Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

Need some advice

Guest Guest

At Monday I have a graduation for my high musical school. My mom was supposed to make a violin-key shaped cake, but because she's in Wien for her vacation, she can't lol. So my question for you guys is, what should I bring at my musical school graduation? (drinks doesn't count, school paid for them)

The thing is that this is the first time she is in Wien and we are all so happy for her. The only problem is that we don't know what to bring lol. My music theory teacher recommends buying something, just to make the feast complete. But what?? I'm still clueless... It would be really greedy from me to bring something cheap or anything else... This question has been in my head for days now Mad

Well, if your mom was planning on baking a cake, can't you buy one instead from a bakery or would that be too expensive?

Guest Guest

They are waaaaay expensive, over the average... In euros, they cost a good piece of 80 euros Sad Cakes are really expensive in our country

My other suggestions ( they might all be too expensive too) are

1) fruit and if you can get chocolate dipped strawberries or chocolate dipped bananas or make them yourself, that would be cool I think

2) cheese

3) sandwiches that you make yourself. That shouldn't be too hard. The toppings can be normal things, or if smoked salmon isn't that expensive, you can get that. If you can cut them into different shapes, that would make them even more interesting.

4) Are cookies expensive too? If you know how to bake cookies, I would suggest that.

Ummm...that's all I can think of right now. Sorry if I wasn't helpful. Sad

Guest Guest
hinapasha wrote:
My other suggestions ( they might all be too expensive too) are

1) fruit and if you can get chocolate dipped strawberries or chocolate dipped bananas or make them yourself, that would be cool I think

2) cheese

3) sandwiches that you make yourself. That shouldn't be too hard. The toppings can be normal things, or if smoked salmon isn't that expensive, you can get that. If you can cut them into different shapes, that would make them even more interesting.

4) Are cookies expensive too? If you know how to bake cookies, I would suggest that.

Ummm...that's all I can think of right now. Sorry if I wasn't helpful. Sad

1. no way

2. this is a really interesting idea

3. I will take a look at my fridge tomorrow cos I'm not at my place at the moment Smile

4. I will look more further into that as well Smile

Thank you for your advices, they are really helpful

Guest Guest

Thank you I will tell you what have I decided to bring congratulations

Ummm...
1. Chips! That's just the item you must buy!!!
2. Home made tortilla with the sauce
3. A lot of ice creams!!! Laughing
4. Try to bake a cake by your self!!! I can't even boil sausages by my self, but cake is another thing... LaughingLaughingLaughing

Lazar wrote:
They are waaaaay expensive, over the average... In euros, they cost a good piece of 80 euros Sad Cakes are really expensive in our country

80 euros??? what do they have on them gold

Laz... baking a cake is easy enough! LOL

Guest Guest

OOP... Sorry for forgetting this thread Sad Yes I and my dad have baked a cake. The filling was white, inside there was a chocolate fill and some nuts...
Again, I am so sorry for forgetting about this topic SadSadSad

Lazar wrote:
OOP... Sorry for forgetting this thread Sad Yes I and my dad have baked a cake. The filling was white, inside there was a chocolate fill and some nuts...

I was wondering when you were gonna tell us what you brought. A cake is the perfect thing to bring. congratulations Glad you were able to bake one yourself. Lazar has the skills! So are you going to bake regularly now? Or do you hate it? Laughing

Guest Guest
hinapasha wrote:
Lazar wrote:

I was wondering when you were gonna tell us what you brought. A cake is the perfect thing to bring. congratulations Glad you were able to bake one yourself. Lazar has the skills! So are you going to bake regularly now? Or do you hate it? Laughing

It's one of the most sweetest things to do, but I'll hand it over to my mom

Guest Guest
hinapasha wrote:
Aww too bad! You could have added baking to your list of talents.

LMAO no thanks, I only have two talents - violin and singing

OMG you're singing?
A real GaGa!!! Laughing

Guest Guest

LMAO Laughing

You're GaGa!!!
I knew it!!!! Lazar is not Lazar!!!! He is she and he is Gaga...
I'm a detective now!

Guest Guest
Hahahahahahha!!!!