Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mage lvl8

Pet Society Competition

Anyone participating in the contest? Sounds cool, but it says you have to be 18 years or older..... :S

I am thinking about doing something for it. I think it's rather limiting, and with rooms and stuff I'm not always the most creative. So, we'll see what I can come up with.

Guest Guest
I am seriously upset about it and will not participate. I hate PS for this. Not for under-age, but for `laws` that exist so our state isn't listed. I had complained yesterday about this about a thousand times and all they said is that some law exists. I've asked what law, but they weren't sure.

It's a very touchy subject with these laws. It may not be PF's fault, it may be the country in question. That is, essentially this may be out of PF's hands since they have to 'contend' with whatever legalities with it. For individual players, it may seem unfair, but each country has itss set of laws and PF has to operate within those boundries when it hosts something. I was on their page yesterday and all I saw about this contest were complaints from younger PS players, the age thing isn't fair was pretty much what I was reading.

I think that the fact is, we are dealing with stuff of monetary value, that there are certain laws about kids winning. It could also be that they are wanting to do something nice for the adult players. Who knows what their rationale is?

reading the terms and conditions I think that you can enter, you just need parental permission if you are under age

provided that, where an entrant has not attained the age of legal majority in her or her state, province, or country of residence, the entrant has obtained the consent of his or her parent or legal guardian to participation in the Competition

It clearly states this in the terms and conditions

Guest Guest
I feel better now that one person on TOF explained it all to me.

If it IS because of a taxation issue, I know it's only recently been worked out by the European. A lot of other countries might not have thought to address the issue either until they heard that the EU was creating a new policy on it. Believe it or not, governments seem to be way behind the times when it comes to the internet. One US senator (granted, he's like 80 or something) caught flak last year for saying it's a "series of tubes."

So anyway... if certain countries only just learned they're ignoring a possible source of revenue, they might have put a hold on anyone participating in competitions until they could determine what to do about the winnings.

I just entered congratulations but I forgot to put "Party with Pet Society" in the submission like it says Sad *sighs* never mind hopefully they won't mind : )

I can't enter the competition too because my country is not on the list

I entered my Tittle is Yawo's Pet Society Birthday!

I'm really proud of my room and I hope ps likes it congratulations

I feel really terrible for those of you who can't enter Sad I really wish there was a way that you could enter as well!

Yvette, I found your room and it looks lovely!! Charolette, I'm still looking for your rooms sweetie!

myladyyawo wrote:
Yvette, I found your room and it looks lovely!! Charolette, I'm still looking for your rooms sweetie!

I'll have to have a look for yours and Yvette's : )
I'll send you the link for mine Sara if that's any easier

Thanks. I really like the room, on my entry, I wrote: Tiddly Winks is celebrating PS birthday with friends. There is nothing better than celebrating with some good friends, cake, icecream and teddy bears. Smile

awww thats very true about Celebrating with those things congratulations

Charlotte, I really love your room too sweetie! Right now my entry is still on the first page, 6th entry in congratulations

Are all the entries at oficial forum? or is it a spetial page?
I want to take a look
I might not participate since I have no idea about how to decore now

I can't enter because I am from the Philippines. I dunno if there is some law about it, but I am already 21, legally old enough, and I don't think there are laws regarding joining online contests which provide virtual prizes... Did a check on our country's laws about the Web, but I found nothing... so... I am still confused. And sad about the whole thing.

I can't join Because I live in Indonesia! I already decorated my place!
Maybe I should read the rules before decorating something :whistle: