Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xPink.Pixel.Princessx

Any tips??

I really want my won long nails but cant seem to break the habbit to biting them.

I put some fake nails on and had them on for 2 weeks now but iv taken them off just and my nails are aittle long...but i just want to munch on them sooo bad....

Iv told my bf to stop me biting them but he dont take much notice...

So i need tips on how to stop myself biting them off now!

besides putting more nails back on or wearing mittens, i dont know what to do...

Oh and that nailvarnish that meant to stop me biting my nails dont work....Iv tried and iv got used to the tase haha.!!

It's a matter of willpower. I used to bite them because of nerves, unconsciously, until I told myself I could not continue like that and every time I had the hand near the mouth, I retired it. You need to pay close attention and don't bite them without knowing, but there is no miraculous tricks.

Ursula Reis wrote:
It's a matter of willpower. I used to bite them because of nerves, unconsciously, until I told myself I could not continue like that and every time I had the hand near the mouth, I retired it. You need to pay close attention and don't bite them without knowing, but there is no miraculous tricks.

Best advice ever!

She is exactly right,pure willpower!
Good Luck!!!

Ive tried but i always fail Sad
What i do find helpful is painting my nails and picking that off instead, only i end up losing my nail polish and biting!!
Good luck to you hun and if you manage you'll have to share your secret congratulations xx

Have you tried sitting on my hands? or when you're standing, put it in your pockets? I have a habit at picking my nails when I'm nervous, so I just sit on my hands. I also do that when I'm itchy, but I can't scratch (I have ezcema)..it works well for me

You should get some Greek Worry beads to play with instead. They are also good for helping to quit smoking

iv painted my nails...Well they are always painted but i seem to bite them still.....I know i shouldnt because biting the pain off your nails is really not good for you.....I ave sat on my hands until there where numb and still failed.....Iv coated my nails in that nailvarnish that supposed to taste horrible but iv got used to the taste....

I dont think i have the willpower to not bite them HAHA.... I started munching on my little finger nail just and stopped myself before i bit the whole nail off....

I just do it without thinking because im so used to it. My nals are alittle long...I may just get sme mrore flase nails and put them on so my real nails grow underneath...Ill then have to get throught a layer of plastic and glue before i get to my real nails haha

I tried so often, but then the nails would grow out and flake off, so I just decided that my hands were just going to look awful. Maybe I should just wear gloves. Smile

Tiddly Winks wrote:
I tried so often, but then the nails would grow out and flake off, so I just decided that my hands were just going to look awful. Maybe I should just wear gloves. Smile

Did you not try hand and nail creame.
Its really good stuff. I use it all the time and my hands are so soft and nails are so good....Well the nails iv got anyways. Laughing It thickens your nails.....Well, more like strenghtens them so they dont flake and stuff.... You should give it a go.

I tried everything, I was at the health food store, the specialty environmental shop, and nothing worked. I just resolved myself to stop trying. Right now with stress being what it is, it's a hopeless cause anyway.

Aww. well i hope you de-stress very soon because ite really not good for you =(.

I get stressed all the time.....I try not to but i get stressed even more because im stressed....if yoou know what i mean.

If you ever want to talk to me, you know where ill be =)