Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

Account disabled...

Guest Guest
I GOT IT BACK!!! thanks to everyone for keeping me encouraged and special thanks to Lea for some information regarding this!! you guys rock.

..i'm glad it wasn't my PS account but i made a 2nd account for my school friends with my REAL information and that one got blocked.. now they are asking for my freaking ID to get it back. why in the WORLD do they need my personal information for a stupid social network? ugh..

but because of this im afraid to trade or buy PF cash now because the account i use for PS isn't with my real name since i wanted it only for game friends. my real name account was for school friends only. sigh.. i didn't even USE my other account much so idk why they bothered to block it. .. ugh

Edit: forgot to mention i didn't get a notification i was disabled. it was working all weekend. so it prob got blocked last night. Sad
Spoiler:

Guest Guest

sigh.. this is prob why i didn't want to get attached to an FB game cause they can be jerks and disable you anytime.

that is a totaly bummer renny. i know that a lot of the members have more than one account.... so, i dont get it.... good luck sweets
so sorry to hear this

hun what personal info are they asking for?
Be careful as it might not actually be facebook who have blocked your account.

As far as I remember you dont really add any personal details when setting up an account so I'm dubious as to what they need now

Guest Guest

thanks everyone.

@ lea: it is the actual facebook page. Sad i tried to log in my school FB and they said it's been disabled. i have seen people talk about FB asking them for an ID verification (like a scan of ur ID) and to send it in cause they dont like people making "fake accounts" but like this is a total jib cause that is my real account. Sad i had like 80 school friends too.

i'm really annoyed right now. can't scan either since im in school.

I certainly wouldnt be happy about sending a copy of my id to facebook!

from reading up on google about this hun it might be another facebook hack as this has happend to a lot of females accounts today and all asking for goverment issued id to restore it.

I will keep searching and see if I can find an official facebook comment on this, but please dont send any id yet

Guest Guest
lea75 wrote:
I certainly wouldnt be happy about sending a copy of my id to facebook!

from reading up on google about this hun it might be another facebook hack as this has happend to a lot of females accounts today and all asking for goverment issued id to restore it.

I will keep searching and see if I can find an official facebook comment on this, but please dont send any id yet

really? i hope it's nothing serious. i'm grateful for the help though Sad i'll keep an eye out too myself.. even though im inactive with that account i do use it to keep track of school friends so i really want it back Sad

Riuna I've sent you a link to a page I've found. I've seen a few sites say the same as this now, so I would tend to believe it.
It seems this is a facebook bug.

Facebook has confirmed that a bug found early today in its system is responsible for automatically disabling a number of accounts on the site. According to the company, those accounts - many of which immediately took to Twitter to complain - are in the process of being reactivated right now.

A Facebook spokesperson had this to say about the snafu:

Earlier today, we discovered a bug in a system designed to detect and disable likely fake accounts. The bug, which was live for a short period of time, caused a very small percentage of Facebook accounts to be mistakenly disabled. Upon discovering the bug, we immediately worked to resolve it. It's now been fixed, and we're in the process of reactivating and notifying the people who were affected.

Guest Guest

i read the article, thank you Lea.

although the last paragraph makes me nervouse. Sad

While Boy Genius Reports (smartly) advised readers against providing a government I.D. until Facebook confirmed, it looks now like providing a scanned image of your I.D. is indeed the way to reactivate an account with Facebook. Heck, there's even a Facebook Group protesting the practice. Who knew?

Yes, it is scary, I have read about people whose account were disabled asking them to recognize their contatcs, or asking them to provide a phone number to send a code, but about providing a copy of an id is really strange

Guest Guest

it is. apparently i will have to though if i dont get it back within a few days. Sad

I've had a friend who had to do that long time ago. He decided to scan his ID, erased all data from the pic and left only the name. They reactivated his account after that. I don't like that practise. I know FB rule is to use the actual name, but they shouldn't have rights enough to oblige you to show your ID or any kind of document. It's insane, it's only a website!

Guest Guest

it came back!!!! Lea was right abut the FB bug. im glad it didn't stay disabeled and they gave me my account back w/o me having to send such vital information to them.

*cries happily*

Riuna wrote:
it came back!!!! Lea was right abut the FB bug. im glad it didn't stay disabeled and they gave me my account back w/o me having to send such vital information to them.

*cries happily*

Guest Guest
kiviern04 wrote:
Riuna wrote:

*cries happily*