Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

The Drop In and Say Hi Thread

hello everyone! Am doing absolutely nothing of importance today! sounds good, doesn't it?

Sounds great to me Frannie, Hello btw - was called upon to go and make the decorator some tea.

will be doing visits until my computer overheats.. see you later

PS decorator is doing outside and poor man, he's cleaning out our guttering and resealing leaky joints - it's a terribly stinky job, some of the gutters have been really clogged up with leaves and all sorts.

I don't really envy him Zoonie

How are you yourself?

Hiya Bee, thought I was on my own.

I don't envy him at all, it's a job I do myself sometimes and it's foul.

I'm not too good, stomach cramp time, and I'm worn out, just can't wait to have no one around and to try and gather my strength back again.
Am getting my hair cut and blow dried next Monday and that will be lovely too, I look like a crusty camper of late lol.
How about you?

Just stepping out for a wee while, been called (again!)

So sorry to hear that - new haircut will make you feel better and it might help with on the inside too (I hope).

I'm doing good - still tired due to lack of sleep as I'm waking up at 5 am with the light that gets in my window through ill fitting blinds Sad

I'm kind of still on a cloud 9 so that keeps me going (not sure if you seen the post on my fb page about my 15 seconds of fame).

Spend the weekend at home - tons of laundry and then tons of ironing but it had to be done. I have (yet again) reorganised most the shelves in my wardrobe (I really need to get a life Laughing ).

But I'm not going to complain - things could be worse.

I've seen your fame now Bee, lol - I looked at the pic and couldn't make out the naughty bits!

Sounds like I'm trying to go one better than you, but I've been waking at 4am due to the light and the birds singing...we have very heavy curtains, but the light's shining over the top...I couldn't fit any inside the window recess, because that'd block too much light during the day.
In all the years we've been here, I don't remember it being so light, so early...nice for IMOM getting up and going to work though.
I probably can't sleep well due to having a lot on my mind too, that never helps does it.

I'm sure all your reorganising and tidying is going to stand you in good stead as life kicks off again

From the picture they posted there you can't really see what the fuss is about - you need to look really close on the full size statue to see it (or check Jonathan Yeo's website he's got pictures of similar "leaves" there).

Yeah having lots on your mind is not helping with sleep at all - did you try to listen some calming music before bed? That sometimes help.

As for the light days - next week is summer solstice and then days will be getting shorter again so in few months we'll be getting up in dark again Sad
time flies so fast

It certainly does go in no time - can't believe how soon the days will be shortening again, after waiting such a long, hard winter for the summer to come!
I've read about Jonathan's work before, not really my kind of thing, I can't see the need, but it takes all sorts I guess lol.

See you later Bee xxx

So sorry Bee I had to rush off in a hurry.

Good News - finally all the carpet fitting is finished - although some of the spare carpet should have been bound for rugs and they still have to do that.

Bad News - despite us saying mind the front door and step - they're newly varnished, we now have trainer footprints on the door step and a big black hand print on the white wall of our guest room!!!

I could swear. Seriously. It's lucky I don't have any weapons, that's all I can say Mad

I'm signing off guys to watch the World Cup - my oh my the weather looks appalling for the Italy -v- Paraguay match!

Just thought i would say hi today and hope everyone has a great week.
I will be leaving Florida for home Wednesday so i am very happy!!

anyone? It's freshly brewed

I guess the coffee didn't work today - I will be lurking while working in case anyone signs in

still no-one around? OK I'm off to lunch then
might try to check in here bit later

Just a quick note, not staying (sorry)

am very... very exhausted, today's exam was open book, but very hard and intensive, I'm having a hard time concentrating and whatnot, so will just rest this afternoon. 2 more (tough) exams to go, will be glad when this is over and when summer break starts...

I also ordered money for my trip yesterday, I can pick it up when I go to the hairdresser, day after last final (no connection between bank and hairdresser, only that they're really close to each other), gonna make a meds list for Dad so he can get prescriptions and whatnot and absolutely do nothing as I am... I think zombie would fit in best

I hope you are all well
(hugs)

So sorry to hear that BG and good luck with remaining exams

I'm trying to book my ticket to go and see my sister at the end of August

Aaagh had a power cut today, was on FB/PS earlier and then when I wanted to log on here, zilch!

If I suddenly disappear again, you'll know why! Sad

No one around right now, so I need to go and be a kitchen slave

xxx

Just checking in ... been a blah week for me, I got some bad medical news on Friday so I'm trying to keep my head up until I can go in for more testing. Send positive vibes my way!

I'm so bummed, it's my one week off from school and now I have this stressing me out ...

Oh, and my lovely kitty threw up on my cable box so now I have no TV in the main room! I just have the small TV in my bedroom/office. She loves to sleep on the box and I knew this kind of thing would happen one day.

Hope everyone is well .... Hugs and kisses

just a note to say HI .... Hope that everyone is well and happy. I have had a wonderful weekend, well, my weekend, getting ready to go back to work tomorrow.

We had dinner with friends yesterday. Lots of fun and food was delish!! Tonight I grilled porkchops, made spinach, peas, and potatoes ...

Ready to start another work week. My training job will be over soon. I am looking forward to being a regular worker bee again.. congratulations

LOVE to you all!!

Hey guys

took the afternoon off yesterday, amazed how time flies when you get to do something else besides sitting with your nose in the books the entire time. Kijo suggested a lot of movies for me to watch, so took my time to watch one as well

I am really exhausted, I wish I could take the day off again, but I can't unfortunately.

That sounds nice BG - glad to hear you had nice time off.

Hi there Bee!
How are you?

yeah, was glad having a chance to do nothing, I enjoyed it!

I'm doing OK thanks.

Having problems with shower again - this time is cold water Sad

Yes it's nice to do nothing from time to time congratulations I think about it as battery re-charging time.

I think we should all do it more often than we do now but it's not always possible.

Ouch, showering with cold water - hate that!
I wish we would have running water today, they shut us down, so we have like a lot of water in bottles, buckets and whatnot. So strange how you can miss it so quick!

Hehe, true about the battery, I think I only needed more time then a half day ;-) So am counting down big time!

I think I would survive showering in cold water (especially in summer when it's hot) but it was cold water that was not running this morning - we only had hot water Mad

I had to wake up my house mate to let her know and she said she will call plumber this morning to try to get it sorted.

I had to use her "dry shampoo" for my hair.

The stranges thing about it all was that none of the cold water taps in bathroom had any water and the toilet was not flushing but the cold water tap in kitchen was working fine! Really strange

sorry, got a phone call from BF

yeah something strange going on there so it seems, hope it gets fixed soon!!

me too!

It's not that long ago since we had plumber in to sort out the shower Sad

I'm now waiting for confirmation e-mail regarding my flight booking to go home in August. I was paying for the ticket with bank transfer as it's cheaper than paying with bank/credit card (yes there are charging fees depending on how you pay for the ticket).

It's getting ridiculous - some of the charges. Yes there are taxes etc. but £26 for a suitcase? You can't go somewhere for 2 weeks and not take suitcase! Then if you want to check in at the airport - fee, if you want to book a particular seat - fee, if you paying with certain cards - fee (£6 per flight if using credit card).

Seems these days all they do is charge you for everything!
It is ridiculous, can't agree with you more

the days of cheap travelling are over even thought I can't really complain too much because I still paid less for my return flight to Prague that I would pay for single train journey within UK - that's getting so expensive too - it's cheaper to fly than to take train

So how are you getting on with your plans for your trip? I'm thinking of going to US sometime next year - would like to visit Frannie and Tanya and Kijo if I could

It's all getting really expensive, I think for the flight I am paying now, it's even the same I paid 10 years ago (we got a really good deal). I have no idea about the rest though, although traveling by Thalys train is really expensive (when I went skiing).

It's gonna be my first flight again since years and I am already quite nervous about it. I'm still not planning a lot, told the friend we're staying at needs to wait till after finals and hope to discuss a couple of things with Kijo and Tanya too after finals. Don't want to get too distracted with this already.

Of course not!

how many exams have you got left to do?

I still have 2 tough one left (one harder then the other), which are on June 22nd and June 23rd, two days in a row again... Always pretty exhausting. I am amazed by how tired I am these days, I think it's first in years

Hello Kijo

I will be thinking about you BG - senging lots of good luck and positive thoughts!

Yes I believe that it's very exhausting

Thanks Bee

Yeah I slept like 9hours straight and I still feel as if I can fall asleep just sitting here. Might take a nap in the afternoon (I always keep saying that, but never do it), but also go backpack hunting with Mom :-)

Oy with the poodles already! Morning Kijo :-D

read about your lovely hot showers Bee..... how fun

you know its funny, i usually take a shwoer when I get home in the mornings.... and thewater never stays very hot for long.... by the time I am conditioning my hair... the water is really cold.

took one last night around 6PM and the water stayed REALLLLY hot the whole time....... how crazy is that????

inu-kijo wrote:
read about your lovely hot showers Bee..... how fun

you know its funny, i usually take a shwoer when I get home in the mornings.... and thewater never stays very hot for long.... by the time I am conditioning my hair... the water is really cold.

took one last night around 6PM and the water stayed REALLLLY hot the whole time....... how crazy is that????

I think it depends on your hot water timer - if it's on in the evening than your water stays hot but if it's not on in the morning than it's not heating new water as you have shower and the hot water runs out quick

Well I can't complain about having "boring" life (well it really is boring but got little things to "spice" it up). Untill recently we had problems with hot water and not it's cold water turn

How are you today Kijo?

Toulouse wrote:
Thanks Bee

Yeah I slept like 9hours straight and I still feel as if I can fall asleep just sitting here. Might take a nap in the afternoon (I always keep saying that, but never do it), but also go backpack hunting with Mom :-)

Oy with the poodles already! Morning Kijo :-D

well if you stressed about you exams than your brain works "overtime" and that gets you body tired even though you don't do anything physically hard or demanding.

I am alright bee.... jsut trying to make it through til Friday morning, then I get a little reprieve.... pretty much working doubles 4 days in a row, getting the best of me at the moment...... just want to go home and sleep, but have a mornign shift today

inu-kijo wrote:
I am alright bee.... jsut trying to make it through til Friday morning, then I get a little reprieve.... pretty much working doubles 4 days in a row, getting the best of me at the moment...... just want to go home and sleep, but have a mornign shift today

OH NO! lots of hugs for you.
Do you have to work doubles? I hope the money for that is good. You got weekend off?

I'm bit confused now but you still got two jobs? One was in some hotel/BB right? (sorry my memory is not what is used to be Ashamed )

yes have 2 jobs now. both at hotels

usually not his bad, but I have Friday and Sturday and 1/2 sunday off..... so workign doubles to make up for it.

Hoping soon to be down to only one job again, its hard. but for now I had to.

How are you fitting in at your new home, are things better now for you???