Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

March Chat Part III

Oh yes you mentioned something about the training job, are you looking forward to it?

I know she left earlier then I'm used to, so I am guessing it's because she had the Dr's appointment, but probably isn't back yet (or went to bed).

it will be fun for the first few weeks, but it will get boring quickly .. I have three weeks of training for me coming up, and then get to train the workforce .... everyone gets a 3 day class ... It is something diff to do for the summer ...

Where did Tiph go?
(sorry, just noticed she was here too)

Aww hun, then I hope those weeks go by quickly, because it's no fun to do something repetitive the entire time

Tiph........ TIPH .... Where are you?????

the new job will be ok ... I knew what it would be when I was asked to do it .. I am looking forward to knowing this new system inside and out ....

I think I scared her away Sad

So you'll be the pro!

Okay, I'll be right back, going to find something to drink to fill my stomach. I'm hungry already and have to wait 2 more hours before it's dinnertime

have something good ..... I have a fruit smoothie that I am drinking ... Smile

aaah, a smoothie would be a good idea, I settled for some water, wasn't in the mood to make me something yet

this is what I am drinking ....

http://www. nakedjuice.com

I started drinking this last summer ... It is very good ....

: drool :
that looks so good!
we have a couple of smoothie bars in town and I really like drinking them!
I have a blender, so I could make my own smoothie, but the bananas aren't ripe yet (I like bananas in my smoothie)

Was emailing in the meantime with my pregnant friend - we had to go to a birthday party last Saturday and everyone kept telling her she became 'fatter' in her face, so she feels pretty fat now (and believe me, she really isn't!)

love bananas ... and you are right, they must be ripe or they taste yucky ....

I am sorry those mean people hurt your friends feelings . People are expected to gain weight when pregnant, but it will go away after she has the baby ... All pregnant women go through a phase where they feel like they are as big as a house ... I don't think there is anything that youcan do to convince her she is not huge once she gets the idea in her head ...

Maybe tell her that yes, you have gained a bit of weight becasue of the pregancy, but they are ugly and you can lose weight ..... Smile

hannahbananaa wrote:
just want to say that Toulouse's avatar is absolutely adorable!!!

Thanks hannah!

TanyaRC wrote:
love bananas ... and you are right, they must be ripe or they taste yucky ....

I am sorry those mean people hurt your friends feelings . People are expected to gain weight when pregnant, but it will go away after she has the baby ... All pregnant women go through a phase where they feel like they are as big as a house ... I don't think there is anything that youcan do to convince her she is not huge once she gets the idea in her head ...

Maybe tell her that yes, you have gained a bit of weight becasue of the pregancy, but they are ugly and you can lose weight ..... Smile

Yeah I don't like bananas when they're not ripe and they are an extra to me in the smoothie, I could just make one with OJ and apples, but that's not the same.

Yeah she gained weight where she had to gain weight you know? but she really isn't fat, and like you said, there's no way in convincing her. But I do love your argument! Am going to try that the next time : D

love fruit drinks . I have been wondering about getting a juicer ... Still doing some research on it .. I don't need another "thing" in my kitchen that I am not going to use ...

oh hey, did I tell you she asked me to take photos of the newborn? Her boyfriend asked me again this weekend and they asked me what I wanted in return, so I said: nothing, see it as a gift from me to you guys
(but am guessing they won't leave it at that!)

is a juicer nearly the same as a blender? I only use it for my smoothies to be honest

You told me about the pictures .. I am excited for you . It sounds like a great way to be involved ..

A juicer extracts the juice from the food and leaves most of the pulp or fiber behind .. The drink produced is not as thick as something that has been in a blender. I hardly ever use my blender. or my breadmaker ... or my rice cooker ....

I'm glad I get involved like that, but am afraid I'll be too nervous or something and I might ruin the pictures, so am going to practice a little again (it's been a long time since I've used my camera)

Aha, so that would be more appropriate to use.. But I am guessing I might not use it quite often. We were thinking of giving Mom a breadmaker a couple of years ago and still want to do so, but she always says she thinks she will use it in the beginning, but then it will slowly stop. She was most happy with her coffee maker (not a regular one)

The secret to making pictures ... imo ... is to make a lot of them. Don't expect ot get the perfect shot in one take .. Your friends will love what you do ..

The breadmaker is cool for about the first month ..... then it just takes up counter space .. The one that I have used to be my Grandmothers .. She gave it to me because she never used it ..

Coffee makers are always good things because you make coffee all the time now .... My mom would be lost without her coffee maker.

I'll probably make a lot of them, just to make sure a couple of them are good congratulations I should be used to it already, because I know every technical thing about photography, but I haven't photographed babies yet.

Aha see, so it wouldn't be such a great idea to get her a breadmaker. I think I would love one, I love self made bread (especially with raisins)

just have fun with it ... I love the baby pictures with angel wings on the child .. Have you seen those??

A breadmaker is fun for a while, but the new wears off quickly . I think it is partly because we want instant gratification ... It takes a while to make bread and by the time it gets made we are off on something else ...

linyao10.png

Oh yes I do! I have angel wings, so that would be a great idea, thank you!
I was going to try to get them in a photo studio nearby, but they already have plans like that.. I must look for a sheep rug, those are also cute!

BF and I love to make bread together, he has a breadmaker (his Dad bought it years ago and left it when he moved out), we don't do it often, but we always enjoy it

You are welcome ..... another fav picture, but it might not work for when the child is born, is the child laying in a basket of easter grass ....

I think that you just explained it ... it is a treat to make bread with BF because you don't get to do it often .... How much does he use it when you are not around ??

that is adorable .... but .. and maybe this is a stupid comment , so I am sorry ..... remember to chose age appropriate pictures for the baby .... Sorry if that is stating the obvious .... the picture you posted is not a newborn pose .... ( don't mean to insult your abilities ... )

Hey Tanya, look up at your post on the top ^^ !

The baby's due for the mid of May, but I think we could do an easter theme when it's 1 year old or something (sorry for calling it 'it', I still have no idea about the sex)

He doesn't use it much actually, but I am guessing next time I'll go to his place, we'll be making one : D (he's coming over this weekend, yay!)

oh you're not insulting me, those are just a couple of ideas I'm having at the moment, probably for when it's a bit older ; ) Don't want them to think I'll only be taking photos when it's newly born, I want to do that later on too

TanyaRC wrote:
just have fun with it ... I love the baby pictures with angel wings on the child .. Have you seen those??

A breadmaker is fun for a while, but the new wears off quickly . I think it is partly because we want instant gratification ... It takes a while to make bread and by the time it gets made we are off on something else ...

linyao10.png

Awwww ... Thanks Stephanie !! You are a sweetie !!

BG .... Thanks for telling me ..... Smile I might have missed it .... congratulations

I think that it is wonderful that you are such a good photographer .. Just don't let that be the focus of every visit with your friend, or you may start dreading going to ser her and her family..

It is completley appropriate when the mom won't tell ou what it is going to be ...

Yaaa .... time with the BF !! How far apart do you live??

BG .... if you look at the topic feed to the left, Stephanie is having a contest for chatty people ..... She just pops in on random threads and does that .... Such a sweet idea !!

TanyaRC wrote:
BG .... Thanks for telling me ..... Smile I might have missed it .... congratulations

I think that it is wonderful that you are such a good photographer .. Just don't let that be the focus of every visit with your friend, or you may start dreading going to ser her and her family..

It is completley appropriate when the mom won't tell ou what it is going to be ...

Yaaa .... time with the BF !! How far apart do you live??

You're welcome Smile

Oh I know, I'm not going to make a habit of it, don't worry. I just know they'll appreciate it and that they can always ask for me to take photos if they want to.

We live about 80kms apart from each other (I think it's about 50 miles?), it's about a one hour drive by car. We met because of a mutual friend and started chatting online and well... from one thing came another. Cannot believe we're together for 9 years this summer.

TanyaRC wrote:
BG .... if you look at the topic feed to the left, Stephanie is having a contest for chatty people ..... She just pops in on random threads and does that .... Such a sweet idea !!

I think it's awesome!! This forum is much more fun to hang around! Others are a bit... don't know how to say, but you notice there's quite some distance

wow .... 9 years .... that is a long time .... One hour apart is not so bad ... But I think that we think of distances different than you do .. Did he get his drivers license? I know we were talking about it the other day, but I can't remember why ...... my sometimers disease ..congratulations

I agree ... This forum is so much nider than the other .. I was very impressed when we first moved over here at how welcome they made us feel ..

I got a new leprachaun plushie ..... Yaaaaaa .... congratulationscongratulations

One hour isn't really bad, and even though I had a rough time in the beginning when we were a couple (you know, you want to be with each other every moment of the day), it's worked out for us. I don't feel suffocated and we're both free to do what we want (keeping the other in mind though).

He's still taking classes for his license, he's able to get his temporary license this Friday, but since he's coming over, he'll be doing that next week. Then he can drive alone for a certain period and he has to do an exam after.

I have to agree, they really gave us a warm welcome and I still appreciate it. I think it's a cosy place to hang out. It took some time getting used to, but I completely forgot about the other forum and I never go there anymore.

Yay for the leprachaun plushie!!!
What do you think of the new items?

I am glad that it has worked out for you ..

brb ..... kitty sick ....

whewww .... not nearly as bad as it sounded ..... kitty and hairballs ..... I will say no more ... congratulations

I am glad that he is getting his license . I am sure that it will make it easier on the two of you ..

I haven't been to the other forum in so long ... Everything that I need seems to be here .. I do miss some of the people that we lost .. It is harder for us "Americans" to find people on in our early evening ...

I spoke to Jamie/Starla Sat Night ... she is back at work and doing better. She can't get in here for some reason .. It goes to a white page whenever she tries ...

Oh yes, kitties and hairballs, don't remind me : D
Our kitties went nuts today, as it is finally getting warmer, so they kept asking to go outside, then get back inside and so on. Now we have a special door we can keep open for them, so they can run in and outside whenever they want!

Yeah he is quite excited, he has a lot of lessons this week, but I think that's for the best. Just hoping he practices enough! I got mine very quick and have to say I'm glad I have it!

I see what you mean, I miss a lot of people too and wonder how they all are, I still hope they'll find their way here too. Oh poor Jamie, I hope that gets solved soon!

love the pet doors ... I used to let my inside cats go on the back porch ... it is screened so they can't get out .. but can't anymore because since the weather was so cold I let the outdoor cats on the proch to try to keep them warm .....

Now he is going to want to drive everywhere !!! congratulations I can remember getting my license ... The only thing that kept me out of the car was money for gas .... Smile

I wish that I knew how to help Jamie ... I have been wondering ... I may ask her if she will give me her password and see if I can get it to work .. Don't know how to address these problems ?? An ideas??

I like the new shamrock stuff, but amnot crazy aboutt he tree stuff ... I have seen it used very nicely in one house .. it looked like a tree house room ....

Hi and Bye BG................I'll keep your martini chilled for you

Hey Tanya - how are you ? I'm not keen on this weeks items are you ? Mind you green is really not my colour at all congratulations

I am good .....

I am just glad that it is not all pink ...... I am not a pink everywhere kind of girl .....

Wish Fairy wrote:
TanyaRC wrote:
Hi wish ...... Did you leave already??

LOL....no I'm right here Smile

ha ha ha .......

funny .... it doesn't show you online here ..... hmmmmm r u being sneaky ??

TanyaRC wrote:
I am good .....

I am just glad that it is not all pink ...... I am not a pink everywhere kind of girl .....

Hehe ...nor me but my pet likes pink (she is the Anti-sharon Laughing )

Not online ? Oh, that's weird.....

I arrived just before I posted - I was just updating the Registry list with this weeks items - so expensive !!

nope .... you are not onlie as far as i can see .... I am here alone .....

I saw your list ..... wow .... that is a lot of coins ....Especially with the clearance in the lux shop this week .... Sad

What is going to happe to our 4999's ???

I get tired of pink in Precious's house .... She is a RED kind of girl ..... 8)

TanyaRC wrote:
nope .... you are not onlie as far as i can see .... I am here alone .....

I saw your list ..... wow .... that is a lot of coins ....Especially with the clearance in the lux shop this week .... Sad

What is going to happe to our 4999's ???

I get tired of pink in Precious's house .... She is a RED kind of girl ..... 8)

It is...and normally I trade my 4999 for IS coins, so it's cheaper (8k coins = 1x4999) ...but of course, no-one selling IS coins at that rate right now Sad