Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myladyyawo

Whats your favorite part of Halloween?

Whats not to like about Halloween, it's spooky, yummy, fun and exciting. With young kids like mine, I look forward to taking them out trick or treating and craving pumpkins. What do you like best? Is there a type of candy thats your favorite? Mine are caramel apple suckers and sour patch kids. Do you dress up? Can't wait to hear what everyone's favorite parts are! Are there any traditions in your family or where your from?

This is a bit sad of a story. My father's birthday was on halloween. And since we had kids, we never really had the chance to go out to dinner for his birthday. So, we always went to his favorite pizza place in Newport Beach for lunch to celebrate HIM congratulations. then we could take the kiddos out for trick or treating at night.
My father passed away 6 years ago, however, me, my sister and our families still go to the pizza place every year for lunch to remember and honor our dad. *tears* I miss him a lot Sad

On a lighter note, I love to give out candy on halloween, instead of trick or treating with the kids....my hubby does/did that (my kids are 12, 14 and 16 now so they don't really need our suppervision now). My favorite halloween candy is the candy corn pumpkins...YUMMO
And, if I do dress up, I put on my Pittsburgh Steelers Jersey and other fun black and gold decor and show my NFL Halloween costume.

We are not huge fans of Halloween here...I do enjoy decorationg the house, and love to see the girls dressed up though...but we dont go trick or treating we just do some fun games together...sad I know lol

@Kivie... Huge hugs to you hun xxx

Well, I love Candy. Even If we don't celebrate for here, my mother buys a lot candy and will invite my BBF to my house to have a little party. OMG, I didn't ate candy for ages. Last time I ate 2 sour candy yesterday and before that my memory is black.

My favorite part, now, is giving candy. When I was younger I loved dressing up. I was a witch a couple of times and Pippi Longstocking other times. My hair would be braided around a wire hanger to create the upturned braids. congratulations My mom is really creative and has sewn costumes for several members of our family. The newest member of our family, my almost 2yr old cousin, will be dressed up as a vampire. My mom will help with sewing and accessories. I will be giving out candy. My favorite candies have always been chocolates. Especially any with almonds, reeses pieces, m&ms, etc. The plus side of giving away candy is that I get to snack on any leftovers. Laughing

sadly, we're not celebrating halloween here in Indonesia. so i dont really know what its like or how its feel.
for all of your stories it sound really fun.
oh wish i could see the picture about your real halloween Laughing
well, happy halloween for you Smile

Guest Guest

What I liked most about Halloween when I was a kid was dressing up in a costume and going out trick-or-treating.
What I like most about Halloween now that I am 30+ years old... is dressing up in a costume and going out trick-or-treating with my daughter.

When we get home and look through the candy I always eat thoes small individual orange gumballs with the black jack-o-lantern stamped on them. We only get them at Halloween time and I love them so much!

Do I dress up? Laughing Just see bellow...

Our family traditions are to carv a pumpkin into a jack-o-lantern, and go trick-or-treating & hand out candy.

widuri wrote:
oh wish i could see the picture about your real halloween Laughing

Here you go dear! I hope you have fun celebrating Halloween in Pet Society.

Last year we went to a farm to pick a pumpkin and make a jack-o-lantern to put in our condo window (we can't decorate other than that)
 2009_f10.jpg

So we went again this year but at a different farm where my daughter had lot's more stuff to do!
I haven't made the jack-o-lantern yet as it is too early and it would be rotten before the 31st.
 2010_f10.jpg

Last year we went to a "baby's 1st Halloween Party" with the mom's group that I was running at the time.
I made the cupcakes in the picture. I love to bake for Halloween.
This year a mommy friend is hosting one at her house on the 29th.
I can't wait! I have our costumes already!
 2009_p10.jpg

And, of course, we will go trick-or-treating.
Our development is fairly new with families who mostly have kids under the age of 2.
Most parents think it's too ealry to for them to celebrate Halloween.
And allot of them are from countries where they don't celebrate - so sad.
So we went to another part of town for our trick-or-treat run.
We will do the same this year.
 2009_t10.jpg

My favorite part of halloween...
maybe I'm too old to do trick o treating....
Probably I give candies, or sometimes when I get bored I dress up and ask for candy LOL I feel really childish!

Of course, I can hear many spooky stories, watch scary movies, or just.. wait till new items come in pet Society! Smile

yellownancy wrote:

Last year we went to a farm to pick a pumpkin and make a jack-o-lantern to put in our condo window (we can't decorate other than that)
 2009_f10.jpg

So we went again this year but at a different farm where my daughter had lot's more stuff to do!
I haven't made the jack-o-lantern yet as it is too early and it would be rotten before the 31st.
 2010_f10.jpg

Last year we went to a "baby's 1st Halloween Party" with the mom's group that I was running at the time.
I made the cupcakes in the picture. I love to bake for Halloween.
This year a mommy friend is hosting one at her house on the 29th.
I can't wait! I have our costumes already!
 2009_p10.jpg

And, of course, we will go trick-or-treating.
Our development is fairly new with families who mostly have kids under the age of 2.
Most parents think it's too ealry to for them to celebrate Halloween.
And allot of them are from countries where they don't celebrate - so sad.
So we went to another part of town for our trick-or-treat run.
We will do the same this year.
 2009_t10.jpg

what a great time, nancy. sounds very fun and cool.
oh, i love your pumpkins. they're very huge and orange!! pumpkins in Indonesia not very like that.
halloween's trick or treat must be the most wanted event for kids (i can imagine that -just like in movies Laughing -)
so how if we dont give candies to the kids?

My favorite part of Halloween when I was younger was dressing up and trick or treating. ^^ I don't really celebrate it now but I love to give out candy to the little kids who can barely pronounce "trick or treat." Laughing I also like watching horror movies. congratulations If I lived in a bigger city, I would probably go to at least one haunted house or something also. I've only been to a haunted house once. There was a section of that house which was pitch black and something big and hairy grabbed me in the dark and rubbed up against me. Maybe they aren't such a good idea after all.