Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lea75

Emotional day today :(

Today is Phoebes first day at school

She only goes mornings this year, and for today and tomorrow is actually only going for an hour so she can get used to it....but I am dreading it!!

She is my little baby, and looks way too small to go to school! I am dreading putting her school uniform on Sad (I'll post a photo of her later if you like) she will look too grown up

Oh well I'm sure you all think I'm mad..but all with kids will know what I'm going through lol xxx

your little angel is growing up. *BIG HUGZZZ*

next thing you know, she'll be running into the house with top marks!! congratulations

I will bet you that she is very proud, this is a milestone in her life. Kudoes to you for being a good mother and helping her through it.

Spoke to Phoebe a while ago and she is SOOOO excited. She had her coat and shoes on ready to go 20 minutes early!!

I think the first day of school is always exciting. In Germany the children receive a cone filled with candy and other treats and the parents throw a big celebration. We were at the ceremony with my nephew two years ago and it was pretty immense, the whole school takes part with music and stories. It's a real big thing here.

That sounds brilliant Yvette...they dont really do anything here Sad

I've given her a card before she went to school and I have a small present waiting for her when she comes home....I want to go and pick her up now lol...oh well not long

Photos as promised:

She looks so adorable. When I look at her hands and how her fingers are stretched out, I remember how I did that once when I was totally excited about something.

Hi. I sort of know how you feel. I don't have my own children (YET!) but I'm a daycare teacher and had my niece with me from about 12 months old to 5 years old (that's when they start school here in NZ) and I was not ready for her to go! I cried on her last day at daycare with me Sad And seeing her in her uniform really tugged the old heart strings. But she was soooooooooooo excited. I think the Moms are more sad/worried than the children! There is a parent at my work right now whose daughter just turned 5 and she tears up every time she talks about her going to school. Good luck! By the way your daughter is beautiful Smile

Awww bless, I'm sure she's having a great time with the other children and playing games and stuff. She'll probably run out with a big smile on her face and can't wait for tomorrow congratulations
I know slightly what you mean, I don't have children myself but I worked at the local infant school while I was at college getting my teaching assistant qualifications and I'd see children starting school all the time and their parents would be quite sad to leave them but the children used to always have a fun day and leave smiling so just think of that moment! congratulations
She looks soooo adorable though Lisa! : )

I still remember coming home crying after lefting my kids first days at kingergarden, you should see my "kids" now Laughing
Phoebe looks so charming and pretty with her uniform

She's so cute Lisa!!!! I can't really understand what you feel, not having children, but I can only imagine!! Think that she's going to come home everyday and tell you about things she has learnad, you'll be very proud of her, I'm sure!!