Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kasijab

How many ???

sets of sheets and bedding does one household need ..... I mean seriously, I just tidied my airing cupboard and have so many sheets and quilt covers you wouldn't believe. Luckily a charity bag came through the door today, so that has now been filled ready to go out.
I even had the bedding Lisa used to have as a teenager, and she is 35

Are you a bit of a hoarder like me?? Or do you have the bare necessities and no more?

I did mine not so long ago, got rid of a load of old stuff....but you know me, I'm not a hoarder at all, If I dont use it then it goes lol

I have too much of everything...too many towels, sheets, bedding stuff....it's massively insane how much stuff I have hoarded away.

Tiddly Winks wrote:
I have too much of everything...too many towels, sheets, bedding stuff....it's massively insane how much stuff I have hoarded away.

See Lisa, its not just me Laughing

But I agree with you Yvette ....I have an insane amount of 'stuff' also, but it is MY stuff, all bought and paid for, and if I want to keep it then I will keep it Bit like Kasi's house really ...we hoard in there too and I don't know why ..

We donate a lot.I need to get some more small throws I send them out with my nieces and nephews when they stay over.Then I wonder why I only have a few at times.I am pathetic,but we have good laughs about it.

I'm definitely a pack rat, I'm having a hard time getting rid of my children's baby (0-10 month) clothing. I miss when they were so small. I also need to start donating some items!

i used to keep EVERYTHING! i mean EVERYTHING...but then when i was 18 my parents moved out of state and i was left on my own......my own to drag around all my rubbish all by myself! needless to say, that didn't last long. i got tired of storing and moving everything so eventually i got all my childhood things into 2 large boxes and that's it. now it's easier for me to move around.

BUT, hubby over here...he's a different story! if only you could see my place! i can't have people over because he has so much stuff. and it's mostly electronic computer stuff. i could go on for pages about this. it's A LOT of stuff!

Your hubby sounds like mine Smorkle!! So much computer items it's not even funny. Although he helps a lot of people fix there computers, sometimes getting payment for it so it's good in a way. I can't wait to get a bigger place to reclaim my living room! Thankfully at the time being he's pretty organized.

your hubby does sound like mine!!! hee hee
he helps people fix computers too, but for free..
he also is into sound boards and lighting so we have all that stuff too. it's too much stuff. and it looks like boring stuff to me! ba ha ha!!

i tend to hoard alot of DVD's and games i dont like or play anymore, i just sold aload of DVD/games to this website for £40 so at least i will get some money for it lol

Stephanie, it's always nice when you can get money back for some of the things you've been holding on to!

lol I just realized how atrocious my grammar was in my last post

Even the kids things are not safe with me...if they havent played with them for ages then they go lol Phoebe is ace....even at 2 she will help me sort out her baby box and get rid of things she doesnt play with anymore...she likes to give her favourite old toys to a friends baby ....bless her

smorkle wrote:
i used to keep EVERYTHING! i mean EVERYTHING...but then when i was 18 my parents moved out of state and i was left on my own......my own to drag around all my rubbish all by myself! needless to say, that didn't last long. i got tired of storing and moving everything so eventually i got all my childhood things into 2 large boxes and that's it. now it's easier for me to move around.

BUT, hubby over here...he's a different story! if only you could see my place! i can't have people over because he has so much stuff. and it's mostly electronic computer stuff. i could go on for pages about this. it's A LOT of stuff!

My husband is the same, he collects chemistry sets and electronic kits. We have at least 50 Kosmos sets around here, and he is always trolling Ebay looking for this stuff. Between his collections and mine (teddy bears), we need a bigger place.

Oh and the towels are really funny. We have this thing called Treue Punkte here (which are little stickers for a card and when the card is full, then we cash them in for reduced price stuff). I have tons of towels from this action, and now my mother in law has towels, and a couple of her friends have towels. Well, three towels for 6,99 is a steal. congratulations

I have recently moved after splitting up with my BF and had to be very ruthless with my stuff.

I was never really a hoarder but moving out of 2 bed flat to a double room is quite a difference. Luckily there is a charity shop nearby so they were quite happy

Bedding - I currently have one set only and two towels so I need to do some shopping soon.

There is a lot of humidity in my place so I cant keep a lot of stuff I would wish to have

There is no way to mantain a closet with stored clothes for a long time, they gain a spetial horrible odor even with those antihumid absorvent boxes
So everything that is in good condition I donate after a while when I have new things Sad there is a lot of people here that need secon hand items

the only thing i hoard is makeup and clothes haha...

I have such a massave collection on makeup i havent a clue where to out it all...

And my clothes...I have like 2-3 large wardrobes FULL!!
My bf keeps yelling at me to clear them out but i love y clothes and even the ones that dont fit me anymore are bagged up in closet. I cant bare to clear them out because i keep thining if i get thinner then i will be able to wear them hahaha...

sinenomine wrote:
There is a lot of humidity in my place so I cant keep a lot of stuff I would wish to have

There is no way to mantain a closet with stored clothes for a long time, they gain a spetial horrible odor even with those antihumid absorvent boxes
So everything that is in good condition I donate after a while when I have new things Sad there is a lot of people here that need secon hand items

Put an opened box of baking soda on your shelves with the linens. It will help with the odor problem.

This really works. I remember doing that when I was in Texas, and the humidity there was pretty awful.