Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wish Fairy

WHAT IF....we all could meet in Real Life ?

Ok, so Wish and Sharon are bringing you the next in the "Real Life" series Laughing

I think that all of us at C&G have thought about how it would be if we all could meet in real life. I know that some of us have managed to meet up (Kijo and Tanya etc), but what if we ALL could meet in the same place ???????

Any thoughts on that ?
Would it ruin everything ?

I think it would be a RIOT.

So, let me start you off:

I imagine you all arriving at my house early on a lovely summer evening.

We will have a wonderful apperitif (served my Mr Zoonie and Mr Wish - who I am reliably informed make a mean Gin and Tonic ). Chupa will bring us some far flung "Sunny Island" Cocktails I hope.

You can meet my dogs (the famous Pip and Efes) and of course we will swap animal stories (well, Gill, Frannie, Tanya can share their cat tales at least). We will toast Socks - cos we all miss him

We will toast "the couples" with my favourite champagne - Boubie & Boogie, Joki & Snorks, Zoonie and Blue. We'll be able to congratulate Kijo and Sophie on the marriage of their pets in person!
Smile

We have many keen cooks, so we will feast like kings and queens. Gill, Frannie and Armell - I was counting on you all to help me with food! (Armell and Frannie on desert especially !) And KB will be in charge of wine !!
For music I bring you the playlist of your suggestions that I took with me to Australia !

Things I need to see:

Tanya - I want to do a photo swap of your Disney Pics and you must meet my Disney Fan Husband
Fran - I want you to bring us a C&G friendship quilt that we can snuggle under when the sun goes down
Sophie (BG) - you must bring your Mum as we are all dying to meet her
Dawn - bring the OH please with motorbike and camping gear as we may need extra sleeping space
My lovely friend Di - you must bring the family. T will be needed to keep Andy sane and G will keep us all entertained.
Kijo - you will be in charge of real life group photos and ensure we capture all out special moments (just like you do for us so well in PS)
Armell - bring whoever and whatever you want - I'm just dying to meet you.
Gill - we are all waiting to meet IMOM so show us he really exists and is not just an Austin Powers pic who is the "face" of Kitty who helps us out when we've been missing from PS.

My white dog will constantly harass you all to stroke him, in between bouts of fending off "hostiles" from the garden (foxes, pigeons and other wildlife). My old dog will bark at you all to be quiet and talk one by one because he is a little deaf and hates it when everyone talks at once Laughing

Leo / Mindy / Rena / Mary / Lou Ann / Tammy / Gillian (Ashkettle) - Although we are FB friends I don't think we are on the forum together a lot - it would be cool to talk and get to know you all better.

We will be re-united with people we haven't seen on the Forum for a long time - Foxy / Diva / PinkyPoo / Squirrel / Yarden / Elvis / PinkyV / Chippy / Marie F etc, etc.....

Marie, Bee and Dawn - we can share weight loss recipes right and perhaps do some Syn free snacks and munchies ?!

All our newer members are, of course, invited - everyone welcome! Please bring something interesting to share with us (we like food, books, jokes, booze and art - among other things)

After we've eaten and the sun is going down, KB will bring the Porto for us and we can snuggle down and listen to a spooky tale from Dr Cabra

It will be a perfect if imaginary evening.

I know, I know - it's self indulgent, but c'mon - don't pretend you've never considered it.

Please, if you will, indulge me and share you Real Life C&G evening or meeting with me...

WOW! I couldn't begin to top that at this time of night Wish.

Let me just add, newly wed Chip, and Marie with her new baby - remember the dates are around now, because it's our younger daughter's (YD) birthday tomorrow!

I'm up for any amount of cooking and hospitality, except the desserts, cos I'm useless at them.

Oh - and I reckon you either need an extension on your garden, or we need to take this mega-multi gathering down to the beach (even better then because we leave the men (and my virtual IMOM) in charge of the BBQ)

LOL I can tell you for sure we will not be getting any extension to our garden !! However, we are only 5 minute drive from the beach.

OMG - Chip is married ? and Maries baby is born already ? I was sure to miss someone !! I just saw that I missed Karelle's birthday :-(
Well, on the upside, if everyone turns up I can make amends then LOL

OMG how great, and everyone has little duties. LOVE IT!

we must all wear a button on our shirt with our pet's picture though. : D

Tan Tan and I are game!

haha how cool would that be?? yes i've imagined it but i've only imagined it when i get older of course Sad haha dont know what i would bring maybe i could just bring me - the funny little person who stops by c&g when she can?? or maybe the old active person who used to stay up till 3 am chatting on c&g?? hehe or maybe i can settle for bringing over some australian foods Smile

Hey Paige :-)
I can't beleive it...I forgot you SO Sorry - it was late when I finished it last night. Will you be in charge of Beer and BBQ ?? I think no-one can beat the Aussies at that

I would love to come .... Let me know when and where!!

This is Kijo and I at my house ... We had a wonderful time ... I will happily bring everyone a Disney souvenier.. I am also good at desserts ... ( Ask Kijo about the chocolate cake ... Smile )

If we decided to have a US meeting, everyone is welcome at my house ... I have a great location, but no beach ... It is only about a 40 minute drive though ...

Keep your fingers crossed, but we are working to get to see Sophie when she comes to the US in July ...

eeep, my ghostly picture keeps popping up everywhere,

: D

Wow - that's a great pic!
So cool that you 2 managed to visit. It will be great if you get to meet up with Sophie.
congratulations

*feels special*
(LOL)

It'll be great when we finally meet, I've been very excited about it (still am)!

Hehehe, I'll tell Mom you all want to meet her
congratulations

I think that's a brilliant idea - I was often dreamed about meeting fellow ceegeeans.

I had near meeting with Marie F (wuzzy) and Tiph (should be meeting with her on 29th so hopefully it will be third time lucky).

Ashamed I'm (dare to say) not bad cook myself so I can also help out with food (low or high in syns Laughing )

Bee wrote:
I think that's a brilliant idea - I was often dreamed about meeting fellow ceegeeans.

I had near meeting with Marie F (wuzzy) and Tiph (should be meeting with her on 29th so hopefully it will be third time lucky).

Ashamed I'm (dare to say) not bad cook myself so I can also help out with food (low or high in syns Laughing )

Oh Bee - it's so long since I've seen you....I think I may have missed naming you - so sorry! Would be great to have some of your national dishes (both with and without SYNS). Hope you're doing ok and that you manage to meet up with Tiph!!

pictur10.jpg

Me and Tiph - finally met up (just for few minutes thought Sad ) Hopefully she will have more time next time

Bee - how cool ! Thanks for posting

Haven't heard from Tiph here for ages :-(

Brilliant that you met up even if only for a while.

Shame it was such a brief meeting, darn traffic!
Thanks for posting Bee it's lovely to see you both

Bee .... AWESOME picture.. Thanks for sharing. We have added another to out little get together in July ...... Frannie is coming!!!! YAAAAAAAAA!!!

We will be sure to take lots of pictures .....

I am so excited ... Anyone else live in the southeastern US that wants to come?? or really, I guess in the US??

I live in North East Georgia,but we used to take a lot of trips to florida Smile maybe after my surgery congratulations

I would love to meet you all!

Kathy that would be awesome... My husband's family is in Rome. Are you anywhere near there? We will be going there in about 6 weeks ...

I really want to go to US next year - I love like to see some of you girls (Frannie, Tanya, Kijo ... who else?) - when do you think is best time to go (weather wise)?

Bee.. depends on where you want to visit. If you are going to see your friend in Chicago, I would say NOT Dec,Jan Feb or Mar. If you're going South, it can get brutal in the summer, especially if you're not used to the heat. If you're coming to Columbus.. then anytime would be just fine! and we could always do a roadtrip anywhere else

TanyaRC wrote:
Kathy that would be awesome... My husband's family is in Rome. Are you anywhere near there? We will be going there in about 6 weeks ...

I am near Athens,Ga.We are quite a ways from Rome.I hope to be having my surgery within 4 weeks.I go for my millionth consult july 6th.He said if he agrees with the other surgeons he will do the surgery asap and wait for workman's comp to repay him.He wouldn't make me suffer much longer than I have.We will see. If I don't maybe we can meet in the middle somehow and have lunch!

Frannie wrote:
Bee.. depends on where you want to visit. If you are going to see your friend in Chicago, I would say NOT Dec,Jan Feb or Mar. If you're going South, it can get brutal in the summer, especially if you're not used to the heat. If you're coming to Columbus.. then anytime would be just fine! and we could always do a roadtrip anywhere else

Frannie I really don't know - I want to go everywhere Laughing

If I am going to do it then it probably would be late summer or maybe early autumn. I think it will involve lots of planning in advance but I'm sure it would be lots of fun!

Here we are ..... We went to the beach that is about a 40 minute drive from my house. The weather was stormy, and the day overcast, but we had a wonderful time. In the picture is Frannie, me, Kijo, Jimmy ( Nathalie's BF ) , Nathalie ( Sophie's sis ) and Sophie. It was a wonderful three days that went by way too fast. We made lots of great memories till we can be together again!!

Thanks Sharon!! We had a blast!! It was all that I hoped that it would be and more!!

I am so excited about next summer and Bee coming over... I just can't wait!!

TanyaRC wrote:

I am so excited about next summer and Bee coming over... I just can't wait!!

me too!!!