Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marvin

My real life PIF!

A lot of the C&G members were once a part of a thread called PIF. Pay It Forward. The rules were simple. If you received a gift from someone the giver expected nothing back. All you had to do was gift someone some day down the road when you could. The idea of PIF had been around for a long time before that. But seeing it in action on this thread always made my heart warm.

Yesterday I found out that the much needed dental work I was about to have done was not fully covered by my insurance. & the amount I needed to pay out of pocket was a frightening number. I was talking to the receptionist about a payment plan but I knew there was no way I could afford what they wanted every month. It just wasn't in my budget. For years I have been fighting my teeth. Always in pain followed by painful work which never lasts. Round & round. The work I'm having done will finally put an end to that! Knowing that I couldn't afford it crushed me. I went back to have my exam done & to see about doing the usual work yet again. I was coming back out a few minutes later & as the woman who had been sitting in the waiting room passed me she handed me a bracelet with a smile & said "Don't pay it back. Pay it forward to someone else however you can, whenever you can." & walked away. I didn't understand until the receptionist told me that my dental work was paid 100% in advance!

I can not thank this woman enough! I have a real life angel & I can't wait to PIF! Seeing this happen in real life after seeing it online for so long is amazing! It reminded me of all of you & all of the wonderful things I've been able to be a part of because of all of you so I thought I would share!

The bracelet from my RL angel! I can't wait to pass it on to someone else! <3

Wow... That is the best thing that i have ever heard... You were very lucky and this woman is truly an angel... This actually made me believe again in the kindness of people... Smile
And of course I wish you good luck with your teeth work. You're amazingly lucky

OMG Sylvi, wow.

Yes, we all met on P.I.F. and it does make you smile and warm your heart.

What happened to you is absolutely amazing, and I'm so, so pleased for you. You get that warm feeling twice over, now - because of her kindness, and later on when you get chance to make the same kind of difference to someone else's life.

Best of luck with the work, that'll be the third warm feeling when you know your teeth are going to be ok for a long time to come

Wow, what an amazing story! Good things happen to good people!!

truly truly amazing sylvi! thank you so much for sharing your story with us. it helps me to believe that there are still genuinely good people out there still!
wow!!

This is one of the nicest stories I've heard in a long, long time...how fabulous for you Sylvi, I hope that all goes well

wow.... how very nice for you. Can't wait to hear the end of this, how you pay it forward for someone else!

OMG. that story has made me cried......
I am so happy for you Sylvi!!!!

But angels are out there everywhere, just when you think there is no hope, they come and grant you life again!!!

OMG reading your story gave me shivers down my spine.

What a great story and I'm so happy that stuff like that still happens (not very often). You are great person and I' so happy for you.
I will look forward to hearing your PIF story.

Good luck with your dental work!

I truly needed to hear a positive story and I than you from the bottom in my heart.

thanks so much for sharing this.I have seen some people do amazing things and not expect anything in return on here and in real life.It is the way life should be everywhere.

I appreciate this story of kindness more than you know!

Really Amazing ....so cool. I'm very happy about this story Sylvi - thanks for sharing :-)

wow your own personal angel in RL!! Smile hello sylvi its nice to see you again dk if you remember me i was I<3CHOCOLATE! on tof pretty sure i used to chat a bit with you at c&g Smile