Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jennifer11

Wish me luck!!

In about half an hour, I have a job interview and I am sooooooooo nervous! It is for something completely different than what I am doing now, so I am still unsure about it....Currently, I am an early childhood teacher, I work in a daycare and I love my kiddies Smile Anyway, this new job is as a recruiter who fills vacant positions in early childhood centres, and they are wanting someone with a teaching background to do the job and I totally qualify for that. The only reason I am considering it is because it still has to do with early childhood education. I think that finding the right person for the centres would suit my rather pefectionist with a slight tendency towards OCD personality...you know, finding the right fit and all that. Part of the reason I LOVE sudokus and crosswords and also why my house is in such beautiful order (I love symmetry and order)

So yeah, they have already got me to do a sales personality quiz thing and that freaked me out a bit because I'm not in sales at all right now and some of the questions were a bit scary but I guess I didn't do too badly, otherwise they wouldn't want to see me I'm sure!

Anyway, wish me luck! I'll post how it went when I get home!!!

good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you get the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and i'm a bad influence Laughing sudoku and crosswords in THIS post Laughing )

This is probably after your interview that I am posting this, but I wanted to say good luck jennifer!!! U r gonna rock it and knock their socks off. The nerves r there to. Keep u inline and give the best interview ever. Good luck chick!

kiviern04 wrote:
This is probably after your interview that I am posting this, but I wanted to say good luck jennifer!!! U r gonna rock it and knock their socks off. The nerves r there to. Keep u inline and give the best interview ever. Good luck chick!

Thanks Kivie!! You're awesome Smile

Ok so I've had the interview now....and it was quite good. There are two other people to interview, and then they are creating a short list. So I should hear back by the end of next week. Now, there is only one thing that is holding me back....the hours.....I would have to work from 8,30 to 5.30 which sounds totally normal to everyone else but for me it's yuck. At the moment I work 7.30 to 4 and finishing at 4 enables me to pick my niece up from after school care which I couldn't do if I had to work until 5.30 every day. So I am totally torn....it sounds super interesting but I'm not sure I am willing to sacrifice the time I spend with my niece....

What do you think??

jennifer wrote:
Ok so I've had the interview now....and it was quite good. There are two other people to interview, and then they are creating a short list. So I should hear back by the end of next week. Now, there is only one thing that is holding me back....the hours.....I would have to work from 8,30 to 5.30 which sounds totally normal to everyone else but for me it's yuck. At the moment I work 7.30 to 4 and finishing at 4 enables me to pick my niece up from after school care which I couldn't do if I had to work until 5.30 every day. So I am totally torn....it sounds super interesting but I'm not sure I am willing to sacrifice the time I spend with my niece....

What do you think??

There are a lot of things to think about.... and man.....it just makes it that much harder, don't it.... ggrrrr.... you also have to think of the money aspect...more or less....
however, i think your niece is sooo lucky to have you, and if your heart tells u that maybe this just is not the right time to change, then at least u had great practice with the interview.... something else may come along that will work for your time frames to accomodate your time with your niece...
And the waiting game of after your interview.... is torcher......
Good luck...and what ever decision u make is the right one...don't let anyone tell u different, except yourself of course....
Well done on your interview...keep smiling and

That's so true. I have to do what my heart tells me. There is also another early childhood centre which is keen to hire me as well....I feel bad but I haven't given them an answer yet because I was waiting to see what happened today. I am sooooooooooo torn......I have sooooooooooo much thinking to do...it's doing my head in.............

Lucky Strike wrote:
good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you get the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and i'm a bad influence Laughing sudoku and crosswords in THIS post Laughing )

Thanks lucky!!!!!! Haha I couldn't help mentioning sudoku and crosswords after our conversation this morning hahaha

i wish you the best jennifer! they would be silly to pass you up but you've got a hard decision to make. work vs family... whatever you decide, no matter the changes, it will all work out for the best!

and like kivie said, your niece is so lucky to have someone like you in her life!

i hope you get good news real soon!!
and if you can, please keep us updated!!!

Good luck hun with whatever you decide! congratulations But the recruiter job does sound super!

Good luck with whatever decision you decide to make Jennifer, make sure you make the decision for yourself and what feels right for you, not what you think others will want you to do.

I haven't heard back from them, hopefully I will hear by the end of this coming week. I think I will say no though, if they offer it. I just am not prepared to do those hours. Plus, if they are going to be so inflexible with hours, what is going to happen when I have my own children (my husband and I are trying now) and I would have to leave early to pick them up from daycare which closes at 5.30? They don't sound like a very family friendly office unfortunately so because that is our plan right now, I don't think taking this job would be a good move!

Oh yeah, sorry Ashamed The other job is a big possibility...I am probably going to ask about start dates and stuff...the hours will be better, a range of early and late finishes, but that gives me time to get my niece if I need to. Plus, this one is way closer to home than the other one, which is a bonus. I wouldn't mind working late there once in a while because I won't get stuck in rush hour traffic as it's so close to home. Unlike the recruiter job which is downtown!

so apart from the salary the second one is wayyyyyyyyy batter!!! well.. if you can afford to take the second job i think you'll better there.. If not for anything you will perform so good on the 1st one if you don't like it or do it with a heavy heart from any reason..