Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

March Chat Part III

Great work on the Triathlon Kijo, the only change I can think of is to absolutely spell it out that the Scavenger Hunt pics MUST be taken in the live game, not the database - it's clear, but just in case?

I'm around, but finally the heating engineer is coming to fix our heating, so if I don't reply, you know why.

Morning my loon

Cheer cheer now your all warm congratulations

Hello Boogs darlin'

How are you?

Sorry I haven't been around, haven't had time to change Zoonie or do more than about 5 visits - it's been all go -
and our YD came home for Mother's Day which was lovely, she was really sweet.

Oh and ironically, now the heating's fixed, the sun's come out and it's really nice outside, only a tiny bit cold, but really getting spring-like!

I saw that she had been home congratulations and sweet congratulationscongratulationscongratulations

I know its so nice to see the sun Smile

any news of the woods?

No,no news - I sent an email last week and the surveyor said he'd chase up the legal department, but nothing back, not as yet. They're really dragging their feet aren't they.

I had popped in to see YD at work last week, the day I got my new glasses and lenses.
What was interesting on Sunday is that she's described her last few years as 'being mad' and said, oh well, at least I got it all out of my system and over and done with by the time I got to early 20s!
(bit of an understatement that) and she also reminisced about her birthday last year (21st) and said it was the best birthday of her life and how much she enjoyed it.
We agreed we get on so much better when we don't live under the same roof.

BTW has Frannie been around? is she still away?

awww that is sweet Gill!!!

Yes the weather here has been GORGEOUS the past couple of days, I am hoping I can escape to Flordia this weekend, but my fate lies in the hands of some girl at work, so we shall see.

I am tired..... ready to get off and head to bed!!!

So nice to see you and her getting on so well my loon, perhaps she has finally grown up, hows her job? and did she ditch the horrid boyfriend?

Frannie gets back wednesday night, she does pop in but she is finding it hard as she cannot get her lappy to work so using her bothers comp.

Hi Kijo when will you know if you can get away?

She told me she would let me know Wednesday..... so here is hoping!!!!!!!!!

Gosh I hope I can sleep well too, I think DST has gotten me a little lost in time and space..... o__o

Boogs you got 2000 IS coins to spent in PS from the hunt, what would you like???

bogie wrote:
So nice to see you and her getting on so well my loon, perhaps she has finally grown up, hows her job? and did she ditch the horrid boyfriend?

Frannie gets back wednesday night, she does pop in but she is finding it hard as she cannot get her lappy to work so using her bothers comp

Thanks for the update on Frannie, Boogs.

Yes, she's got such a responsible job now, and training to do other roles too - you'd never have thought it at all, but she's really matured (and I think fallen on her feet)
Fingers crossed, touch wood and all that, I *think* the awful one is finally gone. She says she's single, and although I'm not her friend on FB, I did a quick look at what I can see and it says Single and also he's not on her friend list any more.

I hope she can cover for you Kijo x

I only play the hunt for fun you help keep my brain alive trying to figure them out Smile so please give the coins to another entrant.

Whoop Whoop he's gone from her life Gill congratulations hoooray, no wonder she is doing so well congratulations

Have you eaten enough Kijo?
*worry worry*

I'm just opening boxes at the G/R - wow there're a lot of items again this week!

I keep meaning to check the reg and keep forgetting Ashamed

I also need to send you some tws for prizes

Will send some stuff a bit later on

inu-kijo wrote:
3 minutes

congratulations counting down it must be time now so get home and get some rest

Yes, you must look after yourself Kijo!

Thanks Boogaloo. I need to make time to do some visits and to type stuff up too.

I will wait for the update on the reg then send some stuff over then.

See you soon

hey guys
meant to be here sooner, but when I got home, I drove along with Mom to the Dr's so she wouldn't be there alone

Hi BG, that was nice of you Smile

Boogs - phew, am so grateful that Wish did the list!
Have updated and put the gifts out in Kitty's first two rooms.

I've had a message from Missy - could we keep her a set to purchase as she's away, I'll bet she has no idea how expensive it is this week!!!

Yeah I figured, she accompanies me every time I have to go to the hospital or to the RA dr, so it was the least I could do for her.

She has pills now, finally, so all we can do is hope they help. She also has to make appointments for X-rays and and MRI and in the worst case scenario she needs surgery.

Pfft, she can go in for an x-ray all days, but has to go beginning of June for the MRI, now that is SAD!

Yes, that's a long wait - what's wrong with her BG?

she hurt her arm about 6 weeks ago... the dr thinks the capsule of shoulder might be torn (then again, worst case scenario, if this is the case, she needs surgery), it could be the muscle too, but they can't tell by just feeling, so she's going to the hospital tomorrow for the x-rays and just hope she won't be needing that MRI after all

Ouch!
I know from experience that the shoulder's a tricky joint to heal. Wish her well from all of us, wont you.

Re PS, I hate that you can't see who you already visited anymore.

I will, thanks!

You can see it by the money bags that disappear, but I thought it was much better if the color changed... There are a couple of things they changed in a negative way, other things are positive (like the subfolders in the chest)

Be back in a bit, lunch is ready

I have to go for a while too.
I only just realised after I typed that the money bag goes! DOH!

Be back later on

Hey BG....we always seem to arrive at the same time :-)

How was your day ?
The weather is AMAZING here ...a bit chilly but SO sunny ..I'm rather afraid that this signifies another rubbish summer for the UK Laughing

Hey Wish!
How are you?

Already had a long day, it was fine all in all. Have the day off tomorrow (yay for that), but will be spending an uncertain amount of time in the hospital tomorrow with Mom (she has to get x-rays of her shoulder/arm and I'm accompanying her, so Dad can do some housework).

We have about the same weather! I stayed outside a bit this afternoon in the sun, with no coat on! It was about 14°C and very very nice! Now I'm freezing, very strange.

Toulouse wrote:
Hey Wish!
How are you?

Already had a long day, it was fine all in all. Have the day off tomorrow (yay for that), but will be spending an uncertain amount of time in the hospital tomorrow with Mom (she has to get x-rays of her shoulder/arm and I'm accompanying her, so Dad can do some housework).

We have about the same weather! I stayed outside a bit this afternoon in the sun, with no coat on! It was about 14°C and very very nice! Now I'm freezing, very strange.

Ahh you had an early class right ?
Be nice if the weather was good for your time off - do you have anything planned ? I'm SO hot right now as I just got back from a very long dog walk congratulations

Gosh you mentioned your mum last night before I left - I hope her shoulder will be fine. Send your Dad over here after he's finished your housework please LaughingLaughing

Good Afternoon, sorry I missed Army and Paige earlier.

Thanks for the cheer up BG Smile and Wish, thanks again for doing the list, that was a real godsend today.

The weather's turned nice because we got our heating fixed today rofl.

Zoonie wrote:
Good Afternoon, sorry I missed Army and Paige earlier.

Thanks for the cheer up BG Smile and Wish, thanks again for doing the list, that was a real godsend today.

The weather's turned nice because we got our heating fixed today rofl.

Hi Gill...no problem for the list. I can usually find a bit of time to get that done (it's the OCD in me Laughing )

just trading brb

Sorry me sweets, I had to go outside (hands are officially blue from the cold now) help Dad out with replacing the greenhouse.

Indeed, I had a really early class, same for next Tuesday, but I don't mind, as I have a lot of time afterwards to do something fun.
I was glad I was able to go outside, I could feel the vitamin D I was missing for months now! And so much fun to see the cats enjoy some heath!

Lol, I'll ask him to come over, I have no idea what he has planned for tomorrow (there's a dead peach tree that needs to be removed)

@ G: you're welcome hon, I feel bad you're having so much difficulties

Aaaw don't worry it's just one of those times when it never rains but it pours, you know?

It's been much warmer here now, and yes, it certainly makes you feel better.

Now, seeing as Wish's trading, I better get the bar open!
We're on the white wine, but 'virtually' anything can be served ROFL (that's an awful pun!)

Toulouse wrote:
Sorry me sweets, I had to go outside (hands are officially blue from the cold now) help Dad out with replacing the greenhouse.

Indeed, I had a really early class, same for next Tuesday, but I don't mind, as I have a lot of time afterwards to do something fun.
I was glad I was able to go outside, I could feel the vitamin D I was missing for months now! And so much fun to see the cats enjoy some heath!

Lol, I'll ask him to come over, I have no idea what he has planned for tomorrow (there's a dead peach tree that needs to be removed)

@ G: you're welcome hon, I feel bad you're having so much difficulties

I'm with you BG....earlier the better for me as long as there is time in the afternoon to do something good. I love to start my day early and then have a relaxing afternoon - my synapses are not 100% functioning by 3.30pm so I'm not so productive as I am at 7am congratulations

Aww dead peach tree Sad I have a dying cherry tree too - must do something with it this year, it has canker or some kind of thing that can only be treated with nemotodes ...and anyway the birds eat all the cherries so it has to go Sad

@ Gill- my dining room is going the same way as your bathroom still not finished - the guys who laid the wooden floor have left a gap and have to come back before the wallpapering is done and the furniture can be delivered.

BRB - trading now.

Zoonie wrote:
Aaaw don't worry it's just one of those times when it never rains but it pours, you know?

It's been much warmer here now, and yes, it certainly makes you feel better.

Now, seeing as Wish's trading, I better get the bar open!
We're on the white wine, but 'virtually' anything can be served ROFL (that's an awful pun!)

since the sun's finally starting to shine outside, it also has to shine in a figure way of speech, there's been too much rain lately!

aaah, white wine, my fav!
(even though in RL I'm going to get myself some hot tea or cocoa)

Wish Fairy wrote:
I'm with you BG....earlier the better for me as long as there is time in the afternoon to do something good. I love to start my day early and then have a relaxing afternoon - my synapses are not 100% functioning by 3.30pm so I'm not so productive as I am at 7am congratulations

Aww dead peach tree Sad I have a dying cherry tree too - must do something with it this year, it has canker or some kind of thing that can only be treated with nemotodes ...and anyway the birds eat all the cherries so it has to go Sad

@ Gill- my dining room is going the same way as your bathroom still not finished - the guys who laid the wooden floor have left a gap and have to come back before the wallpapering is done and the furniture can be delivered.

BRB - trading now.

I can't get out of bed early, but I knew I had to get out this morning or I would be too late for class and really couldn't miss it, because there was no other time for me to go. But I did notice I'm more productive in the morning and evening, then in the afternoon, bizarre!

It's been dead for a while, but we haven't had the chance to get rid of it. We have a new one already I think. Dad bought a lot of new trees, but the middle height. We have a lot of fruit trees (but really big ones) and I am really looking forward to when they start bearing fruit. (we also have a cherry tree, but we never have the chance to enjoy it for a long time because of birds and wasps)

We have a little cherry tree and the birds always get to the fruit before we do too!

We have three dead trees and three dead bushes, they're in a bed in the front garden that we've nicknamed 'The Grave' - nothing seems to thrive there.
Not quite sure what to do with it really.

Ok back - Gill , you opened the bar. I'm having a G&T please to celebrate Spring (or some other excuse)

BG - you know, we have a lot of fruit trees too, but the previous owners of our house didn't look after them properly and they are all suffering terribly. Which upsets me because the fruit is practically inedible.

Gill - tell me about the C&G triathlon I was reading about ??
I trialled a "Come Dine with me " contest at the other forum with some success and I'd like to run one here. I have some GREAT prizes

Tell me Wish - have you ever tried Blackwoods Vintage Dry Gin? It's my favourite (if you haven't look at blackwoodsgin.com. It's a beautiful colour too, unlike the disappointingly clear Bombay Sapphire congratulations

Kijo and Tanya are doing all the work for the Triathlon, there's a Scavenger Hunt, a Name the Difference and a Room comp (I think) to kind of sample the games we do here and perhaps attract a few new recruits.

Forgot to say - hard luck with the dining room, we can cry on each others' shoulders.

By the way, we've ordered a new cooker Smile