc.. are so lame in my eyes. for many many years kids have played games involving guns but it has not told them its ok to use them for real.

from what I know and learned in the past, video games are not that harmful as some may suggest - it might even improve a couple of skills! but there's always a limit, you know, you have to know when to stop and can't play the entire day (or day in day out). I've always played video games and think I turned out okay congratulations

You do know you could freeze them? *whistles*

BG, what events and countries have you looked at so far?

sorry guys I had to suddenly disappear - nearly got caught by a boss Ashamed

I have taken the pic last night but then my connection died so I guess it didn't save it as you didn't see it in my album.

Hi and bye Silvi

Zoonie wrote:

the most known case so far: the columbine high school shooting
am reading a book now from a lawyer that wrote things about profiles and motives for mass shootings (or killings)

Toulouse wrote:
bogie wrote:

from what I know and learned in the past, video games are not that harmful as some may suggest - it might even improve a couple of skills! but there's always a limit, you know, you have to know when to stop and can't play the entire day (or day in day out). I've always played video games and think I turned out okay congratulations

You turned out more than ok!!!! :hug;

I do not know many people who have not played a video game involving shooting, and I must admit I do not know any muderers! so it must come down to very disturebed people and not your average normal person. therefore they shooters would end up like it with or without video games.

Zoonie wrote:

I did not but then they smelt so yummy I would still have eaten them, even though now I wish I had'nt Im gonna pop!

Bee wrote:
sorry guys I had to suddenly disappear - nearly got caught by a boss Ashamed

I have taken the pic last night but then my connection died so I guess it didn't save it as you didn't see it in my album.

Hi and bye Silvi

Bee

bogie wrote:
You turned out more than ok!!!! :hug;

I do not know many people who have not played a video game involving shooting, and I must admit I do not know any muderers! so it must come down to very disturebed people and not your average normal person. therefore they shooters would end up like it with or without video games.

Thanks congratulations
I think it has something to do with a "sick mind" and having trouble making the distinction between what's real and what's not. I just read the detailed story about the Columbine shooting (I'm feeling sick atm) and it's really one big explosion from two guys who had it and didn't fit in.

Zoonie wrote:
We've suffered in the UK too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunblane_massacre

and only 4 months later there was an attack at a nursery school in Blakenhall, West Midlands - that was an assailant with a machete.

The list on Wiki is astounding, had no idea how many there'd been
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school-related_attacks

It's terrible, isn't it?
Thank you so much for the list!! I also had no idea about how many shootings there have been already...

I remember them all & basically the people responsible are insane loonies with no real motive.

The 1st one I remember in the uk was the hungerford shootings not in a school just some nutter with a gun running around a shopping mall killing anyone they felt like shooting.

Yes Gill there are loads of school shootings, even that Hamish school (not sure if thats how you spell hamish, hope you know what I mean)

No problem BG.

((Bee)) don't get caught!

Do you mean Amish, Boogs? the people who try and live simply and without mechanical aids?

Yes thats the ones Doh x

I always say hamish for some reason do not know why?

I also believe due to many of them killing themselves after the attack, have done it to go down in history.

The cowards, if they want to end their life's then they should just do it! they do not have to take many innocent lives with them :mad:

sorry rant over I just get fired up over the people who do this sort of thing and im sure its to gain attention even after they are dead!

I think that, after that kind of massacre, they kill themselves because probably they're too coward to face others. Not sure how to explain it, but it looks like they're afraid or something, because deep down they know what they've done and that it's wrong, but they're too blind to see other options...

Just read another story (same book) about a guy that lived on a farm, he had a mental disorder and killed his own Dad, a year after his 'surrogate' Mom and after that he sold the farm, went traveling, hoping he would find friends and get affection from others, but that failed, so he went back to the town where he lived and just started shooting

Sorry guys - gotta go

Boss is demanding my attention (what a cheek of him)

Will try to catch you all later.
Take care and keep warm and dry

Happy Pancake Day and :chin3:

aaw thanks Bee. I'm cold. I just made myself a cafetierre of coffee and some warm milk.
I usually just drink instant while I'm in on my own - no idea why, habit I suppose.
This is nice.

When I've had it though, I have to go and do some chores outside Brrrrr.

For me the whole massacre thing calls into question just how easy it is for people to get hold of guns, and for them to be in the wrong hands.
That covers the gang culture too Sad

Toulouse wrote:
I think that, after that kind of massacre, they kill themselves because probably they're too coward to face others. Not sure how to explain it, but it looks like they're afraid or something, because deep down they know what they've done and that it's wrong, but they're too blind to see other options...

Just read another story (same book) about a guy that lived on a farm, he had a mental disorder and killed his own Dad, a year after his 'surrogate' Mom and after that he sold the farm, went traveling, hoping he would find friends and get affection from others, but that failed, so he went back to the town where he lived and just started shooting

Yes I can see that angle but many of them know thats what they are going to do before the killing spree. in many cases its not just a spur of the moment killing spree in many of the cases, they have spent days, weeks , months or even years thinking about and planning their attack they must have known their own fate was suicide and most have killed themselves before the police have even arrived at the scene.

On the second count it just shows these peole are very distrubed and have an insanity streek that nobody could change even if they tried.

I don't know how it is exactly, but we've got a gun law now. Everyone had to turn in the guns they had, they were destroyed.

Think it was after a certain shooting here.

Bee wrote:
Sorry guys - gotta go

Boss is demanding my attention (what a cheek of him)

Will try to catch you all later.
Take care and keep warm and dry

Happy Pancake Day and :chin3:

Take care bee see you soon

Zoonie wrote:
aaw thanks Bee. I'm cold. I just made myself a cafetierre of coffee and some warm milk.
I usually just drink instant while I'm in on my own - no idea why, habit I suppose.
This is nice.

When I've had it though, I have to go and do some chores outside Brrrrr.

For me the whole massacre thing calls into question just how easy it is for people to get hold of guns, and for them to be in the wrong hands.
That covers the gang culture too Sad

Ummm very nice Im gonna have to stick with instant though, do not have anything else in Sad

Yes it is far to easy esp in the USA but its getting easier here too it seems Sad

Right I'm going to find a jacket and tackle what I need to do outside, otherwise it's going to be dark.
Will probably get a hot shower after that and come back later.
See you guys x

Toulouse wrote:
I don't know how it is exactly, but we've got a gun law now. Everyone had to turn in the guns they had, they were destroyed.

Think it was after a certain shooting here.

In the UK you cannot own a gun without a licence and thats been the law here for a very very long time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_the_United_Kingdom#History_of_gun_control_in_the_United_Kingdom

But unfortunatley it does not stop illegal guns on the black market Sad

Zoonie wrote:
Right I'm going to find a jacket and tackle what I need to do outside, otherwise it's going to be dark.
Will probably get a hot shower after that and come back later.
See you guys x

your venturing outside in this rain EEK good luck best get your wellies on x

See you soon me loon

bogie wrote:
Toulouse wrote:

Yes I can see that angle but many of them know thats what they are going to do before the killing spree. in many cases its not just a spur of the moment killing spree in many of the cases, they have spent days, weeks , months or even years thinking about and planning their attack they must have known their own fate was suicide and most have killed themselves before the police have even arrived at the scene.

On the second count it just shows these peole are very distrubed and have an insanity streek that nobody could change even if they tried.

I completely agree and that's why I also wonder why they have to kill others in their suicide raid... But then again, reading about the columbine, it was all about hatred and revenge. They wanted to kill everyone that was there in the school, let them pay for their exclusion in the school hierarchy. They also had plans to go to two other places (forgot about it already), but the police kept them inside the building, because they would start to shoot when they saw them. So I guess their only way out was to kill themselves, so they wouldn't have to face others or get life sentenced.

sorry, was on the phone, BF called to look up trains, because they put down the work due to the accident yesterdy

Good luck Zoonie!!

BG I agree that case is different they were very young themselves unlike many of the other shootings, that were grown adults with families and kids of their own in some cases Sad

It's all pretty weird, isn't it?

Am going to try to enlighten the mood, it's a tough subject :p

So, the kids have a break now, is that correct?