Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Toulouse

♪ The FEBRUARY chat - part 6 ♪

I've always been told swimming and riding the bike are good sports to do. I don't like riding the bike much, because we have steep hills here and that's a bit too much for me.

I loved swimming since the day I could swim, but I dread getting in my car, driving all the way to the swimming pool, get dressed and so on. Once I am in the water, all's fine, but I don't like the before or after part much. Plus, another thing that holds me back, is that it's really expensive... We have to pay 5€, which is nearly 7$ for every time we want to go.

That's why I'm hesitating a bit you know, swimming in hot water... I tried hot tubs before but always felt too hot and sick afterwards... I've been told the water would be 28°C.

Like what kind of different BG? you can be harsh, I dont mind, I am an art school kid, we LIKE people to tell us whats wrong.... I can't quite figure out what I don't like yet....

and which text? on the bug or the underneath?

and it looks a little pixelated, cause its minimized in photoshop..... and I jsut took a pic off the screen instead of saving the file.... emm.... hold on....

pictur23.png

thats should be bettter.

I like the direction that you are going, but I don't like your bug .... I think that he needs to be cleaner ... not look like there was not enough ink to print ..... sorry ..... If it were me ..... I would like the bug in primary colors because that makes me think of kids ...

I like the feet idea, and I think it would be cute if there were mini - catterpillars like the big one in diff parts of the flyer ..

I wonder if skating would be helpful..... I need a new pair of skates though.... my last pair got burnt up in a vehicle that caught fire.... : C

Laughing

I would think that any low impact exercize would be good ...

BG, Have you thought about investing in your own stationary bicycle?? They also make stands that you can put a regular bike on to hold it off the floor and it becomes a stationary bike ..

You can pick up a used stationary bike here fairly cheap ... How is it over there ??

I wont have room to put other caterpillars, cause I have 4 other bugs to make and put around the flyer... it would get too crowded.... didn;t think about it looking like it ran out of ink (maybe the first red circle....)
I jsut based it off of the colours they already had cause I was going to make it all green, then changed my mind.

But, its like a texture that I was using.... you are saying you would prefer flat colour blocks in stead??
it made me think of making fingerprint caterpillars in school... and that book, the hungry caterpillar??? (to see my thought process....)
but you have to realize on the actual poster... he probably wont be bigger than 3 inches wide as well.

inu-kijo wrote:
BG I thought about trying to find RA exercise classes, then realized its going to be like a senior citizen class with me in there feeling like a fool. HAHAHAHA.

I wonder if taking like a water exercise class would be helpful?? But... I cant swim, and am scared of deep water.... so.....

Yeah, have been thinking about that too, me being the only youngster around... Was thinking to take Mom along with me, as she can swim, but is really scared with a lot of people around her (they once pushed her into the water and held her under). I was guessing not much people would come to that RA swimming class, so she could overcome that fear (and she got some exercise too which would be good for her muscles and joints as she's been having a lot of troubles lately - even had to help her wash and blow dry her hair as she couldn't lift one arm).

But then again, there's a good friend who's also looking for a swimming buddy, that sounds more fun to me then swimming with seniors... (but, as I said, a bit too expensive, as for the RA class, they only ask 2,5€ > 3.5$)

It could help you know, so might give it a try.
maybe you've got classes too that are really calm and maybe you could take swimming lessons, not sure what you think about that

inu-kijo wrote:
Like what kind of different BG? you can be harsh, I dont mind, I am an art school kid, we LIKE people to tell us whats wrong.... I can't quite figure out what I don't like yet....

and which text? on the bug or the underneath?

and it looks a little pixelated, cause its minimized in photoshop..... and I jsut took a pic off the screen instead of saving the file.... emm.... hold on....

thats should be bettter.

I dunno, it doesn't look very caterpillar-ish to me to be honest, maybe you should try with nothing but green, but switch the parts between dark green and light green? You can always make another one. And guessing it's for kids, I might use really bright colors for the body parts, so I would also do that for the text underneath. Maybe... just a thought you can make the caterpillar green, and use different colors for the text underneath?

inu-kijo wrote:
I wonder if skating would be helpful..... I need a new pair of skates though.... my last pair got burnt up in a vehicle that caught fire.... : C

Laughing

:eek:
I love skating, we should go together!!
My feet always hurt in the skating shoes though, that's the only part I don't like. And scared of falling and then having someone skating over your hands or something,.. I once saw that and it frightened me a bit

TanyaRC wrote:
I would think that any low impact exercize would be good ...

BG, Have you thought about investing in your own stationary bicycle?? They also make stands that you can put a regular bike on to hold it off the floor and it becomes a stationary bike ..

You can pick up a used stationary bike here fairly cheap ... How is it over there ??

It's a bit expensive over here, but to be honest, I never thought about that... I think that once I'm more fit, I'll be able to do steep hills too with a regular bike. I think I prefer swimming

I really dont enjoy the water at all.... so i have no interest in swimming.
(almost drowned on 3 different occasions when I was little, so it was meant for me not to swim.)

my friend told me aobut this new gym in town that I want to join (because its only like 20 bucks a month and it has a tanning bed.... so that is cheaper than a tanning bed membership......) but its making time to go to the gym after working so many doubles in a week that I am worried about.

I love that book .......I see what youare talking about, but as a poster, I think that flat colors with a cleaner font on the bug would be better ... I am not sure if the size would make it any diff .. I would almost have to see it lifesize to tell ... Didn't Boogie say that they were using the logo on other stuff.

So you are trying to keep the basic shape the same, but not the actual bug ..??

I LUUUURVE skating!!! (I use quad wheel skates though... like 50s skates. ) : D

so much fun!!!!

I like my bug better than theirs..... : S

no, she was telling me they have that logo already printed on a bunch of stuff, so it should stay very similar.

I was having trouble on the font though... I may have to hit up Dafont later to see what thye have for me......

If you get your own stationary bike, you can use it no matter what the weather or what time of day or night it is .. I have one that I used to use all the time .. I got out of the habit a couple of years ago, and have not started again . It is one of the best forms of exercise that I have found. Burns more calories than walking..

Kijo, I am not crazy about swimming eithor, but it is a very low impact form of exercise ... something like water aerobics would probably be very good for you ..

inu-kijo wrote:
I really dont enjoy the water at all.... so i have no interest in swimming.
(almost drowned on 3 different occasions when I was little, so it was meant for me not to swim.)

my friend told me aobut this new gym in town that I want to join (because its only like 20 bucks a month and it has a tanning bed.... so that is cheaper than a tanning bed membership......) but its making time to go to the gym after working so many doubles in a week that I am worried about.

oh my, I completely understand
the way may Dad taught me how to swim: we had something that floated on the water (not sure how it's called) and he told me to hold on to it, so we could work on the leg movement and all of a sudden, he pulled that floating thing away from me, I drowned, but made my way up. He taught me how to swim when we were on holidays... I never came out of the pool the days after, they had to nag to get me out of the water : D

inu-kijo wrote:
I LUUUURVE skating!!! (I use quad wheel skates though... like 50s skates. ) : D

so much fun!!!!

I'm more into ice skating then I think

TanyaRC wrote:
If you get your own stationary bike, you can use it no matter what the weather or what time of day or night it is .. I have one that I used to use all the time .. I got out of the habit a couple of years ago, and have not started again . It is one of the best forms of exercise that I have found. Burns more calories than walking..

Kijo, I am not crazy about swimming eithor, but it is a very low impact form of exercise ... something like water aerobics would probably be very good for you ..

I didn't know that

On the phone for a bit

My grandpas form of teaching how to swim? grab the kid and throw them in the pool

# 1 time of almost drowned.

: C

I like Ice-skating, but its very hard on the ankles..... regular skating is much more fun for me....and you dont have to worry about the ice tracks.

Hey boogs, was just discussing stuff. you should read back form page 30 or so.

EEK thats a harsh way to learn to swim

I no good at ice skating, I ok with rollerskating though not that Ive done it for years!

bogie wrote:
Morning

Hi Boogs!!!!

inu-kijo wrote:
My grandpas form of teaching how to swim? grab the kid and throw them in the pool

# 1 time of almost drowned.

: C

I like Ice-skating, but its very hard on the ankles..... regular skating is much more fun for me....and you dont have to worry about the ice tracks.

what the?! that's terrible!!!

TanyaRC wrote:

will do that in a sec

on the phone with BF, he just had his first drivers lesson congratulations

1st?!?! How old is he??

I guess its not as much as a necessity as it is here in the states.

He's 25 congratulations
We have to take lessons first, then we can either drive a period with someone next to you or not and after that we have to take an exam

We get our learners here when you are 15, and your parents have to ride with you and you cant be out past a certain time of night... then we get the real deal at 16.

Sorry about that was reading back then the phone went.

Kijo the bug is so cute congratulations He now has character!

I can see what the others are saying about maybe changing to primary colours though as the children are aged 2 - 5

They will prob get one professionally printed much larger approx 2 by 3 foot

you must not be tired and in a hurry to leave tongiht.

usually you can't WAIT for me to leave!

Im still half asleep need coffee

Hi Tanya & BG

How are you today?

Isnt Kijo clever

how many times have we been having a wonderful conversation and all of the sudden you have to run get breakfast ...... I am just trying to be considerate and remind you that it is time to make breakfast!!

Boogs I will chat with you more when I get back, cause I really do have to go now, I am making gravy,s o i had a little time to mess with me Tan Tan.... but yeah...can't really hold out any longer or I will never get back!!!

see whomever is here when i return.

Boogs ..... Kijo is awesome!! Just can't tell her too often, it might give her the big head ...

Hey Boogs,
wish I had some coffee I could give you, but I'm all out myself : D
Going to make tea though in a minute - bought myself some black tea since some suggested me to try it : D

I'm fine, also still waking up, am very slow today
Working for school a bit, not planning to do much today

Tan Tan I loves you.

(you know I could never get a big head.... my self esteem is too low for those kind of unnecessary things.)

*POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!*

TanyaRC wrote:
Boogs ..... Kijo is awesome!! Just can't tell her too often, it might give her the big head ...

Toulouse wrote:
Hey Boogs,
wish I had some coffee I could give you, but I'm all out myself : D
Going to make tea though in a minute - bought myself some black tea since some suggested me to try it : D

I'm fine, also still waking up, am very slow today
Working for school a bit, not planning to do much today

Ive been up hours but still cannot wake up, and it was so cold this morning on the school run but even that has not woken me up Sad

My kettle is on and another very very strong coffee might do the trick.

Ive never had black tea is it nice?

Have yoiu got school today? or just the bits to work on at home!

Oh Tanya, I just noticed I got it all wrong about the stationary bike stand! I was thinking it was some kind of outdoors bike thing (sorry bout that), but it's something to use inside!! We have some kind of stationary bike already, we call it a hometrainer and I have been using it since last week for a half an hour a day!

TanyaRC wrote:

: D
Can't agree more!!!

bogie wrote:
Ive been up hours but still cannot wake up, and it was so cold this morning on the school run but even that has not woken me up Sad

My kettle is on and another very very strong coffee might do the trick.

Ive never had black tea is it nice?

Have yoiu got school today? or just the bits to work on at home!

I hope the coffee helps though! Otherwise a nap could help?

The one I have is really- but I mean really good!
Let me see if I can find it online!

I don't have any classes today, so I have a day off to get some work done and to finish cleaning my room (as it's still chaos in here)

This is my black tea - I couldn't find the real thing though.
It's black tea with citrus fruits and Bergamot flavours.