Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

The Drop In and Say Hi Thread

Mmmm..I love all herbs too ..apart from Parsley. I used to HATE coriander as it tasted like eating soap ?! But I'm used to it now and am a fan !

Coriander seeds are ok, or ground, it's too much fresh - to me it's too metallic. bleurgh!

Got to go for a while Wish, grub's up! Smile

Wow, nice meal.

Am now watching Jamie in Athens, cooking kebabs on a roof top with a view of the Acropolis...fab!

jamie's still on, the scenery and the atmosphere are fantastic.

I love your new thread, am just too wilted to think straight - am on the Horlicks - bless!

LOL @ Horlicks..me too now (yawning) - am catching Jamie on CH4+1 ..but am flagging badly and have used the last remaining brain cells to share HR war stories with my friend about employees who are in Gender re-assignment. Not to mention my "Real Life" thread.

Exhausted...crashing very soon.

Lovely to spend the virtual evening with you - the first in a long time.
Good Luck with decorating and enjoy the rest of your week.
Hope to be around at weekend :-)

Lovely chatting with you over the evening too Wish.
I want to stay awake for the last of the Timothy Spall short series where he goes to sea with his wife, in a specially converted Dutch barge. I saw one of two and it was a great little half hour programme (this is a repeat, but it's all on I Player, I think it was BBC4)

I hadn't realised he's recovering from leukemia. He looks well and it's a nice relaxed 30 mins.

See you soon/ Take care xxx

I panicked when I couldn't find the chat thread, what with the new title and all ... I thought "where will I go to talk to myself tonight?" Hehhehe!!

This week has been so busy for me, normal work and school Monday and Tuesday, and then tonight after work I visited grandma in the hospital and we had a nice visit watching the Dodger (baseball) game on her little TV, then I went to my good friend's graduation party. She graduated with her four year degree this morning. I'm so jealous!!!!!!! Mad She keeps saying "you're right behind me."

I guess that's all I have to report for now. Ta-ta!

got me so confused with the different name

Just stopping by before the madness starts again - out external Tax Adviser is coming around today in preparation of one of our clients tax investigation by HMRC - that should be fun (not).

Hope there are good news about Tanya's kitty - I was thinking about both of them last night

Well it should be 21 degrees today but it's bit cloudy right now.
I hope you all have wonderfull and stress free day

Good Morning,

Sorry for the confusion lol, I changed the name as so few of us seem to be able to get together and 'chat' in real time these days.
I should've got up and come downstairs to see if you were here Mindy, when I couldn't sleep. Felt awful through most of the night, finally nodded off at 6.45 and boy that was the fastest half hour of the night!

Am having a pig of a day too, so far, more of that in a moment

Nice you got some time with your Grandma Mindy, and yes, your friend's right, in the big scheme of things you're almost there, but - at the time, it seems for ever!

Bee, it's absolutely baking hot here at the moment, but IMOM says it's gone from London already.
I'm waiting for YD to turn up, taking her out for lunch.

The decorators are here, but so far their 3 hours seems to have been more break time than getting down to some serious work

Horrid day involved a phone call at about 8am, ED was on her way to work and discovered that her wallet was missing, her bank and credit cards, her Oyster Card (travel card) and the flipping receipt for it - everything gone...what a panic.
She reckons it must've been stolen by someone on the bus after she got off the Tube last night - as obviously she used her Oyster Card to get on the bus.
It's a real carry on cancelling everything, not sure how she's getting on poor thing - horrible.

So - that's my day up to now.

Sorry my connection dropped and then I had to go and see the men - story of my life lol.
No sign of YD turning up or even calling...

Hello Paige honey, have you moved now? and is everything ok? You've been missed

Im in Queensland but we are still in temporary housing for the time being... we will finally be moving into our new house next week Smile the only problems are we have alot of renovating to do to it, we will only get our actual normal house internet back after another 2 weeks and we had to cancel our whole foxtel agreement which is going to cost us more money because its not available where we moved Sad

havent been on here in over a week . Ive been busy with a sose assignment , an extension maths assignment and an english poetry assignment along with general school work

have missed you all too

Wow you've been busy.

There's such a lot of messing about when you move, and renovating too...as you can tell, we're going through it too, and it's not much fun - and hardly any time at all for PS.
I haven't even logged in FB today, and the day's best part done for me!
Well, not really, but if YD ever turns up and we go out, there'll be no time today at all.

If
she turns up, that is!

Hi

I'm on the end of my lunch break and have just logged onto PS to collect the lottery and have a bit of scout around on there and then thought, because I miss you all very much, that I would scoot over he and grab a chair for a minute or two...

So's how's everyone? Hope YD turns up Gill, or at least has the decency to call and let you know what her plans are...*rolls eyes* kids hey?

Well, I've been busy here at work with end of year stuff and now preparing for our quality audit (which I hate) it's the worst part of my job, the quality admin!! And at home we're busy with one thing or other... supporting our neighbours with their trauma, kids and holiday plans and engagement party plans.

Wayne and Nat have their party on Saturday (22nd) and the weather forcast is for a lovely weekend and guess who's going to be in the kitchen all day Saturday? Yup! that'll be me then LOL.

OKeys gotta get back to it .. boss is back and hollering for attention.

xx

Nice catch up Dawn.

I'm STARVING - missed brekkie on account of going out for lunch - still no news at just gone 1pm. It's just too bad of her. And her phone just goes straight to voicemail.

Hope the weather does hold, it was lovely here earlier, really hot, as per the forecast, but now, much cooler and dull.

Might as well go and put an old shirt on, I'm sat here all dressed up with nowhere to go Sad

Catch you soon, hope the audit goes ok - that's both you and Bee under the cosh with outsiders for a wee while.

Stopping by to say hello :-)

Nothing much to share, it's been lovely outside (finally!!) and seems we're gonna have a beautiful weekend! Bummer my study-period starts this Saturday, BUT I've always been good at studying outside, so might do that and combine something fun with well... something less fun I guess :-D

Counting down towards surgery part 2, which is on June 1st. And counting down for best friend. She was due last Sunday, but still no baby, she had to go to the hospital for a couple of times, something with a monitor, but there's still no change. She has to go back next week, on Monday and then one of the next days they'll give her something that initiates the delivery. We all still hope the baby comes spontaneous, because I've been told by my friend and Mom that initiating is really painful.

Tomorrow is my last day of class, maybe ever. (I say maybe, because I still have plans, not sure about them yet, but I don't need to think about them yet) Kinda gives me a strange feeling, I think I'm gonna miss it all. But we're enjoying our last days, went to have lunch out with someone I got to know during these years and we became good friends and we are going to a chocolate bar tomorrow, our last day together (okay, there's still exams, but that's different). We've been taking a lot of fun pics, will do the same tomorrow.

And now... Dinner is served: yummy lasagna! Will try to stop by later!

Hello all! Hope everyone is well.

Did you get lunch in the end Gill? hope you have had a nice afternoon either way. The weather is lovely here so I went round the house flinging all the windows open when I got in! Feels much better with a bit of fresh air circulating. congratulations

Toulouse - sounds like you have everything planned out for the weekend. Make sure you get to enjoy some of it at least.

Will keep my fingers crossed for your friend that she goes into labour soon. When I had my little one, my waters broke on the Monday morning but nothing else happened! Think he decided he was too comfortable where he was! Laughing I had to be induced and it was painful but not unbearable. I got though it with just gas and air. I think it is sometimes thought to be more painful because full blown labour is brought on really quickly when you are induced and you don't have time to get used to the pain! Maybe if you go through a completely natural labour you build up a bit of a tolerance -depends on your pain thresholds I suppose! I hope all is well for them both and pretty soon she will have a lovely little baby to cuddle!!

Will try to pop back later. See you all soon. xxxxx

Aww no - did I miss Boo ?!!
Well that sucks.

Hi eveyone who's here. Just arrived home - must go and feed my poor pooches who have been home alone since I left at 7a,m :-( I am a rubbish parent !
BRB - BG / Gill - if you 're here, please have wine waiting for me when I come bacK - thx

Hi all !! Sorry that I have been so absent lately, but things have been unusual here lately..

I had a wonderful visit with Kijo, two weekends in a row .. the first weekend was only for a day, and the second she got to spend two nights! We had a great time! Here we are in my front yard .....

Ken has had a couple of relatives die in the last few weeks. Unfortunately, they were out of town for us and we did not get to go to the funeral. It still involved extra phone calls to MIL, and florists and stuff ...

The day that Kijo was leaving, she discovered that one of my cats was hurt. I had to go into town, and left her here to sleep in. She called me and we coordinated getting him to the vet. Turns out, he had been shot. He is fine so far. He had surgery yesterday, and they put pins in his leg. Right now he is in the bathroom, wearing a plastic collar, resting comfortably. He goes back on Tuesday for a recheck, and in three weeks for x-rays. Hopefully, he will be able to keep the leg. It is looking good right now, but I don't want to get to excited yet..

Whew ... that was a lot .... Love you all !!!

Hi everyone!

Tanya, I read about your cat and glad to hear that everything is ok now. Poor dear. And glad to hear you had a nice visit with Kijo.

Gill, so awful about ED losing her wallet!! What a hassle! And hopefully YD called eventually, hope everything's okay there, too.

Tonight has been my day of rest, catching up on PS and PV and television.

Good Morning.

Lovely messages to catch up on.

BG, I made lasagne last night, but I only ate about a third of mine, I wasn't hungry because I ate too late. So guess what I have left over for lunch today lol.

Good luck to your friend - hope the baby comes along soon, tell her not to worry, there's not much to choose between a natural labour or one that's induced. As Boo says, when they start you off, it all starts in earnest.
I had my waters broken, but that in itself was enough to start labour proper (I'd been in what they call 'slow' labour for a week apparently, and didn't realise) Either way, she's got to go through it, and she will and then she'll be so busy and excited with the new baby.

Sorry to miss you Boo, and Wish, it was a really strange day yesterday. Strange weather too, nice in the mornings, then a bit yuck and then nice again later on.
It's nice here but a bit fresh, got the windows open though and the air flowing, yes - that's so, so much better.

Mindy - my ED is beside herself. She's lost her cards, her driving licence, her travel card and everything - amazing how much stuff you cram into one place - you're at such a loss when it's gone.

Absolutely lovely photo Tanya/Kijo, thanks so much for posting it to include us all.

Best of luck to little Kitty, we all thought that was such a horrible thing to happen - a curse on whoever did it!

hello , just thought that i would pop in for a quick visit, i haven't forgoten about you all i just have been so tired and haven't been staying up late or getting up early. i have also been very busy getting ready for our trip and also doing spring cleaning lol throw in some gardening and bowling too and there you have it lol

Busy life Amy, I wondered where you were.
I'm dreading my next round of cleaning and moving furniture.
We have to empty out our wardrobes for the decorators, and I am quaking at the thought of how much junk's just languishing in there.

On the other hand, it's probably a great opportunity for a clear out congratulations

Zoonie wrote:
Busy life Amy, I wondered where you were.
I'm dreading my next round of cleaning and moving furniture.
We have to empty out our wardrobes for the decorators, and I am quaking at the thought of how much junk's just languishing in there.

On the other hand, it's probably a great opportunity for a clear out congratulations

i have cleared out one closet but fear the many more i have to do ,and my sewing room looks like a bomb exploded in there lol material every where OMG how did i ever let that happen lol

It just does happen.
Our family room is currently like a storage warehouse, with stuff moved out of other rooms...I look in there and I'm not sure I really want any of it any way LOL.

It looks so bad in there, and it's at the front of the house, that I'm keeping the blinds down 24/7 to spare my embarrassment at it all.

Trouble is, I have two more rooms that're just the same!!!!!

How the heck that THAT happen?

okay my friend i will try and come by tomorrow, we leave on Saturday and will be gone for a week , i would stay longer but my meds are kicking in
and the bed is calling me . take care Gill xoxo

Zoonie wrote:
It just does happen.
Our family room is currently like a storage warehouse, with stuff moved out of other rooms...I look in there and I'm not sure I really want any of it any way LOL.

It looks so bad in there, and it's at the front of the house, that I'm keeping the blinds down 24/7 to spare my embarrassment at it all.

Trouble is, I have two more rooms that're just the same!!!!!

How the heck that THAT happen?

well, it will have to wait until i get home lol i will con my sister into helping me lol she helped make some of the mess lol

LOL you confused me for a while there, I was thinking, oh - but tomorrow IS Saturday, and I'm out all day...but of course, you're still looking at sleeping Thursday night... no wonder I'm confused congratulations

what a lovely sunny day today

Morning Bee - isn't it.

Mr F saw a funny sight on his way to work today, a taxi driver feeding a duck (outside a church)

I heard him say Good Morning (we were on the phone) 'was that to the taxi driver?' I asked'

No, the duck' he said

'Surely that would have been Quack Quack?' I replied

sign it's Friday!!! congratulations

yes it is

so my train this morning was cancelled and I was late for work, now they are chopping threes outside of my office window but it's friday and sunny and I walked went to work with my suit jacket over my arm Smile

That's so much better than battling the wind, rain and the snow!

IMOM had train woes this week, however, two rail fatalities in two weeks were the cause of the delays...so being late for work kind of becomes insignificant in those circumstances.

OMG! that's sad.

this is what I meant to say

I k now Sad

The one this week (Monday or Tuesday) was in the Robertsbridge area apparently, but they closed the line all the way down from Tunbridge Wells.

Aaah it was Tuesday, because Monday the train was late due to engineering works at the weekend having caused further problems that weren't sorted.
There seem to be engineering works all the time now.

tell me about it! - train, tube every weekend something

I don't remember last time there was uninterupted service on Jubilee line at the weekend

I made my cheesecake last night and I will be decorating it tonight.
It's my friends bday on sunday but we are having a party on saturday as another friend is moving out of country on monday so we are doing it both together (and my belated bday too)

I will also be making chocolate covered strawberries - will have plenty time as there is a party next door tonight so I can forget about early night (they left a note letting us know)

Aaaw at least they let you know.
Sounds a busy culinary weekend.

Miss ED is always moaning about the Jubilee, and now the work's extended yet again isn't it - so annoying.
She takes the boat when it's off and that proves very expensive! (they really should make an allowance because the disturbances are so severe)

yeah I'm always in charge of sweets Smile

I just don't like doing in all last minuted and this was first time I was making the cheesecake in this oven so I wanted to make it in advance in case it goes wrong but it looked quite good this morning. I also don't have much fridge space so I can't be chilling it all at once (platefulls of strawberries and cheesecake).

I enjoy cooking and baking