Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xPink.Pixel.Princessx

make-Up Geeks

Ok so i know most of you dont wear makeup but this thread is for the makeup obsessed people like me.
I love my makeup and i coudnt go one day without it, So iv decided to make a thread where people can post thinks like:
Tutorials - Wether it be your own or someone elses
Pictures of you with your makeup
Your own design's
make-up inspiration pictures
Hair tutorials - Wether it be your own or someone elses
Your make-up collection

and other things to do with makeup and hair.

This thread probably wont be used much but id love to share with you some make-up tips and design's that i love to use.....even tho you dont need them

So if you have any good tutorials....Make-up advice.... Good make-up deals(bargins etc) or anything else you want to share with us then feel free because im always up for trying new styles of make-up and hair.

Thanks and have fun

My daughter wanted to be poison ivy from Batman for this past Halloween so here is a pic of the inpiration photo and my daughter's makeup (unfortunately the makeup doesn't show up in the picture as well as it did in person)

oh please sarah! help me with make ups, i dunno what is good for me>.<
this is a very good topic, becuz i don't really put make up on my face except lately I started putting on blush on, lipshiner,lipstick,eyeliner XD

I kinda like liquid for base than powders.but i dunno which one is really good for me.

and i like japanese or korean style of makeup but i just dunno which is better for me.or what u think is best to use?maybe u can help me?>.<

mimimouse wrote:
I kinda like liquid for base than powders.but i dunno which one is really good for me.

It all depends on your skin type. if you have oily skin, powder is definitely a better option. The oil in your skin will help it stay on.

Personally i like that mousse stuff. I use maybelline dream matte, it stays on like a liquid but doesnt cake unless you use way too much. If you don't like that, try a good mineral powder.
Just make sure you get the colour that matches or is nearest to your natural skin colour because if you...your face tends to be a diffrent colour to the rest of your body and i tell you now.....Its not pretty Smile

mimimouse wrote:
and i like japanese or korean style of makeup but i just dunno which is better for me.or what u think is best to use?maybe u can help me?>.

I just love the japanese style eyes....They are so cute looking.Im in love with the animee eye look which i just love to do.Im not sure what colour eyes you have so i have put a list of diffrent colours that go well with diffrent eye colours Smile Ill post some korean and japanese tutorials that i think may work for you, so you can try them out.

Blue eyes
taupe, gray, violet, purple, deep blue (a darker shade than your eye color makes your eyes really blue), black (mix it with bright blue for a smoky effect)

Green or Hazel Eyes
brown, apricot, purple, plum, deep khaki or forest green (because they are in the same greenish family, they brighten green eyes)...gold, lime-green, really light green, bright purple

Brown Eyes
copper, bronze, champagne (soft pink with a touch of apricot), brown (for a doe-eyed look), beige, and khaki-green (lighter shades add highlight) tangerine, royal blue, hot pink, lime-green (the contrast adds punch to brown)

Colours that work with any coloured eyes:
navy or charcoal base to define and a powder-blue shadow for highlighting (it brightens your brow bone so any eye color pops) silver-sparkle shadow makes all eyes look edgy.

you can also use a make-up colour wheel if you want to see more colours.
Just make sure you use colours that match with eachother else you could end up looking like a clown

I am not a make-up expert...even tho i really wish i was but i just love makup and love to give my opinion and tell people what i know

This is a really good Natural japanese tutorial which i have actually used myself a long long time ago.
Its not to over the top so you wont have to use alot of diffrent products and its really easy to do.

I think it would look really good on you.
You can use fake eyelashes aswell but my eyelashes are long so i dont need them. A cheaper option would be to use a lenghtning mascara and more to the outer side of your lashes(if you know what i mean)
Oh and remember to use really soft colours on your lips....Lipgloss is better then lipstick in my opinion.(Did you know....Lipstick is made from whale skin?? gross huh) Smile

whoah so cool!^_^ thank you sarah.I'm using maybelline clear smooth gel foundation for my start, but i will try the mousse u were saying ^_^

mimimouse wrote:
Lipstick is made from whale skin? O.O i didnt know that

Sick but true. Some are made from fish scales aswell which is totally gross. I tend to stay away from lipsticks.
Most contain beeswax and squalene ( shark liver oil / olives ) and collagen from fish or plants. Some brands use lanolin ( oil from sheep's wool ).

To be fair most makeup is made from some kind of animal product...i tend not to think about it tho. Most people use mineral makeup which is made from natural, finely ground minerals from the earth, without any of the chemicals, dyes, and preservatives found in traditional makeup.

Great idea for a thread sweetie, I love trying new ideas for Make-up. I have Hazel eyes and just love plums, dark purple, brown and gold shadows....

Dawn, wonderful Job on your daughters make up for Halloween!! So pretty!

Wow!! I wish I didn't read the last post though! Wale Skin, Fish scales!! Yikes!! Thank goodness I love mineral make up!! I don't want to wear lipstick ever again!!

myladyyawo wrote:
I don't want to wear lipstick ever again!!

Woops...Sorry Sara. .
I have a whold bunch of lipsticks but they tend to stay in my draw until i really really need them.

To be quite honist, i dont really use mineral makeup much.

I use 120 pallette make-up from beauties factory. It has all the colours you could possibly need.
I got is from good old ebay . It was really cheap but its really good makeup and really pigmentated. The only bad thing about it is that you have to be really careful....becausae its soft makeup....when you out it down you have to do it carefully else youll end up with a broken pallette like i did HAHA.
I strongly reccomend it tho cause you only need a really tiny dab of it and it lasts for ever. You dont need to rub the brush on the shaddow like most eyeshaddows. congratulations .
Below is a picture of it....

MeganBoutique98 wrote:
Has anybody here ever tried the Coastal Scentes palletes?? x

I have used them before and still have the pallette in my draw but i dont use it much.

The only diffrences between them both is that:
1) 120 pallette is much cheaper.
2) Costal Scentes pallette only has 1 type of shaddow in it....Which means you have to by the both pallettes if you want to swap between shimmering and normal shaddows................Where is the 120 pallette has it all in 1. Normal, shimmering and matte. It also has mosaic shaddows in there as you can see from the picture i posted earlier.

lol wow that is lovely. I'm not sure if you are aware of this though sweetie, is that most make-up actually has a 3 month time from opening it before bacteria can start to grow (or some reason like that lol) Thats why you are always supposed to clean your brushes after use. I don't think I could get my money worth of that huge thing in that amount of time lol. My main colors are gold or plum for my eyes, a medium blush and nude(pinky/brown) lip gloss... So I don't tend to switch colors that much.

myladyyawo wrote:
lol wow that is lovely. I'm not sure if you are aware of this though sweetie, is that most make-up actually has a 3 month time from opening it before bacteria can start to grow (or some reason like that lol) Thats why you are always supposed to clean your brushes after use. I don't think I could get my money worth of that huge thing in that amount of time lol. My main colors are gold or plum for my eyes, a medium blush and nude(pinky/brown) lip gloss... So I don't tend to switch colors that much.

Yeh i heard about that 3 month thing but to be honist.... I have had my 120 pallette for just over a year now and i have it stored in little air tight pots so bacteria cant get to it as much as it would have if i left it in the pallette.

I always make sure my brushes are clean cause it really freaks me out if they aint.
If anyone needs a tutorial or advice on how to keep your brushes clean and soft then just message me and ill tell you how i do it HEHE.

My main colours are pinks, silver and sometimes a medium brown colour...I love combining pink with silver tho cause it just looks so pretty Laughing ...But
I always do my makeup before i get dressed tho cause if not...i end up having to take my makeup off and re-do it to match my clothes