Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mage lvl8

WELCOME MATS USELESS?

I just went to visit one of my friends and they have no CCs or anything. i noticed that the room had no welcome mat and was in room 4!! There was a door there and some deco but no welcome mat! i checked to be sure and im right! Here's a pic!

NO WELCOME MAT!!! OMG? ._.

From what I understand, of little I do know about how PS chooses what room you and your neighbors go to first, it is either a door, or the mat.
Since this room has the door, then I suppose that is why it went to that room first

isnt it kinda useless to have a welcome mat then, since you can just put like a door in a room and remove all your other doors

I wonder what is going on? That must be a glitch or something! I hope playfish wouldn't make a cc item obsolete that quickly!

Mage lvl8 wrote:
isnt it kinda useless to have a welcome mat then, since you can just put like a door in a room and remove all your other doors

I can see your point, but at the same time, some people may not want to have a door as part of their room, and yet would prefer to have their neighbors go to a room that is decorated without a door.... So, I suppose that is where , "THE MAT" comes in.... Now, is it worth cc's....I am not to sure about that

Guest Guest
yes. Kivie is right. whichever room has the door FIRST will be the room you're going to. by First i mean the order of rooms goes left to right, so if room 3 has a door, and room 4 has a door, room 3 will be the room you go in first. if you have one door in one room in the entire house then whatever room has the door be the room you'll go in first.

and yes the mat seems useless if you can just put a door, but doors also take up a lot of space, and for aesthetic purposes, it may be very unappealing, so a smaller mat be nice to have for certain people whoever has the funds to buy one.

hope that helps. =)

The Welcome mat is useful. Why ?
1. Not waste space on the room you would want to present
2. The main room that you prefer to visit & you want your neighbour to visit, will be the same.

hmmm...i noticed that the other day too winston. that is very strange that they would do that. as mentioned before, it must be a glitch. my sister's pet has 0 doors in her house and it automatically goes to room #4. don't know why #4, but it keeps going there. we'll have to see what happens but i still like the mat. it does save on space Smile

I noticed that some days ago, I put a door in my Hallo room (the gifted one 4 buying the four items)) and everytime I log in I appear there
I havent had cc to buy the mat which I think its cute due to changing color, then I logged in my sons account and when Wacko visited Jebema he did in that same room

I know this for a long time, before Welcome Mat released. But it only works for me, not to my friend who visit me. But since Welcome Mat out, it works to all my friends too. But I think it's a glitch

Lucky Strike wrote:
So anymore whereever we have the first door friends go there?? :/

Yes it is Smile

if you put a door in one of the rooms, when you visit, you will be in the room where the door is.