Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IsabelLim105

I know I don't post much but I'm really depressed!

Hello.

I know I don't post much but I've recently just found out... My grandfather has Double Vision... I don't know what is that but Mom said they are symptoms of a stroke coming..

I just hope that my grandfather will be better and I'm really sad. He's very nice and spent all his time on every Saturdays to get me food I like.. Espeacially coconut water! He brings them to my house every Saturday and I'm afraid I'm gonna lose him!

Please help me, I can't help thinking of it.

I hope that your grandfather will be alright. Perhaps he should see a doctor about his double vision. Maybe that will help put your mind at easier.

Take care. There are some nurses here in the forum, and I am certain that they will have much better advice. We're here for you if you need us.

Well, thanks, Tiddly Winks. Hm.. I'm happy to find such nice friends here! congratulations Especially nurses!! Wow.

Its always scary when someone you love so much is not very well Sad

Fingers crossed hun that he is ok xxxxxx

ahhh hunny. those things can be extremely scary!
has your grandfather been to the doctors yet?

if he has, that's great. there is something called TIAs (Transient Ischemic Stroke)
that's just a big word for "mini strokes". it's not an actual BIG stroke like what you are thinking but they can be considered a strong warning that he may have a big stroke in the future. i realize that this can be scary...like you are waiting for a disaster to occur, but the good news is is that your grandfather can take steps to prevent it!!

yes! he can take medication, eat a better-healthier diet, and most importantly exercise.

with these lifestyle changes and seeing his doctor regularly, it can prevent him from having a stroke in the future.

i hope that he has seen a doctor or will see one soon. if you have any further questions, please ask and i'll try to explain it to you as simple as possible.

xoxo
nurse smorkle

Thanks, Foxpoly and smorkle.

Well, he goes to exercise with my grandmother every morning, though I guess he's quite a person who loves to stay at home while my grandmother is adventurous.

When my grandomther goes for a holiday, he prefers to stay at home. I don't know what he eats but I know he doesn't take anything sweet.. He refuses to even take a little sweet which I offered to him.

Actually, I have a question. What is double-vision like anyway?

he needs to be on a low fat, low cholesterol diet hun.
if you're concerned about him having a stroke in the future, you should really encourage him to see his doctor so he can start medication --> that is my best advice hun

OMG!!! All the best for ya!
Just look at Lisa's avi, it's really addicting and omg

Huge hugs to you!!!

Smorkle told you basically what I am going to tell you.He really needs to see a doctor very soon and start preventive medications.Double vision isn't always the sign of a stroke it can also be a sign of other things.It is VERY important to see a doctor.

I hope this is something he has already done.Low fat, low cholesterol diet and exercise.
Did you know,that something as simple as cataracts ,non-fatal and just a pain in the buns thing is a MAJOR cause of double vision.Treated by an eye doctor.

Double vision is when an image is split in two by your optical system,easy terms... in one eye you can see two of the same image.It can be very nauseating to some people and can be horrible on someone's balance and make them fall a lot. (dizzy)

wish you the best....encourage dr visits!!!

Kathy, you are really such an angel...

dbl_ti10.jpg
here you go hun. this is what it can look like when you see doubles.

Oh wow... That is strange...

smorkle wrote:
 dbl_ti10.jpg
here you go hun. this is what it can look like when you see doubles.

did you see me say retina...don't ya think I need a nap lol

agniukas wrote:
Kathy, you are really such an angel...

am not! huge hugs!I think everyone here is,this includes YOU!
the people here do what they can to support the members here and that is what always brings me back.

smorkle is my private nurse,because I can't be a nurse to myself

yes you are! hugs for you too
Ok, I wnat to say I think you and Smorkle will rescue the grandfa, not the docs congratulations

I have nastagnus on my eyes (that is my eyes move all the time) and that double vision thing gives me a headache. Won't look at it for too long.

Glad the professionals are here to advise you, though.

OMG! When I looked long at it , it looked creepy.

bunnyfuzzyness wrote:
did you see me say retina...don't ya think I need a nap lol

you did? where? i missed it... goes to show how sharp i am!!

agniukas wrote:
yes you are! hugs for you too
Ok, I wnat to say I think you and Smorkle will rescue the grandfa, not the docs congratulations

oh hun, we are all here to help out and give him encouragement. thanks goes out to you too!

Tiddly Winks wrote:
I have nastagnus on my eyes (that is my eyes move all the time) and that double vision thing gives me a headache.
sorry!!